3 boys go to the restaurant. Their bill was 75 rs..
So they contributed 25 each. Manager then gives 5 rs back
to the waiter and then waiter gave 3 rs back to them and
put 2 rs into his pocket..
So their actual contribution is 24 because they got 1-1 rs
back. so 24*3=72 and 2 rs into the waiter's pocket. so
74+2=74
where is 1 rs?

Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback

3 boys go to the restaurant. Their bill was 75 rs.. So they contributed 25 each. Manager then gives..

Answer / avinash markam

very  easy .,,,,,they  shear 25 rupee each then

25 X 3 =75  
              5 rupee discount

& so (a)    3   rupee return them 
            & (b)    2   rupees in waiters pocket     

then 70/3 (70 divided in 3 parts)=23.33
         1st  + 2nd + 3rd + 3rupee return+ 2rupee waiter 
    then 23.33+23.33+23.33+ 3(from'a,)+ 2(from'b,)=74.99
                                          so i.e 75 rupee    

Is This Answer Correct ?    10 Yes 1 No

3 boys go to the restaurant. Their bill was 75 rs.. So they contributed 25 each. Manager then gives..

Answer / gokul

waiters money also comes in the 72 rs.so should not add
waiters money extra.24*3=72(including waiters money)+3(each
boy gets one rupee back)=75

Is This Answer Correct ?    28 Yes 20 No

Answer / abhijeet

Logical answer:
1. Manager (M) wanted Rs. 70 /-

2. Boys (B) are in a profit of Rs. 3/-
(i.e. they had to shell out only Rs. 72/-)

3. Waiter (W) is at a profit of Rs. 2/-

Total = M (70) + B (3) + W (2) = Rs. 75/-

:)

Is This Answer Correct ?    7 Yes 1 No

Answer / suraj joshi

i think this is mathematical problem and this is the way to solve it.
A) 25₹ B) 25₹
C) 25₹
and they submitted it total = 75₹
but the actual cost is=70₹
so the manager return 5₹ to bell boy.
bell boy cheat and keep 2₹ own willingness.
now the question why we subtracting in 25₹?we should divide 70/3 = 23.33₹
now each have consumption is 23.33₹.
A)23.33₹ B)23.33₹
C)23.33₹
total = 70₹ and refunded is 3₹ to all partners and bell boy keep 2₹.
then solve it 70₹+3₹(refunded money)+2₹(bell boy keep)=75₹

NOTE- i think we are doing error on 25-1=24. the concept is not pure because three boy has purchase a room and gave 75₹ OK but when the question is on returning 3₹ then
we are subtracting it form 25₹ instead of 23.33₹ .

Is This Answer Correct ?    5 Yes 2 No

Answer / satheesh

70 (actual bill) + 2 (waiter took) + 3 (they have got back)= 75.
They just trying to confuse by adding 2 with 72.

72+2=74 and where is 1? - this question really meaningless.

if that so, go by the same way.
72 (bill) + 2 (tips) + 3 (they have got back) = 77.

thus, they have paid 24 each and sums 72 which includes 70 for the bill and 2 for waiter. that's all. this is for calculation of 72.
if you need of 75, go to first.

finally they just begin the calculation from end.

Is This Answer Correct ?    2 Yes 1 No

Answer / sharbel khoury

The 3 boys got to pay 70Rs
ok then each one have to pay----->23.33..(70/3)
but each one have been gived 1Rs->24.333...
lets multiplie the 24.33 by 3->73
73plus the 2 rsto the waiter's pocket->75Rs
riddle resolved!

Is This Answer Correct ?    3 Yes 2 No

Answer / ravi

actual pay by them is only 72. not 75.
where 70 is with owner and 2 with waiter

Answer / satyajit patil

the bill was 75 rs.
5 rs discount
from those 5 rs.waiter takes 2 rs
i.e. 5-2=3rs. which he returns to boys
i.e.75-3=72 rs..24rs each

Answer / lalit pathade

answer is 24*3=72
72-3=69,
69÷3=23
23+2(Waiter)

Is This Answer Correct ?    2 Yes 1 No

Answer / swapnil surpam

Total 75 bill..5 rupye discount...manje 70 rahale..manger ni dilelya 5 ru tun weterne 2 ru ghetale ani 3 ru parat kele..
Mitrajaval zale total 73 rupees..3 ni vatale asta 24 ru pratekala ale ani 1 rupaya shillak rahala...
24×3=72+2 =74
Shillak rahalela 1 ru
74+1= 75
Zale na barobar rupees

Is This Answer Correct ?    0 Yes 0 No

Post New Answer

More Puzzles Interview Questions

Mrs. F has invited several wives of delegates to the United Nations for an informal luncheon. She plans to seat her 9 guests ina row such that each lady will be able to converse with the person directly to her left and right. She has prepared the following list. Mrs. F speaks English only. Mrs. G speaks English and French. Mrs. H speaks English and Russian. Mrs. J speaks Russian only. Mrs. K speaks English only. Mrs. L speaks French only. Mrs. M speaks French and German. Mrs. N speaks English and German. Mrs. O speaks English only. How many distinct seating arrangements are possible? Give all possible seating arrangements. Note that ABCD and DCBA are the same.

1 Answers  

Submit Answer Users Answer (48) BrainVista Answer Puzzle A Friend Add to Favourite Back to Search Result Hello sajeesh murali ? my Answers ? my Favourites ? Modify Personal Info ? Subscribe ? Logout ? Jigsaw Puzzle ? Join the Dots ? Marbles Game ? Balls Game ? Towers of Hanoi ? Think Number ? Find A Day Brain Teaser No Three Gold (G) coins, three Silver (S) coins and three Copper (C) coins are arranged in a single row as follow: G S C G S C G S C ? Only 2 adjacent unlike coins can be moved at any one time. ? The moved coins must be in contact with at least one other coin in line. i.e. no pair of coins is to be moved and placed away from the remaining ones. ? No coin pairs can be reversed i.e. a S-C combination must remain in that order in its new positionwhen it is moved. What is the minimum number of moves required to get all the coins in following order? C C C S S S G G G Show all moves.

1 Answers  

0,2,4,8,14,24,34,...can ypu solve this series?

8 Answers  

in 10 hrs,if the cistern is filled ,then how much time the outlet takes to empty the cistern

1 Answers   Syntel,

All types of puzzles asked in SBI exam.

0 Answers   State Bank Of India SBI,

Plz mail me some aptitute questions which helps me to face SBI clerical exam.

3 Answers   Genpact, State Bank Of India SBI,

Find out all possible groups of three different numbers that add up to 13 and arrange them according to given condition. If one number is 9, it must go with 1 and 3. If one number is 8, it must go with either 1 and 4 or 2 and 3. If one number is 7, it must go with either 1 and 5 or 2 and 4. If one number is 6, it must go with either 2 and 5 or 3 and 4.

2 Answers   HCL,

Please send SBI Model exam question Paper for Clerical exam sir

2 Answers  

3 boys go to the restaurant. Their bill was 75 rs.. So they contributed 25 each. Manager then gives 5 rs back to the waiter and then waiter gave 3 rs back to them and put 2 rs into his pocket.. So their actual contribution is 24 because they got 1-1 rs back. so 24*3=72 and 2 rs into the waiter's pocket. so 74+2=74 where is 1 rs?

55 Answers   College School Exams Tests, Garrison, Google, HCL, Jabong, Merlion, Rainbow Civil Engineers, Renault, TATA, Watair, Wipro,

100 Gold Coins Five pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all extremely intelligent, treacherous and selfish (especially the captain). The captain always proposes a distribution of the loot. All pirates vote on the proposal, and if half the crew or more go "Aye", the loot is divided as proposed, as no pirate would be willing to take on the captain without superior force on their side. If the captain fails to obtain support of at least half his crew (which includes himself), he faces a mutiny, and all pirates will turn against him and make him walk the plank. The pirates start over again with the next senior pirate as captain. What is the maximum number of coins the captain can keep without risking his life?

5 Answers   Mu Sigma,

why the students are lag for answering this type of questions?

5 Answers   Honeywell,

A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 45. For all values of n from 1 to 45, statement n says "At most n of te statements on this sheet are false". Which statments are true and which are false? A. The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false. B. The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false. C. All statements are true.

3 Answers   TCS,

Categories