1. What is Active Directory? 2. What is LDAP? 3. Can you connect Active Directory to other 3rd-party Directory Services? Name a few options. 4. Where is the AD database held? What other folders are related to AD? 5. What is the SYSVOL folder? 6. Name the AD NCs and replication issues for each NC 7. What are application partitions? When do I use them 8. How do you create a new application partition 9. How do you view replication properties for AD partitions and DCs? 10. What is the Global Catalog? 11. How do you view all the GCs in the forest? 12. Why not make all DCs in a large forest as GCs? 13. Trying to look at the Schema, how can I do that? 14. What are the Support Tools? Why do I need them? 15. What is LDP? What is REPLMON? What is ADSIEDIT? What is NETDOM? What is REPADMIN? 16. What are sites? What are they used for? 17. What’s the difference between a site link’s schedule and interval? 18. What is the KCC? 19. What is the ISTG? Who has that role by default? 20. What are the requirements for installing AD on a new server? 21. What can you do to promote a server to DC if you’re in a remote location with slow WAN link? 22. How can you forcibly remove AD from a server, and what do you do later? Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Can I get user passwords from the AD database? 23. What tool would I use to try to grab security related packets from the wire? 24. Name some OU design considerations. 25. What is tombstone lifetime attribute? 26. What do you do to install a new Windows 2003 DC in a Windows 2000 AD? 27. What do you do to install a new Windows 2003 R2 DC in a Windows 2003 AD? 28. How would you find all users that have not logged on since last month? 29. What are the DS* commands? 30. What’s the difference between LDIFDE and CSVDE? Usage considerations? 31. What are the FSMO roles? Who has them by default? What happens when each one fails? 32. What FSMO placement considerations do you know of? 33. I want to look at the RID allocation table for a DC. What do I do? 34. What’s the difference between transferring a FSMO role and seizing one? Which one should you NOT seize? Why? 35. How do you configure a Ã¢â‚¬Å“stand-by operation masterÃ¢â‚¬Â for any of the roles? 36. How do you backup AD? 37. How do you restore AD? 38. How do you change the DS Restore admin password? 39. Why can’t you restore a DC that was backed up 4 months ago? 40. What are GPOs? 41. What is the order in which GPOs are applied? 42. Name a few benefits of using GPMC. 43. What are the GPC and the GPT? Where can I find them? 44. What are GPO links? What special things can I do to them? 45. What can I do to prevent inheritance from above? 46. How can I override blocking of inheritance? 47. How can you determine what GPO was and was not applied for a user? Name a few ways to do that. 48. A user claims he did not receive a GPO, yet his user and computer accounts are in the right OU, and everyone else there gets the GPO. What will you look for? 49. Name a few differences in Vista GPOs 50. Name some GPO settings in the computer and user parts. 51. What are administrative templates? 52. What’s the difference between software publishing and assigning? 53. Can I deploy non-MSI software with GPO? 54. You want to standardize the desktop environments (wallpaper, My Documents, Start menu, printers etc.) on the computers in one department. How would you do that?1760
.What do you do to install a new Windows 2003 R2 DC in a
Windows 2003 AD?
14. How would you find all users that have not logged on
since last month?
15. What are the DS* commands?
16. What’s the difference between LDIFDE and CSVDE? Usage
17. What are the FSMO roles? Who has them by default? What
happens when each one fails?
18. What FSMO placement considerations do you know of?
19. I want to look at the RID allocation table for a DC.
What do I do?
20. What’s the difference between transferring a FSMO role
and seizing one? Which one should you NOT seize? Why?
21. How do you configure a Ã¢â‚¬Å“stand-by operation
masterÃ¢â‚¬Â for any of the roles?
22. How do you backup AD?
23. How do you restore AD?
24. How do you change the DS Restore admin password?
25. Why can’t you restore a DC that was backed up 4 months ago?
26. What are GPOs?
27. What is the order in which GPOs are applied?
28. Name a few benefits of using GPMC.
29. What are the GPC and the GPT? Where can I find them?
30. What are GPO links? What special things can I do to them?
31. What can I do to prevent inheritance from above?
32. How can I override blocking of inheritance?
33. How can you determine what GPO was and was not applied
for a user? Name a few ways to do that.
34. A user claims he did not receive a GPO, yet his user and
computer accounts are in the right OU, and everyone else
there gets the GPO. What will you look for?
35. Name a few differences in Vista GPOs
36. Name some GPO settings in the computer and user parts.
37. What are administrative templates?
38. What’s the difference between software publishing and
39. Can I deploy non-MSI software with GPO?
40. You want to standardize the desktop environments
(wallpaper, My Documents, Start menu, printers etc.) on the
computers in one department. How would you do that?
1.What Is the diff b/w Win NT & win 2000 ?
2. What is difference b/w WIN NT DNS,DhCP and Win 2000
3. What are the seven Layers of OSI model ?
4. what Is TCP /IP /
5. What is the difference b/w Netbios name & Hostname
6. What are the Features of AD ?What are the diff roles
of AD ?(FsmO)
7. How do you carry out migration from NT 4.0 to
Windows 2000 ?
8. What is the size of SAM DB in NT 4.0 and how many
objects can be created in win NT / Win 2k /
9. How do uimplement group policy and what is the
difference b/w s/w deployment and publishing in AD ?
10. Where does u change the role in AD FSMO roles ?
11. What is dynamic DNS and how dows it register with
12. What are the new features of windows 2000 ?
13. Can u rename a domain in win 2k environment ?
14. What is the backup policy that is taken in your
company and what is the s/w that is used for taking back up ?
15. How do you update Antivirus on all machines (is it
Auto update or manual update)
16. What is the system state data in Win 2k /
17. How do you repair a Blue Screen error ?
18. How is OS hardening done in Servers ?
19. How is auditing is carried out a workstations?
20. Hopw RAs setup in NT and hopw is the permission
given for a NT user ?
21. what are the feautures of AD ?
22. by default what is the trust relation ship in Win2k ?]
23. What is native mode in win2k and can we have
prewin2k environment(Win nt,win95,98,Me etc)in native mode ?
Ans No, only it possible in mIxed mode.it support Pre
24. What is Global catalog server ?
25. Where do you Promote a BDC and PDC ? Ans : Server
26. By default when Win 2k is installed what is the
role it assumes and how do you promote it to dC ?
27. what is LDAP protocol /
28. What are EFS , DFS and Kerberos in Win 2k /
29. What is forest , Tree, Organization Unit and site
in Win 2k3 ?
30. Can you establish Trust relation ship b/w win 2k
and Win Nt machine in native mode environment ?
31. What are the files systems supported Win 2k and 2k3 ?
32. What is tool used to manage disk management tasks ?
33. What is the different between a Basic disc and
Dynamic disc ? Can you revert dynamic disk to basic disk ?
34. What are the different levels of RAID that can be
35. What are the different roles played by a DNS server ?
36. What is a ZONE in DNS ?
37. What is the tool used to move an object with in a
SAP SD Interview Questions -Prepared by www.sapclient.com1 4229
I am an iti holder i have passed at 2010 how i can get electrical supervisor licence in banglore or in chittoor (dist) A P1230
what r the safety measures in UPS ? explain all?
What is the difference between isolation transformers and step up or step down transformer?
Battery is a voltage source? give one example of current source and why?
Explain ng-include directive in angularjs?
What are ebs volumes?
How Long After Filing Will The Creditors Stop Calling?
How does client object model works?
oracle 1st round What are the different types of joins? Explain normalization with examples. What cursor type do you use to retrieve multiple recordsets? Diffrence between a "where" clause and a "having" clause What is the difference between "procedure" and "function"? How will you copy the structure of a table without copying the data? How to find out the database name from SQL*PLUS command prompt? Tadeoffs with having indexes Talk about "Exception Handling" in PL/SQL? What is the diference between "NULL in C" and "NULL in Oracle?" What is Pro*C? What is OCI? Give some examples of Analytical functions. What is the difference between "translate" and "replace"? What is DYNAMIC SQL method 4? How to remove duplicate records from a table? What is the use of ANALYZing the tables? How to run SQL script from a Unix Shell? What is a "transaction"? Why are they necessary? Explain Normalizationa dn Denormalization with examples. When do you get contraint violtaion? What are the types of constraints? How to convert RAW datatype into TEXT? Difference - Primary Key and Aggregate Key How functional dependency is related to database table design? What is a "trigger"? Why can a "group by" or "order by" clause be expensive to process? What are "HINTS"? What is "index covering" of a query? What is a VIEW? How to get script for a view? What are the Large object types suported by Oracle? What is SQL*Loader? Difference between "VARCHAR" and "VARCHAR2" datatypes. What is the difference among "dropping a table", "truncating a table" and "deleting all records" from a table. Difference between "ORACLE" and "MICROSOFT ACCESS" databases. How to create a database link ? PL/SQL interview questions... Normalize many to many relationships Difference - Equijoin and union What is TEMP table space in Oracle, what is rollback segment How do we find row chaining? Pattern matching operators Features in oracle 9i and 10g Why truncating table is faster than delete copy commit syntax Convert Zulu time zone to US Eastern time zone Difference - union and union all Difference - Group by, Order by clause Which Ranking functions are available? Difference - Decode, NVL, NVL2 Tradeoffs of using partitioned tables How can we call stored procedure in SQL query What are the restrictions on calling PL/SQL from SQL Why EXISTS is preferable to distinct Give 2 examples of avoiding unnecessary parsing.
Why do some of the latest 'single crystal' superalloys contain concentrations of the grain boundary strengthening elements, e.g. carbon and boron?
What type of flow measurement devices is best for slurries?
hi, im rahul i working on project BUSINESS PROJECT REENGINEERING,IM DOING MY PRODUCTION ENGG & BPR IS MY FINAL YEAR PROJECTS, HOW CAN DO MY PROJECTS? I KNOW NX3,CATIA,PRO-E SOFTWARES (MODELING SOFTWARES)
What is the difference between the global installation of dependencies and local installation of dependencies?
How will you reverse a list?
What are the different layers of cloud computing?
What is the significance of “vuser-init “?