What is UV cut off?

What is UV cut off?..

Answer / b.gangatharan

UV cut off is defined as the wavelength where solvent also absorbs UV.measurements must be avoided in this region.hence,it is difficult to determine the absorbance comes from analyte or solvent.for example methanol has UV cut off value of 205 nm.if our analyte is dissolved in methanol ,we should not fix our wavelength near to 205 nm.

Is This Answer Correct ?    7 Yes 0 No

Post New Answer

More Analytical Chemistry Interview Questions

what is PH of 0.1N Hcl, 0.01N Hcl & Mehanol.

3 Answers  

What is Delay & Dead Volume

2 Answers  

why the same column give different retention time in hplc?

7 Answers  

What is Impuriteis?

4 Answers   Zydus Cadila,

In chromatograpbic purity 90% is there, in assay 70% is there. How will you prove remaining 30%.

3 Answers   Dr Reddys,

What is the purpose & importance of using the polystyrene film in ir calibration?

3 Answers   Vimta Labs,


3 Answers   Micro Labs,

Why using Holmium oxide in UV calibration

8 Answers   Orchid, Dr Reddys, Matrix, Nakoda Chemicals,

what is the difference b/w water content & moisture content

2 Answers   Dr Reddys,

Why potassium hydrogen pthalate is used for perchloric acid And naoh. Why it is used for both acid and base

6 Answers   Vijayasri Chemicals,

what is the limit of Correlation for IR test compare to the standard and test

3 Answers   Nakoda Chemicals,

one gram of which below elements has the most atoms in its? a) H b) D C)T D) He

4 Answers  

  • Organic Chemistry Interview Questions Organic Chemistry (287)
  • Inorganic Chemistry Interview Questions Inorganic Chemistry (113)
  • Analytical Chemistry Interview Questions Analytical Chemistry (1212)
  • Physical Chemistry Interview Questions Physical Chemistry (62)
  • General Chemistry Interview Questions General Chemistry (300)
  • Chemistry AllOther Interview Questions Chemistry AllOther (77)