1)how to do date validation in rpg?
2)how to delete dUPLICATE RECORDS?

Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback

1)how to do date validation in rpg? 2)how to delete dUPLICATE RECORDS?..

Answer / vilas

factor1 opcode factor2 result eq
key setll pf
reade pf 50
dow *in50=*off
delete rec1
reade pf 50
enddo

Is This Answer Correct ?    0 Yes 3 No

1)how to do date validation in rpg? 2)how to delete dUPLICATE RECORDS?..

Answer / sumathi

For Date validation we can use TEST Opcode
Duplicate records can be deleted using RRN

Is This Answer Correct ?    4 Yes 10 No

Post New Answer

More RPG400 Interview Questions

Whether a module can consists of many procedures or it can consist of subprocedures having a main procedure?If it is possible that it can contain many individual procedures than can we have different name for complete module and how do we call this module in main modul?

3 Answers   Steria,

Why we cannot call a service program? If I add a PEP can i call the service program?

1 Answers   DELL,

please help me answer to this question what is the difference between the binding and srvpgm in ilerpg?

4 Answers   HCL,

What hapens when we use CPYF command to copy a LF? On which PF will it be dependent???

7 Answers   HSBC, Systime,

Suppose we have 10 records with same name and we are reading using READE,after 4 record i have to use CHAIN what is the output

3 Answers  

How to declare the pull button in AS/400..

0 Answers  

If my rpg program has a date field, what extra care I have to take while compiling that rpg program? If the file is keyed and I have declared the file as well as key list properly in my program. Still am getting an error message like "chain/reade operation is not allowed" what may be the case?

0 Answers  

What is the purpose of record level identifier?

0 Answers  

difference betwen keywords and opcodes

3 Answers  

Delete FileName at first statement in RPG.

1 Answers  

How would display prime numbers using CL program?

0 Answers   Hexaware,

RPG/400 number of Records present in a physical file using file information data structure FPF001 IP E DISK F KINFDS INFDS1 IINFDS1 DS I *RECORD RECORD Is this coding correct sir,i have given I P E that is I- input,P-primary file,E-externally described. Primary to use RPG logic cycle,is this the correct method because we have to find number of records present using file information data structure in RPG/400 without doing any input/output operations on the file and also without using DSPFD,SQL. If the above coding is correct means,when i compile the program it gets compiled,but if i call the program it does not return anything,i need number of records,please complete the coding sir.

1 Answers   IBM,

Categories