Topic :: Quantum

Quantum Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

QUANTUM CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL ENGINEERING - EXAMPLE 31.6 : In N + 1 Rule in Quantum Chemistry, whenever a spin 1 / 2 nucleus is adjacent to N other nuclei, it is split into N + 1 distinct peaks. In 1 peak or singlet, there is only 1 magnitude. In 2 peaks or doublet, the ratio of magnitude of each peak is 1 : 1. In 3 peaks or triplet, the ratio of magnitude of each peak is 1 : 2 : 1. In 4 peaks or quartet, the ratio of magnitude of each peak is 1 : 3 : 3 : 1. In 5 peaks or quintet, the ratio of magnitude of each peak is 1 : 4 : 6 : 4 : 1. (a) By using binomial coefficients or Triangle of Pascal find the ratio of magnitude of each peak if 6 peaks exists. (b) How many adjacent nuclei are available in a spin 1 / 2 nucleus in such situation of 6 peaks?

1 1475

QUANTUM CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL ENGINEERING - EXAMPLE 31.7 : (a) The correct statement about both the average value of position () and momentum (

) of a 1-dimensional harmonic oscillator wavefunction is =

= 1 - x. Find the value of x. (b) The probabilities of finding a particle around points A, B and C in the wavefunction y = f(x) are P(A), P(B) and P(C) respectively. Coordinates are A (3,5), B (4,-10) and C (6,7). Arrange P(A), P(B) and P(C) in term of a < b < c, when | y-coordinate | signifies the probability.

1 1899

QUANTUM CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL ENGINEERING - EXAMPLE 31.8 : (a) Acceptable wavefunction in quantum mechanics in the range of : negative infinity < x < positive infinity, vanishes at least at one boundary. Which of the following is the wavefunction or are the wavefunctions of acceptable theory : P = x, P = | x |, P = sin x, P = exp (-x), P = exp (-| x |)? State the reason. (b) Let linear momentum operator P = -ih d / dz. The wavefunction is S = exp (-ikz) where i x i = -1, k and h are constants. Find the linear momentum of such wavefunction by using the term P x S.

1 1616

Question 112 - In quantum computing, let the amplitude A = a | 0 > + b | 1 >, | a | | a | + | b | | b | = 1. Find the values of b if A = 0.8 | 0 > + b | 1 >.

1 1571

QUANTUM CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL ENGINEERING - EXAMPLE 31.9 : When an algebraic product is defined on the space, the Lie bracket is the commutator [x,y] = xy - yx according to Lie algebra in mathematics. If [p,x] f(x) = px f(x) - xp f(x), p = -ih d / dx, find the value of [p,x] in term of i and h.

1 1826

QUANTUM CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL ENGINEERING - EXAMPLE 31.10 : There are 6 spin orbitals in p subshell in a ground state carbon atom. Only 2 electrons fill the p subshell. Number of different ways for n electrons to occupy the k spin orbitals are k! / [ (n!) (k-n)! ]. Find the number of different configurations of electrons to occupy the p subshell in a carbon atom.

1 1452

QUANTUM COMPUTING - EXAMPLE 32.1 : In quantum computing, let the amplitude A = a | 0 > + b | 1 >, | a | | a | + | b | | b | = 1. Find the values of b if A = 0.8 | 0 > + b | 1 >.

1 1564

QUANTUM COMPUTING - EXAMPLE 32.2 : (a) If | 001 > = | 1 >, | 111 > = | 7 >, find the 2 possible values of ( | 001 > + | 1 > + | 7 > ) ( | 111 > ). (b) In quantum money, a duplicate will have probability P of passing the verification test of a bank, if the total number of photons on the bank note is N. The would be counterfeiter has a probability p of success in duplicating the quantum money correctly for each photon. Guess the relationship of P, p and N as a mathematical formula involving natural logarithm ln.

1 1451

QUANTUM COMPUTING - EXAMPLE 32.3 : A system of linear congruences consists of 3 equations : X ≡ 1 (mod 3), X ≡ 3 (mod 5), X ≡ 4 (mod 6). X has positive values. (a) List the values of these equations from 1 to 35. Then find the minimum value of X. (b)(i) Find the least common multiple (LCM) of b = 3, 5 and 6 where X ≡ a (mod b). (ii) If b - a has the same value of all equations above, then X + (b - a) is divisible by LCM. Find the value of minimum value of X via LCM division.

1 1523

QUANTUM COMPUTING - EXAMPLE 32.4 : A system of linear congruences consists of 3 equations : X ≡ 1 (mod 2), X ≡ 3 (mod 3), X ≡ 4 (mod 5). X has positive values. (a)(i) List the values of these equations from 1 to approximately 40. (ii) Find the first smallest value and second smallest value of X. (iii) Guess the third smallest value of X. (b) Let X ≡ Aa (mod Ma), X ≡ Ab (mod Mb), X ≡ Ac (mod Mc). According to Chinese remainder theorem, X ≡ (Aa x Ya x Md + Ab x Yb x Me + Ac x Yc x Mf) [ mod (Ma x Mb x Mc) ]. (i) Show that Ma, Mb and Mc have the greatest common divisor of Ma x Mb x Mc. (ii) Find the values of Md, Me and Mf if Md = Mb x Mc, Me = Ma x Mc and Mf = Ma x Mb. (iii) Find the values of Ya, Yb and Yc if Ya = Remainder of (Md / Ma), Yb = Remainder of (Me / Mb) and Yc = Remainder of (Mf / Mc). (iv) Use Chinese remainder theorem to find X.

1 1595

QUANTUM COMPUTING - EXAMPLE 32.5 : In quantum teleportation, let (C0 + D1) (00 + 11) = C000 + C011 + D100 + D111. Ba = 00 + 11, Bc = 10 + 01, Be = 00 - 11, Bm = 10 - 01. (a) Find the values of 00, 01, 10 and 11 in term of Ba, Bc, Be and Bm. (b) Prove by calculation that (C0 + D1) (00 + 11) = 0.5 [ Ba (C0 + D1) + Bc (C1 + D0) + Be (C0 - D1) + Bm (-C1 + D0) ].

1 1854

QUANTUM COMPUTING - EXAMPLE 32.6 : (a) Let H | 0 > = 0.707 ( | 0 > + | 1 > ), H | 1 > = 0.707 ( | 0 > - | 1 > ). Find the values for H | 0 > + H | 1 > and H | 0 > - H | 1 >. (b) In quantum computing, a qubyte is a quantum byte, or 8 quantum bits, a sequence processed as a unit. A qubit is a quantum bit. According to Alexander Holevo in his theorem, n qubits cannot carry more than n classical bits of information. What is the maximum amount of classical bits of information that can be carried by 1 qubyte.

1 1594

QUANTUM COMPUTING - EXAMPLE 32.7 : If | ± > = 0.707 ( | 0 > ± | 1 > ), prove that | Ψ (t = 0) > = | 0 > = 0.707 ( | + > + | - > ).

1 1614

QUANTUM COMPUTING - EXAMPLE 32.8 : In quantum computing, a quantum state is given by S = a | 00 > + b | 01 > + g | 10 > + d | 11 >. (a) Find S in term of | 0 > and | 1 > etc. (b) The probability of getting x is P(x). For S = 0.5 | 00 > + 0.5 | 01 > + 0.5 | 10 > + 0.5 | 11 >, find P(0) and P(1). Hint : P(00) + P(01) = P(0) = a x a + b x b, P(10) + P(11) = P(1) = g x g + d x d.

1 1525

QUANTUM COMPUTING - EXAMPLE 32.9 : In quantum computing, find the equations of S = (a | 0 > + b | 1 >) (g | 0 > + d | 1 >) in term of | 00 >, | 01 >, | 10 > and / or | 11 > when ad = 0.

1 1421

Un-Answered Questions { Quantum }

How can we use quantum properties in cryptography ?

Measurements of a certain system have shown that the average process runs for a time T before blocking on I/O. A process switch requires a time S, which is effectively wasted (overhead). The CPU’s efficiency is the fraction of its time its spends executing user programs, i.e., executing user processes. For round robin scheduling with quantum Q, give a formula for the CPU efficiency for each of the following: (a) Q = ∞ (b) Q > S + T (c) S

what is the significance of the hrmite and polynomial polynomials in quantum phyics.

Write a program to implement a round robin scheduler and calculate the average waiting time.Arrival time, burst time, time quantum, and no. of processes should be the inputs.

What advantage is there in having different time-quantum sizes on different levels of a multilevel queuing system?

What is the quantum cryptography?

Whar are the different parts of the x-ray radiation intensity graph? : quantum physics

Explain the different parts of the x-ray radiation intensity graph? : quantum physics

What are the 4 results of the photoelectric effect experiments? : quantum physics

Explain the difference between emission and absorption line spectra. : quantum physics

What is meant by energy spectrum of a black body? : quantum physics

Explain planck’s hypothesis? : quantum physics

Explain qualitatively the phenomenon of quantum tunneling of an electron across a potential barrier? : quantum physics

What is the essence of quantum physics? What makes it so different from classical physics? : quantum physics

What are the characteristics of black body? : quantum physics