For the symmetrical continuous beam shown in figure, Prestressed with a force P = 1500 KN along parabolic curve as shown, compute the extreme fiber stresses over the central support for the uniformly distributed load of 24 kn/m. Use load balancing method.912
1. 1. The mass of a chunk of moist soil is 34 Kg and its volume is 0.012 cu. Meter. After drying in an oven, the mass reduces to 14.25 Kg. Determine the water content, the density of moist soil, the dry density, void ratio, porosity and degree of saturation. Take G = 3.25976
2. In a container filled with each of the following materials, at a porosity of 40%, determine the upward gradient required to cause the quick condition (a) Lead shot with a G = 13.75; (b) Fibre beads with G = 2.15; (c) Sand with a G = 2.32809
3. A vane 12.5 cm long, 8.8 cm dia was pressed into a soft clay at the bottom of borehole. Torque was applied and the value at failure was 55 N-m. find the shear strength of the clay on a horizontal plane.801
4. Differentiate between NC and OC soils. Draw curves for (i) Stress vs Strain (ii) Volume charge vs Strain (iii) Pore pressure vs Strain for these soils849
5. Two long boundary walls run parallel to each other at a center to center distance of 1 meter apart. The width and height of the first wall are 0.30 m and 2.5m respectively. While those of the second are respectively 0.18m and 3.5m. Plot the distribution of vertical stress intensity due to walls on a horizontal plane, 1m below ground level. The walls have negligible depth of foundation and are made of brick masonry (y = 19.2 kN/m cu)832
how much thickness of roof truss?1 2676
1.what is the main responsibilites of Site Engineer ? and what are main attitude ?3 5270
What is the Systematic Responsibility Site Engineer? Who are the above and under co-oridinating ? What is office & Site co-ordination of Site Engineer?853
What is the Requirements of indoor & outdoor Substation Construction? What is the main Safty Requirements for SubStation Construction?1 1484
WHAT IS FLOOR AREA RATIO? Y IS IT NECESSARY? HOW TO CALCULATE IT?1 3806
how to identify different types of soils in field?2 4026
I need to plaster an area of 1500 square meter. how much quantity of cement and sand need for this.?5 19783
How do you calculate load bearing capacity of a waffle slab?
For submitting the project loan for bank Residential bldg,Suppose we take Provinding RCC mix 1:2:4 for footings No of footings,length ,Breadth,Height ,qty in cum, at last unit/Rate(Rs) ,i would like to know how do we get the unit/Rate
what is conrete grade ,how are depent on concrete grad and size of concrete?
WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT SALARY
material used for mendrel use to bend epoxy coated rebar
what is 20 mm dia equivalent reinforcement in column with 25 mm dia 3nos and 32 mm dia 3 nos?
why & what is perchatage we are using fly ash in concrete?
quantity of sand and cement for 10m2 plastering 10mm thick for the ratio of 1:4,1:3and its leabour data
what is the mix design for M:60 with micro silica andmetakaoline?
types of laps in column
how to reduce size of column 450 x 750 to 230 x.... if it is cut in area of bathroom? means it appears in bathroon any shifting or any other option....building is g + 10 and the bathroom is at first floor...
Critical Path Method is...
Design a cantilever slab to carry a live load of 2000 N/m2. The overhang of the slab is 1.20m. b) A slab over a room is 4.75m x 4.75m. The edges of the slab are simply supported and the corners are not held down. The live load an the slab is 300 Kg/m2. The slab has a bearing of 15cm. On the supporting walls. Design the slab as per Rankine - Grashoff theory. Assume weight of R.C.C. = 2400 Kg/m2.
give me the rate analysis for Bituminous Macadam and SDBC
What the advantages and disadvantage of using 90mm and 100mm bricks for a wall of a house? Thanks for any input.