Topic :: Chromatography

Chromatography Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

what is the diference between spectroscopy and chromatography

Cipla, PharmChem, Reliance,

2 9924

What are the parameters for the method development of Gas Chromatography and GC-HS? 

2 4767

What is the difference between purge septum flow and column flow in gas chromatography?

What is column in chromatography?

Chembond Chemicals,

what is different when impergnated silica plates are used in separation of azo dyes using column chromatography?

Which type of column should i use to check the purity of high molecular weight protein using HPLC reverse phase column chromatography? Hi everyone. I wanna to check the purity of high molecular weight protein (collagen) with MW of ~130 kDa using a HPLC. I know C18

Petronas, Shanghai Ocean University,

in gas chromatography what is the difference between gas flow rate and average linear velocity ?

USV,

What is the principle of gas chromatography ?

Admiron Life Sciences, Bicon, MOL,

2 3814

What is difference between FID and TCD in gas chromatography

Cipla, VPCPL,

1 9289

explain 5 components of gas chromatography ?

College School Exams Tests, Nucon,

1 1860

How to determine retention time in Chromatography

Mylan,

2 5067

Question 92 - (a) In order to determine the slurry volume (L) in chromatography, arrange the formula using the following parameters : slurry concentration (%), slurry volume (L), settled chromatography medium volume (L), 100. (b) In order to determine the chromatography medium volume (L) in gel filtration chromatography, arrange the formula using the following parameters : sample volume to be processed (L), chromatography medium volume (L), sample volume in percent of total column volume (%), 100.

1 1696

Question 93 - In thin layer chromatography (TLC), let retention factor Rf = (distance traveled by solute) / (distance traveled by solvent). Silica gel is used as stationary phase which is more polar than the hexane solvent as mobile phase. If the Rf values of 3 solutes A, B and C are 1.5, 0.75 and 1 respectively, compare the polarities of A, B and C with reasons.

1 2190

Question 94 - The resolution of separation, Rs for chromatography is given by the formula Rs = (difference in retention time) / (average width at the base). In a chromatogram, 3 peaks a, b and c are found. Average widths W at the bases of the solutes are : Wa = 20 s, Wb = 40 s, Wc = 30 s. Resolutions of separation, Rs for solutes b and c in comparison to a are 2 and 4 respectively. The differences in retention times T for b and c in comparison to a are (Tb - Ta) and (Tc - Ta), Ta = Tc - Tb : (a) Form 2 equations involving Rs as a function of Wa, Wb, Wc, Ta, Tb and Tc. (b) Find the values of Ta, Tb and Tc.

1 1829

Chromatography

1 1894