There are 3 lights (in one room) and 3 swtiches (in another
room), one for each, if you only enter into the light room
once. How can you find out which switch corresponds to which
light?

Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback

There are 3 lights (in one room) and 3 swtiches (in another room), one for each, if you only enter ..

Answer / nithya.p

first switch to first light
second switch to second light
third switch to third light

Is This Answer Correct ?    1 Yes 9 No

There are 3 lights (in one room) and 3 swtiches (in another room), one for each, if you only enter ..

Answer / uppendra

3 lights will have only one switch

Is This Answer Correct ?    0 Yes 8 No

Post New Answer

More Puzzles Interview Questions

Three friends went to hotel for breakfast . After having breakfast total bill was Rs 25 . Each one contributed Rs 10. So total was Rs 30 . 30 is paid. waiter gave Rs 5 back to them . Three friend gave Rs 2 tips to waiter . From remaining Rs 3 each one took one rupee. As each one contributed ten . And each friend recieved one rupee back. Means each one had breakfast in nine rupee. So three friend had breakfast in 9+9+9=27. And Rs 2 is given to tips to waiter. So total money for breakfast for three friend was 27+2=29. Where is remaining one rupee?

5 Answers   IIT,

wo kya cheez hai jo saal me 1 baar mahine me 2 baar hafte me 4 baar aur din me 6 baar aati hai

39 Answers   AAA, Global Systems, Google, Human Resources, Infosys, IOCL, Matter and Co, Mind Tree, Prakash Industries, Samsung, Serco, Shani, Shreya Garments, Suman Industries, TNT, VIP, WhatsApp, YDS,

There are 25 horses and only five tracks in a race. How do you find the second coming horse of all the 25 horses, provided there is no stop clock? (obviously, a horse cannot participate more than once in a race).

28 Answers   Amazon, Athena Health Care, Bloomberg, Citrix, Dreamz Group, Global Analytics, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, Oracle, Synopsis, UC Berkeley,

Find out all possible groups of three different numbers that add up to 13 and arrange them according to given condition. If one number is 9, it must go with 1 and 3. If one number is 8, it must go with either 1 and 4 or 2 and 3. If one number is 7, it must go with either 1 and 5 or 2 and 4. If one number is 6, it must go with either 2 and 5 or 3 and 4.

2 Answers   HCL,

1.At the recent web developres bowling match,two ganes were played.Kiev beat stuart in both games;also Richard beat John in both games.The winner in game1 second in game2.Richard won game2 and John beat stuart in game1.No player got the same placing twice.Can you determine who finished where in each game?

2 Answers   QA,

A soldier looses his way in a thick jungle. At random he walks from his camp but mathematically in an interesting fashion. First he walks one mile East then half mile to North. Then 1/4 mile to West, then 1/8 mile to South and so on making a loop. Finally how far he is from his camp and in which direction?

1 Answers  

A number of 9 digits has the following properties: ? The number comprising the leftmost two digits is divisible by 2, that comprising the leftmost three digits is divisible by 3, the leftmost four by 4, the leftmost five by 5, and so on for the nine digits of the number i.e. the number formed from the first n digits is divisible by n, 2<=n<=9. ? Each digit in the number is different i.e. no digits are repeated. ? The digit 0 does not occur in the number i.e. it is comprised only of the digits 1-9 in some order. Find the number.

1 Answers  

Assume for a moment that the earth is a perfectly uniform sphere of radius 6400 km. Suppose a thread equal to the length of the circumference of the earth was placed along the equator, and drawn to a tight fit. Now suppose that the length of the thread is increased by 12 cm, and that it is pulled away uniformly in all directions. By how many cm. will the thread be separated from the earth's surface?

4 Answers  

There are 4 mathematicians - Brahma, Sachin, Prashant and Nakul - having lunch in a hotel. Suddenly, Brahma thinks of 2 integer numbers greater than 1 and says, "The sum of the numbers is..." and he whispers the sum to Sachin. Then he says, "The product of the numbers is..." and he whispers the product to Prashant. After that following conversation takes place : Sachin : Prashant, I don't think that we know the numbers. Prashant : Aha!, now I know the numbers. Sachin : Oh, now I also know the numbers. Nakul : Now, I also know the numbers. What are the numbers? Explain your answer.

1 Answers  

A thief steals half the total no of loaves of bread plus 1/2 loaf from a bakery. A second thief steals half the remaining no of loaves plus 1/2 loaf and so on. After the 5th thief has stolen there are no more loaves left in the bakery. What was the total no of loaves did the bakery have at the beginning

4 Answers   Allianz, Essar, L&T, Misys, Wipro,

You are in a boat with your mother and wife. Suddenly you are forced to drop somebody into water due to boat overloading. You cannot drop yourself. Whom will you drop?

29 Answers   IIM, Keyence,

You have 13 balls which all look identical. All the balls are the same weight except for one. Using only a balance scale, can find the odd one out with only 3 weighings? Is it possible to always tell if the odd one out is heavier or lighter than the other balls?

9 Answers   Sapient,

Categories