For the symmetrical continuous beam shown in figure, Prestressed with a force P = 1500 KN along parabolic curve as shown, compute the extreme fiber stresses over the central support for the uniformly distributed load of 24 kn/m. Use load balancing method.886
1. 1. The mass of a chunk of moist soil is 34 Kg and its volume is 0.012 cu. Meter. After drying in an oven, the mass reduces to 14.25 Kg. Determine the water content, the density of moist soil, the dry density, void ratio, porosity and degree of saturation. Take G = 3.25918
2. In a container filled with each of the following materials, at a porosity of 40%, determine the upward gradient required to cause the quick condition (a) Lead shot with a G = 13.75; (b) Fibre beads with G = 2.15; (c) Sand with a G = 2.32783
3. A vane 12.5 cm long, 8.8 cm dia was pressed into a soft clay at the bottom of borehole. Torque was applied and the value at failure was 55 N-m. find the shear strength of the clay on a horizontal plane.771
4. Differentiate between NC and OC soils. Draw curves for (i) Stress vs Strain (ii) Volume charge vs Strain (iii) Pore pressure vs Strain for these soils822
5. Two long boundary walls run parallel to each other at a center to center distance of 1 meter apart. The width and height of the first wall are 0.30 m and 2.5m respectively. While those of the second are respectively 0.18m and 3.5m. Plot the distribution of vertical stress intensity due to walls on a horizontal plane, 1m below ground level. The walls have negligible depth of foundation and are made of brick masonry (y = 19.2 kN/m cu)758
how much thickness of roof truss?1 2632
1.what is the main responsibilites of Site Engineer ? and what are main attitude ?3 5204
What is the Systematic Responsibility Site Engineer? Who are the above and under co-oridinating ? What is office & Site co-ordination of Site Engineer?821
What is the Requirements of indoor & outdoor Substation Construction? What is the main Safty Requirements for SubStation Construction?1 1454
WHAT IS FLOOR AREA RATIO? Y IS IT NECESSARY? HOW TO CALCULATE IT?1 3758
how to identify different types of soils in field?2 3989
I need to plaster an area of 1500 square meter. how much quantity of cement and sand need for this.?5 19633
how to prepare site mix design
show answer/calculate mix 1:2:4 ratio -cement-sand -metal-water
how much quantity of cement,sand and water required for 1 sq feet flooring work .
How to avoid fly ash seed ball formations in the concrete mixer while mixing of raw materials for fly ash block manufacturing?
I have a slab of 20cm thickness of 20m by 4m in wich we are installing 15 tons electric panels , and we have put 4 H-shaped columns under the slab but we have done many cores in the slab which seems very normal , can you help me by telling me how to calculate the bearing capacity of the slab or give me an idea if i should increase more columns Note: load distribution area 12*1.5 m2
Dear Frds, How can i calculate the Steel for RCC Slab, Please provide one Example also, so that i can understand very well. Ex: Area: 1320.0 Sft.(44' X 30') Span: 15'(Default). Column Size: 9"X15"(6 No.s 12mm Rods) Please Provide Calculation Details. Thankyou. Satish
Can we use the flyash bricks in brick bat coba?
why we can use dust in concrete insted of fly ash
how will calculate 4"thick solid block quantities 1m3 sand cement ratio and breack up detail
How to find out slope footing concrete
how to take concrete quantity for precast segment for viaduct project?
How to get MEP technical,instaaltion & testing data for interview?
yasser arfatcompleted his degree in civil from which university
Curing time for 1)R.C.C slab 2)B.W 3)Plastering
to draw bm diagrams for portal frames under different loadings//