For the symmetrical continuous beam shown in figure, Prestressed with a force P = 1500 KN along parabolic curve as shown, compute the extreme fiber stresses over the central support for the uniformly distributed load of 24 kn/m. Use load balancing method.947
1. 1. The mass of a chunk of moist soil is 34 Kg and its volume is 0.012 cu. Meter. After drying in an oven, the mass reduces to 14.25 Kg. Determine the water content, the density of moist soil, the dry density, void ratio, porosity and degree of saturation. Take G = 3.251048
2. In a container filled with each of the following materials, at a porosity of 40%, determine the upward gradient required to cause the quick condition (a) Lead shot with a G = 13.75; (b) Fibre beads with G = 2.15; (c) Sand with a G = 2.32854
3. A vane 12.5 cm long, 8.8 cm dia was pressed into a soft clay at the bottom of borehole. Torque was applied and the value at failure was 55 N-m. find the shear strength of the clay on a horizontal plane.841
4. Differentiate between NC and OC soils. Draw curves for (i) Stress vs Strain (ii) Volume charge vs Strain (iii) Pore pressure vs Strain for these soils902
5. Two long boundary walls run parallel to each other at a center to center distance of 1 meter apart. The width and height of the first wall are 0.30 m and 2.5m respectively. While those of the second are respectively 0.18m and 3.5m. Plot the distribution of vertical stress intensity due to walls on a horizontal plane, 1m below ground level. The walls have negligible depth of foundation and are made of brick masonry (y = 19.2 kN/m cu)892
how much thickness of roof truss?1 2740
1.what is the main responsibilites of Site Engineer ? and what are main attitude ?3 5352
What is the Systematic Responsibility Site Engineer? Who are the above and under co-oridinating ? What is office & Site co-ordination of Site Engineer?893
What is the Requirements of indoor & outdoor Substation Construction? What is the main Safty Requirements for SubStation Construction?1 1532
WHAT IS FLOOR AREA RATIO? Y IS IT NECESSARY? HOW TO CALCULATE IT?1 3896
how to identify different types of soils in field?2 4095
I need to plaster an area of 1500 square meter. how much quantity of cement and sand need for this.?5 20016
what is the use if we fixed butterfly ties in column and masonry work joint?....where we have to fix(distance)..
How to find weight of steel in kg if we know the area which is in m2? Following details are known to us, Area=125m² thk of slab=250mm Steel details:T12@200 PS:considering mesh top and bottom with X and Y direction
what"s the sort of beams?
How to calculate the force on a column of three story building. What should be the base concrete height?.
how to estimate material requirement for an area of house in square feet?
Formula for calculation volume of essentric footing
what is the soil bearing capacity for a 5 floor multistorey residential building and which type of soil ? what is plinth beam? in wall load calculation center to center column distance is considered or not/
what are the duties of Site Engineer in work site?
define the strength
how to calculate quantity of cement,sand & aggregate for u.c.r / r.r masonry in cm 1:6
PL.tell me about civil engineering questions with answer
Rate analysis for construction of a solid block masonary of size 400x200x200 in C.M.1:5 in superstructure .Compressive strength 5.00 N/Sq.mm Confirming to IS: 12894:1990, with necessary scaffolding, raking of joints and pointing the same. I require rate per Cum.
reinforcement slab, beam and column formulas?
what is civil all interview questions
what happening if we casting HV shunt reactor foundation pad at 50cm height different time (One day difference)