HOW CAN YOU DO SCD2 IN DATA STAGE USING SEQUENTIAL FILES?
Answer / abhisek
Read the incoming records through any input stage like sequential file/dataset/table.
• Do the required processing for the incoming data.
• After the above processing step, pass the data into the change capture stage.
• The change capture should be having two input links- one is the before dataset and the other is the after dataset. For our job, the before dataset should be the active records present in the table. The active records are all those records which are having EXPR_DT=’2999-12-31’. The after dataset will be the incoming data passed into change capture after all the necessary processing.
• The change capture stage compared the before dataset and after dataset and produces 4 change_codes for each of the records. The 4 change codes are as follows:
“0” – Copy code (The code indicates the after record is a copy of the before record)
“1”-Insert code (The code indicates a new record has been inserted in the after set that did not exist in the before set.)
“2”-Delete code(The code indicates that a record in the before set has been deleted from the after set)
“3”-Edit code(the code indicates the after record is an edited version of the before record)
The copy records are not passed in the change captured stage as since we need only edited, insert records fro SCD II implementation.
• Use a filter stage to separate the records that needs to be expired and inserted.
• Filter the records with change_code = “1 or 3” into the insert records link. Filter the records with change_code=” 3” into update/expiry link.
• The records with change_code=3 are edited records. So the original records corresponding to these edited records are to be made in-active (expired). We can make the records inactive by changing the EXPR_DT<> ‘2999-12-31’.So to make the record inactive change the EXPR_DT with a valid date. For e.g. you can use make the EXPR_DT as the date one less than the date on which you are loading the data into the table. We will assume that we are loading the data on 2008-08-15.So the EXPR_DT for inactive records would become ‘2008-08-14’. The date 2008-08-15 can be made as the EFCT_DT for records to be inserted.
• To get the original records which needs to be expired, “look-up” the target table for all the records with change_code=3 which are filtered out separately. Get the original record along with the EFCT_DT of the original record. Then update the records EXPR_DT to ‘2008-08-14’ in the table. Now the original records are made inactive (expired).
• The new updated record (change_code=3) needs to be in table along with the new insert records(change_code=1).This data is filtered out from the “filter” stage and inserted into the table with EFCT_DT=”Data of loading” i.e. “2008-08-15” and EXPR_DT=”2999-12-31”
|Is This Answer Correct ?||0 Yes||0 No|
What are the components of datastage?
i/p o/p1 o/p2 1 1 4 1 1 5 1 1 6 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 6 how to populates i/p rows into o/p1&o/p2 using datastage stages?and also the same scenario using sql?
SEQUENTIAL FILE I HAVE ONE RECORD,I WANT 100 RECORDS IN TARGET?HOW CAN WE DO THAT?PLS EXPLAIN ME AND WHAT STAGES ARE THERE?WHAT LOGIC?
what is stage is used for below Input columns: dept|mgr|employee|salary Output columns: mgr|count of employee per mgr|avg salary per dept note: each dept has one mgr and each mgr has many employees
30 jobs are running in unix.i want to find out my job.how to do this?Give me command?
how to export or import the jobs in .ISX file
What are the prerequisites for join stage
Question 4) source target c1 c1 c2 c3 c2 c4 c4 c5 c3 c6 c7 c4 c5 c6 c7 Singal Source and Singal Target only subash,
what is difference between migration project and integration project? can anyone explain with the example Thanks in advance
pls ,tell me good Training centre with Job Oppertunity for Data stage in chennai?
Hi Vijay here For Four CPU's how many nodes will required?