For the symmetrical continuous beam shown in figure, Prestressed with a force P = 1500 KN along parabolic curve as shown, compute the extreme fiber stresses over the central support for the uniformly distributed load of 24 kn/m. Use load balancing method.867
1. 1. The mass of a chunk of moist soil is 34 Kg and its volume is 0.012 cu. Meter. After drying in an oven, the mass reduces to 14.25 Kg. Determine the water content, the density of moist soil, the dry density, void ratio, porosity and degree of saturation. Take G = 3.25865
2. In a container filled with each of the following materials, at a porosity of 40%, determine the upward gradient required to cause the quick condition (a) Lead shot with a G = 13.75; (b) Fibre beads with G = 2.15; (c) Sand with a G = 2.32756
3. A vane 12.5 cm long, 8.8 cm dia was pressed into a soft clay at the bottom of borehole. Torque was applied and the value at failure was 55 N-m. find the shear strength of the clay on a horizontal plane.751
4. Differentiate between NC and OC soils. Draw curves for (i) Stress vs Strain (ii) Volume charge vs Strain (iii) Pore pressure vs Strain for these soils797
5. Two long boundary walls run parallel to each other at a center to center distance of 1 meter apart. The width and height of the first wall are 0.30 m and 2.5m respectively. While those of the second are respectively 0.18m and 3.5m. Plot the distribution of vertical stress intensity due to walls on a horizontal plane, 1m below ground level. The walls have negligible depth of foundation and are made of brick masonry (y = 19.2 kN/m cu)742
how much thickness of roof truss?1 2591
1.what is the main responsibilites of Site Engineer ? and what are main attitude ?3 5119
What is the Systematic Responsibility Site Engineer? Who are the above and under co-oridinating ? What is office & Site co-ordination of Site Engineer?795
What is the Requirements of indoor & outdoor Substation Construction? What is the main Safty Requirements for SubStation Construction?1 1409
WHAT IS FLOOR AREA RATIO? Y IS IT NECESSARY? HOW TO CALCULATE IT?1 3697
how to identify different types of soils in field?2 3939
I need to plaster an area of 1500 square meter. how much quantity of cement and sand need for this.?5 19488
What is the name of this multiplication factors ?
please briefly explain calculating or estimating steel quantity for a RCC column?
What is thumb rule in quantity and cost estimation of a residential building in civil engineering??
reinforcement slab, beam and column formulas?
Formula for calculation volume of essentric footing
for Precast foundation howmany days required we can shift the foundation with american Standards i need reference with section any body can help
how to control PQI (Project Quality Index)
hi, i am doing my B.tech third year and i want to have a job in Genpact...So can you help me which kind of job would be more appropriate for me in such a company and How should i prepare for an interview?
What is construction mitigation management?
a solid steel rod length 2m dia and 20mm vertically hangs from celling and has a collar firmly atteched to it. above the collar an annular rubber washer of 40mm th. having stifness k = 5n/mm is placed. determine maximum stress in the rod caused by mass of 5 kg falling through a height of 1.2m.
Why reinforcement done in shorter span in two way slabs
what motivates you to do a good job
How many mortar required for Brickwork of 1 Cu.m works??
Can we weld hot rolled steel ASTM A615 ? Please Give the detail answer please thanks alot
What is the significance of cost estimate knowledge for an architect?