Answer / apoorva
1. They are gram-positive cocci arranged in grape-like clusters, singles, pairs or chains.
2. They are catalase positive and oxidase negative
3. They are non-motile and non-fastidious species
4. On Culture-
- Nutrient agar shows abundant pin-head golden-yellow colonies. This golden yellow pigment is k/a STAPHYLOXANTHIN which is carotenoid in nature.
- 5% sheep blood agar shows beta hemolysis
- On MacConkey agar, we can appreciate pink colonies which means that they are Lactose fermenting).
5. Free coagulase is the most important virulence factor
6. Diseases caused by them can be grouped as
cellulitis (inflammation of skin and subcutaneous tissue)
Folliculitis (infection of hair follicles)
Breast abssess(especially-lactating mothers)
Surgical site infection
Necrotising pneumonia(by strains producing leucocidins)
SSSS(Staphylococcal scalded skin disease)
TSS (Toxic shock syndrome)
|Is This Answer Correct ?||0 Yes||0 No|
What is babesiosis?
Name the bacteria which are commonly found in genital organs?
Explain about the"Lazarus Technique"?
what is the causal organismfor dengue fever
who is the grand child of micro biology?
Give an account of removal of and microscopic visualization of extracellular matrix?
What is the difference b/m infection and contamination ?
You receive a package that contains plants that may have been injured by herbicide drift or may have a virus. With no further information, how might you determine which is the problem?
Describe about Variable Frequency Microwaves and Microorganisms ?
In MPN(Most probable number) test if the tubes turn yellow with gas production should it be considered positive?
What disease did Cilla lie about in the soap coranation street?
Explain the mechanism of Lysozyme ?