For the symmetrical continuous beam shown in figure, Prestressed with a force P = 1500 KN along parabolic curve as shown, compute the extreme fiber stresses over the central support for the uniformly distributed load of 24 kn/m. Use load balancing method.986
1. 1. The mass of a chunk of moist soil is 34 Kg and its volume is 0.012 cu. Meter. After drying in an oven, the mass reduces to 14.25 Kg. Determine the water content, the density of moist soil, the dry density, void ratio, porosity and degree of saturation. Take G = 3.251132
2. In a container filled with each of the following materials, at a porosity of 40%, determine the upward gradient required to cause the quick condition (a) Lead shot with a G = 13.75; (b) Fibre beads with G = 2.15; (c) Sand with a G = 2.32915
3. A vane 12.5 cm long, 8.8 cm dia was pressed into a soft clay at the bottom of borehole. Torque was applied and the value at failure was 55 N-m. find the shear strength of the clay on a horizontal plane.891
4. Differentiate between NC and OC soils. Draw curves for (i) Stress vs Strain (ii) Volume charge vs Strain (iii) Pore pressure vs Strain for these soils972
5. Two long boundary walls run parallel to each other at a center to center distance of 1 meter apart. The width and height of the first wall are 0.30 m and 2.5m respectively. While those of the second are respectively 0.18m and 3.5m. Plot the distribution of vertical stress intensity due to walls on a horizontal plane, 1m below ground level. The walls have negligible depth of foundation and are made of brick masonry (y = 19.2 kN/m cu)935
how much thickness of roof truss?1 2805
1.what is the main responsibilites of Site Engineer ? and what are main attitude ?3 5433
What is the Systematic Responsibility Site Engineer? Who are the above and under co-oridinating ? What is office & Site co-ordination of Site Engineer?935
What is the Requirements of indoor & outdoor Substation Construction? What is the main Safty Requirements for SubStation Construction?1 1597
WHAT IS FLOOR AREA RATIO? Y IS IT NECESSARY? HOW TO CALCULATE IT?1 3977
how to identify different types of soils in field?2 4151
I need to plaster an area of 1500 square meter. how much quantity of cement and sand need for this.?5 20228
How to calculate canal slope curvature qty!
pls send me interview question paper with answer of EIL/AAI/UPSC/RPSC because i am doing prepration of compitation exam of UPSC for the Asst. Executive Engineer
how we calculate the grade of the Bituminous materials.?????
What is the difference between pvc,cpvc and upvc and where it is used as per their properties?????
1.what is the mix proportion for cement soil compressed earth blocks? 2.how to calculate the mix proportion for cement stablised earth soil blocks?
indian standard split spoon sampler
Kindly post me previous year interview questions with answer for post of Manager (civil engg.) for NTPC, IOC , GAIL etc. I have interview on july 2013.I will be very grateful to you. Please guide me.
can we use PPC for concrete wall, If yes, what is the concrete (PPC & OPC) grade for Non- load bearing concrete wall, load bearing concrete wall & for cellar retaining wall.
. Write a C program to perform following functions:- a. Declare one integer variable of all the storage classes. b. Print all the variables without assigning any values in tabular format. a. The tabular format must contain the variable name, type, storage class and printed value on the screen in RED color.
what is diffrence between catchment area,watershed and basin?
How to calculate the load of partion in flat slab if we use brick?
how much tempareture are required to make liquid state of pid leed
sir, whitch is the best book (writer name) for prepration of gate....
How much material will consume for following specification water tank (9*7.5*6 feet)?
how to calculate the mortar for 10'*10' size room for both plastering and for masonry work?