For the symmetrical continuous beam shown in figure, Prestressed with a force P = 1500 KN along parabolic curve as shown, compute the extreme fiber stresses over the central support for the uniformly distributed load of 24 kn/m. Use load balancing method.1320
1. 1. The mass of a chunk of moist soil is 34 Kg and its volume is 0.012 cu. Meter. After drying in an oven, the mass reduces to 14.25 Kg. Determine the water content, the density of moist soil, the dry density, void ratio, porosity and degree of saturation. Take G = 3.251652
2. In a container filled with each of the following materials, at a porosity of 40%, determine the upward gradient required to cause the quick condition (a) Lead shot with a G = 13.75; (b) Fibre beads with G = 2.15; (c) Sand with a G = 2.321258
3. A vane 12.5 cm long, 8.8 cm dia was pressed into a soft clay at the bottom of borehole. Torque was applied and the value at failure was 55 N-m. find the shear strength of the clay on a horizontal plane.1252
4. Differentiate between NC and OC soils. Draw curves for (i) Stress vs Strain (ii) Volume charge vs Strain (iii) Pore pressure vs Strain for these soils1442
5. Two long boundary walls run parallel to each other at a center to center distance of 1 meter apart. The width and height of the first wall are 0.30 m and 2.5m respectively. While those of the second are respectively 0.18m and 3.5m. Plot the distribution of vertical stress intensity due to walls on a horizontal plane, 1m below ground level. The walls have negligible depth of foundation and are made of brick masonry (y = 19.2 kN/m cu)1304
how much thickness of roof truss?1 3252
1.what is the main responsibilites of Site Engineer ? and what are main attitude ?3 6100
What is the Systematic Responsibility Site Engineer? Who are the above and under co-oridinating ? What is office & Site co-ordination of Site Engineer?1278
What is the Requirements of indoor & outdoor Substation Construction? What is the main Safty Requirements for SubStation Construction?1 2086
WHAT IS FLOOR AREA RATIO? Y IS IT NECESSARY? HOW TO CALCULATE IT?1 4488
how to identify different types of soils in field?2 4758
I need to plaster an area of 1500 square meter. how much quantity of cement and sand need for this.?5 21717
Why nautical mile is different from statute mile?
What is the meaning of a blue land surveyors flag?
1:4:8 pcc calculation 591 cu.ft
how to determine the correctness of proportion used in cement mortor and various IS codes to determine the same?
how to calculate cost of raw materials of a building for 1000 sqft & also consolidated cost of labour in a 1000 sqft building
1. For 10sq.m area(47 kg bitumen contain) of 45 mm thick bitumen mix layer..how much bitumen is required for 1600 sq.m and how much aggregate need for that ?? 2. And much tonnage of bitumen mix required for 10 sq.m area of 45 mm thick. Please give answer...
why we are using stub column..? is it possible to construct steel stub column..?
How to hide dimensions in autocad?
Requirement of cement, and steel 1:2:4 ratio concrete in 1128 Sqft area(Cement No of bags, steel in Kgs)
why is the column design?
how clculate excavated or backfilling quantity by simpson's rule
What is thumb rule for deep trench excavation
hoe much fine & sourse agregate required for concrete mix of 1: 1.5:3 by volume in Cu.Ft
how to nfind out the specific gravity of sand.aggregate,water please help...
What is the compressive strength of fly ash bricks?