How will you link the Defect to the Test case? Explain Bug
life cycle ?
Answer / firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirement Traceability Matrix is able to link the
Defect to Test Case.
Bug life cycle:
1) New:When QA files new bug.
2) Deferred: If the bug is not related to current build or
can not be fixed in this release or bug is not important to
fix immediately then the project manager can set the bug
status as deferred.
3) Assigned: ‘Assigned to’ field is set by project lead or
manager and assigns bug to developer.
4) Resolved/Fixed: When developer makes necessary code
changes and verifies the changes then he/she can make bug
status as ‘Fixed’ and the bug is passed to testing team.
5) Could not reproduce: If developer is not able to
reproduce the bug by the steps given in bug report by QA
then developer can mark the bug as ‘CNR’. QA needs action
to check if bug is reproduced and can assign to developer
with detailed reproducing steps.
6) Need more information: If developer is not clear about
the bug reproduce steps provided by QA to reproduce the
bug, then he/she can mark it as “Need more information’. In
this case QA needs to add detailed reproducing steps and
assign bug back to dev for fix.
7) Reopen: If QA is not satisfy with the fix and if bug is
still reproducible even after fix then QA can mark it
as ‘Reopen’ so that developer can take appropriate action.
8 ) Closed: If bug is verified by the QA team and if the
fix is ok and problem is solved then QA can mark bug
9) Rejected/Invalid: Some times developer or team lead can
mark the bug as Rejected or invalid if the system is
working according to specifications and bug is just due to
Thanks & Regards:
|Is This Answer Correct ?||2 Yes||1 No|
can u pls explain me what is boundary value analasys and equivalent partitioning
1. What is Validation and Verification? 2. What is Severity and Priority? Give an examples for: Severity High and Priority High Severity High and Priority low Severity low and Priority high Severity low and Priority low 3. What is Test Metrics? 4. What is Traceabily Matrix? 5. What is CAR in Cheque Remittance Project? 6.What are the tabs in the latest version of Test Director? 7.Explain Development "V" Model? 8.What will you do first when you are asked to start testing? 9.What will you do if you find a bug first time? Can i directly report to the developer? 10.Can you connect Load Runner to Test Director?
What is the smoke testing and sanity testing..?what is the difference?
Description--->There are 5 modules in my application. On every module there is a date box. In 1st module, date box is used for 2 submenus. My Question is ---> Should I have to write test cases for date box for every modules & submenus?
what is functionality testing?
what is traceability matrix?is it mapping b/w the user requirements and prepared test cases?but i want a detailed explanation?
wat kinds of documents requied during regression testion ? at time regression testing is done? can we do it repeatdly
What is sanity testing? and how to do sanity testing for a telephone
When should you begin testing?
If Tester found the bug in build 2.0.0 tester will assign it to developer but not get fixed in next build 2.0.1 then tester have to assign it again for every build if not get fixed upto build 2.0.7 or not? Same question is for version also?
Who will do unit testing ?
What is Test Statergy?