01 a pic x(4) value 'abcd'
01 b pic 9(3)
can we move from a to b.if possible what would be stored in
b.

Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback

01 a pic x(4) value 'abcd' 01 b pic 9(3) can we move from a to b.if possible what would..

Answer / chuvabe

no. cannot. because b is numeric. alpanumeric cannot move
to numeric field.

Is This Answer Correct ?    3 Yes 4 No

01 a pic x(4) value 'abcd' 01 b pic 9(3) can we move from a to b.if possible what would..

Answer / shibin shah

alpha numeric value cant be stored in integer data type ....
so b will b contain junk valueeee...

Is This Answer Correct ?    0 Yes 1 No

Answer / shiva

no we cannot move alphabet in to a numeric field....

Is This Answer Correct ?    0 Yes 1 No

Answer / sadaf rehan

abc will moved to a and 'd' will get teminating

Is This Answer Correct ?    1 Yes 5 No

Answer / manish shelke

YES, we can move . But the a will contained only ABC and D
will get truncated

Is This Answer Correct ?    5 Yes 12 No

Post New Answer

More COBOL Interview Questions

How to get the last record in vsam file in cluster? And how can you get the ksds file records into cobol program?

0 Answers  

i have mainprogram and subgram...if i compile mainprogram without stop run..what will u get in compilation time?

5 Answers   HCL,

Why occurs can not be used in 01 level ?

2 Answers   TCS,

how we sort two input files based on a common column and giving one o/p file please send me the coding logic?

0 Answers   Valtech,

COMP?

2 Answers  

how can we get current dat and time thru cobol pgm

3 Answers   DELL,

) What is the use of IGNORE?

1 Answers   IBM,

Minimum how many Number of Paragraphs are there in ID- Divison?

7 Answers   IBM,

Which of the following paragraphs is compulsory in every COBOL program? (a) SPECIAL-NAMES (b) PROGRAM-ID (c) FILE-CONTROL (d) OBJECT-COMPUTER

4 Answers  

I have a PS file and I would like to manually insert the binary values (like a COMP format) into the file. How can i do that? the way do in COMP-3 format.. suppose i want to insert -12345 in to file in comp-3 format. simply we can open a file in edit mode and do HEX-ON and insert the value . SEE BELOW-- 135 24D in 3 bytes - this will be COMP-3 presenatation of -12345.

1 Answers  

77 I pic 99 value 5 Perorm para-A I times. Para -A. move 10 to I. How many times the para-A will be executed.?

9 Answers   TCS,

How to remove the spaces at end of each record in the output file Via COBOL program? note: The file has a VB length

3 Answers   TCS,

Categories