For the symmetrical continuous beam shown in figure, Prestressed with a force P = 1500 KN along parabolic curve as shown, compute the extreme fiber stresses over the central support for the uniformly distributed load of 24 kn/m. Use load balancing method.834
1. 1. The mass of a chunk of moist soil is 34 Kg and its volume is 0.012 cu. Meter. After drying in an oven, the mass reduces to 14.25 Kg. Determine the water content, the density of moist soil, the dry density, void ratio, porosity and degree of saturation. Take G = 3.25827
2. In a container filled with each of the following materials, at a porosity of 40%, determine the upward gradient required to cause the quick condition (a) Lead shot with a G = 13.75; (b) Fibre beads with G = 2.15; (c) Sand with a G = 2.32712
3. A vane 12.5 cm long, 8.8 cm dia was pressed into a soft clay at the bottom of borehole. Torque was applied and the value at failure was 55 N-m. find the shear strength of the clay on a horizontal plane.710
4. Differentiate between NC and OC soils. Draw curves for (i) Stress vs Strain (ii) Volume charge vs Strain (iii) Pore pressure vs Strain for these soils754
5. Two long boundary walls run parallel to each other at a center to center distance of 1 meter apart. The width and height of the first wall are 0.30 m and 2.5m respectively. While those of the second are respectively 0.18m and 3.5m. Plot the distribution of vertical stress intensity due to walls on a horizontal plane, 1m below ground level. The walls have negligible depth of foundation and are made of brick masonry (y = 19.2 kN/m cu)720
how much thickness of roof truss?1 2540
1.what is the main responsibilites of Site Engineer ? and what are main attitude ?3 5020
What is the Systematic Responsibility Site Engineer? Who are the above and under co-oridinating ? What is office & Site co-ordination of Site Engineer?757
What is the Requirements of indoor & outdoor Substation Construction? What is the main Safty Requirements for SubStation Construction?1 1355
WHAT IS FLOOR AREA RATIO? Y IS IT NECESSARY? HOW TO CALCULATE IT?1 3624
how to identify different types of soils in field?2 3884
I need to plaster an area of 1500 square meter. how much quantity of cement and sand need for this.?5 19245
What do you mean by bond? What are the different types of bonds?
Slump Values for works?
load combinations how many types for staad design purpose?
How will be cutting in timber plate size 600*400 column size
how to stop beam concrete between column
what is the max. area can we apply the plate load test ?
do we decide reinforcement steel , based on bending moment ? give example with continous slab?
why steel tanks are provided (a) for water pressure (b) for wind pressure (c) for earthquake pressure
calculate the quantity of water for 1:6 cement mortar
How to find permissible diagonal tensile stress in reinforced brick work
What is the maximum strength of cub compress strength in one cub testing
What is the standard unit weight of Cast Iron pipe of 200MM Dia.(pipe specification is IS1538)
what is pile and deam foundation
how much need cement bags for block work of wall approx 1000 hollow blocks 20x20x40cm
How to Calculate Materials Required for PCC 1:4:8 for 1Cum & Brickwork 1:4 for 1Cum & Plastering 1:4 (15mm Thick) for 100Sqm & RCC 1:4:8 & 2mt ( L1=1mt & L2=1mt ) length of 12mm Steel bended in 90degrees what is the formula to calculate Weight & Actual Length ?