2-What is the difference between At New and On change Of
inside a loop??I want inside a loop difference not basic
Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback
Answer / sagi.nagamani
1.at new is always followed by single field.
eg: AT NEW MATNR.
if any changes in matnr occurs at new event triggers.
at this case right side fields of matnr appears like
this.right side character fields appears like **** &
numeric field become null in work area.
2.on change of follows by single or more fields.
eg: ON CHANGE OF MATNR OR LABST OR WERKS.
here any change in any field on change of event
triggers.here we can see all fields in work area.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||11 Yes||0 No|
Answer / nagaraju
1.At new statement is used inside the loop and end loop.
2.At new f3 : at new will trigger if any F1,F2,F3 field
1.on change of is used with in loop end loop, select end
2 on change of F3, on change of will trigger when only F3
it won't bother about F1 and F2 changes.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||8 Yes||4 No|
Answer / gagan
in addition to previous answer:
1. in At new field say f3, the fields on the right side of
f3, will become * ( if char field) or 0 ( if integer field).
this wont happen in on change event.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||3 Yes||1 No|
Answer / bhuvanya
Q. What is the difference between 'At New / End At' and 'On Change Of / EndOn'?
1. 'On Change Of' can be used in any loop construct, not just 'Loop At'.
2. A Single 'On Change Of' can be triggered by a change within one or more fields named after of and separated by OR.
3. When used within a loop, a change in a field to the left of the control level does not trigger a control break.
4. When used within a loop, fields to the right still contain their original values; they are not changed to contain zero or asterisks.
5. You can use 'else' statement between 'On Change OF' and 'End On'. You can also use ELSEIF statements in conjunction with special implementation of ON, but should always try to avoid this because they may not be supported in future.
6. You can use it with 'Loop At' IT WHERE clause……
7. You can use 'SUM' with 'On Change Of'. It sums all numeric fields except the one(s) named after Of.
8. Another difference is while using 'at new' in case if you code any write statements between 'at new' and 'end at' the value for the numeric fields will be returned as 0 and that of no numeric fields will be returned as *(asterisk). But in on change of the original values will be returned.
NOTE: Use the 'At First' and 'At Last' statement to perform during the first or last pass of internal table. These statements can only be used within 'LOOP AT'; they cannot be used within select.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||0 Yes||0 No|
Explain what are extracts?
what is the importance of macros? is it that it is useful only for addition or subtraction operation (arithmetic operations) ? I need more information regards this? I am waiting for the reply
What is the process to enhance the Infotype
Explain MM and SD flow from ABAP point of view?
What is table maintenance generator?
Explain the difference between a pool table and a transparent table and how they are stored at the database level?
What are the kinds of foreign key fields?
Hi folks , this is venkat ,I am looking for SAP EDI training if you have any idea please mail me contact details vekat.
Q2.What is the special character is used to mask a single characher. 1. & 2. % 3.’_____ 4._____’
how to send mail on smart form
Explain SD and MM Flow?
We execute the BDC program in foreground and got list in C drive. If the same program we can execute in back ground what happen?