3 boys go to the restaurant. Their bill was 75 rs..
So they contributed 25 each. Manager then gives 5 rs back
to the waiter and then waiter gave 3 rs back to them and
put 2 rs into his pocket..
So their actual contribution is 24 because they got 1-1 rs
back. so 24*3=72 and 2 rs into the waiter's pocket. so
74+2=74
where is 1 rs?

Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback

3 boys go to the restaurant. Their bill was 75 rs.. So they contributed 25 each. Manager then gives..

Answer / bhargav

75 - 5 = 70

70 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 75

Question is tricky, don't get confused by the question.
No loss in 1 Rupee.

Is This Answer Correct ?    2 Yes 3 No

3 boys go to the restaurant. Their bill was 75 rs.. So they contributed 25 each. Manager then gives..

Answer / jitesh jadhav

bill amount 75
discount rs 5
_____
70 manager
waiter got 2
return 1 rs 3 each
-------

Is This Answer Correct ?    0 Yes 1 No

Answer / lallu

3 people gave 25 rs each....then both of them got 1rs back...so they only lost 24rs...is it true? then how 23.33333 etc..

Answer / lalit goyal

Assume 500 rs then missing amount would be 500-72-2=
426,,bull shit

Answer / prithvi

70+1+1+1+2 = 75

Answer / harry

service tax

Answer / praty

The calculation the question is providing is wrong...just to confuse us.....forget about 2 & 3 rupees....so total bill would be 70 rs.So,remove 2 rs from it...and bill will be 73 rs...therefore total =bill+money in waiter's pocket=73+2=75!!!!

Answer / kapil

they gave 75 rs to the manager and the waiter,returned them 5 rs due to some reason. so,
the actual price which is taken by the manager is 70 rs
the waiter distributed 1,1,1 for each (3members) and he has 2 rs. so, 70+1+1+1+2=75. there is another method by equating

Answer / sai teja

1 rupee is not missing.. i sucessfully solved

per men 25 rs

75 given by 3 boys..

manager returned 5 as discount. to the waiter..

and the waiter has taken 2rs and kept in pocket.. and remaining 3 given to them..

now the real bill paid by boys was 24 *3

24*3 72 2 was the waiters pocket..

now see..here 75-5=70 70%3=23.33 now 23.33*3=69.99 = 70...kkk

70 waiters 2rupees and boys takend as discount 3 rupees ..???

702=72111=75..kkk

Answer / nitesh

3 boys go to the shop thier bill was 60 rs so they contributed each rs 20 owner gives then rs 10 back to the servantand then servant gave 6 rs back to them and put rs 4 into his pocket. so thier actual contribution is 18 because they got 2 rs back. so 18*3=54 and rs 4into the servant pocket so 54+4=58 where is 2rs?

Post New Answer

More Puzzles Interview Questions

rambo works in the security section of a bank.everybody in the company is either an IT person or a finance person or both.the assignment that rambo is currently working on has five people from finance and three people from IT,including him.of the 26 finance people in his department,a total of 16 are in his section.of the 18 IT people in his department,10 are not in rambo section.there is nobody in rambo section who is both a finance person and an IT person.fifteen people in his department do not belong to his section... 1)how many IT people are there in rambo's department who are not a finance person and are not in rambo's section? A)1 B)3 C)5 D)8 2)what number finance people in rambo's department are not in his section? A)26 B)10 C)21 D)16 3) what is the total number of people who come under rambo's department? A)51 B)45 C)40 D)39 4)how many people in the department are both IT and finance persons? A)0 B)5 C)3 D)7 i face this question

2 Answers   CTS,

A husband and wife have a combined age of 91. The husband is now twice as old as his wife was when he was as old as she is now. How old is wife?

8 Answers   TCS, Wipro,

At 6o'clock ,a watch strokes 6 times.The time between first and last is 30secs.At midnight 12o' clock how much time for all strokes?

0 Answers   Infosys,

1 apple = 6 rupees(indian currency)1 orange 3 rupees and 1 lemon 10 paise. i wan to buy 100 fruits(above mentioned)for 100 rupees. tell me how much quantity of apple orange and lemon will be buy for 100 rupees. this is serious qstn.help me plzz????????

13 Answers   Broadridge,

Nine plates of similar in design... same colour, same size but one plate among that has very small difference in weight. you should find it but the condition is u can use weighing pan only two times. at the second time u should be able to find the defeated plate..............

6 Answers  

Given a sequence of integers, there are a few sequences which result in balanced binary search trees i.e., AVL trees. Write a program that takes a sequence of integers as input and outputs the number of such sequences that result in the balanced binary search trees. Input Format: Single line contains sequence of integers terminated by -1. Output format: Print the number of AVL tree possible from that input sequence. Sample Input: 1 2 3 -1 Sample Output: 2

0 Answers   TCS,

Find the least number which when divided by 35, leaves remainder 25; when divided by 45, leaves remainder 35 and when divided by 55, leaves remainder 45.

9 Answers  

agar aapse wo insaan i love you kahe jis se aap pyar nahi karte to aap uska bina dil dukhaye kya jawab doge?

11 Answers  

A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 45. For all values of n from 1 to 45, statement n says "At most n of te statements on this sheet are false". Which statments are true and which are false? A. The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false. B. The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false. C. All statements are true.

3 Answers   TCS,

condition: there is a room in which you r sitting in middle.and infront of you there is two persons and two doors.behind 1 door there is success and behind another door there is failure,but you don't know behind which door success is.out of above 2 person one always speak truth and other always lie and you also don't know who speak true and who speak lie. question: you have to select success door by asking only one question....so what only one question you ask to get sucess door? note:you are not supposed to ask two question 1 with each person

2 Answers   Infosys,

What is the minimum number of races required to pick the best three horses from 25 horses if each race has maximum of 5 horses?

35 Answers   Infosys, MAIT, PDF, State Bank Of India SBI, Wipro, ZoomInfo,

Solve this Murder case (challenge).. A man was found murdred on 02/10/2010 wednesday afternon at 2:10pm in his house...... His wife called police.. Police questioned everyone.. Wife: I was sleeping.. Neighbours: We went 4 the marriage.. Driver: I went to Bank.. Cooker: I went to Market.. Watch Man: I went to My relations Marriage.. Police arrested murderer immediately.. Who was it? "Reply if u r briliant with correct reason"

8 Answers  

Categories