what are the microsoft six rules for usability?
Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback
Answer / mallikarjun.g
User Interface Testing come under GUI (Graphic User
Interface) testing. GUI is a functional testing.
Six Rules for Microsoft user interface testings are:-
1) Controls should be clear and visible
2) Controls should be aligned properly
3) Controls should not be overlapped
4) Initial letter should be in capital letters
5) Making sure that "Ok" & "Cancel" buttons exists.
6 Making sure that "System Menu" exists.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||6 Yes||1 No|
Answer / magesh varadharajan
1.Controls should be Initcap (i.e. every label should start
with Capital letter )Can observe that in Win applications
every label starts with Caps
2. OK or Cancel button should exist
3. Controls should not be overlapped
4. Controls should be aligned properly (left side alignment
is mandatory but the right side is optional)
5. Controls should be visible
6. Short cut keys should be provided
7. System menu should exist (i.e. if u press Alt key + Space
bar a menu will appear at the left most corner )
8. Mouse pointer events
9.Colors, Label Names, Tab Order, Alignment, graphs ,
Navigation of the software to test in GUI testing.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||1 Yes||1 No|
Answer / vru.babu
hello sirisha mam,
what is the purpose of microsoft 6 rules?
in which testing the rules are applicable?
plz tell me.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||0 Yes||1 No|
1.how you know all test cases are cover in one application? 2.what is difference between error message and warning message ? 3.what are the items comes under traceabily materix?
what is the difference test bed and test environment?
what is meant by system test case
Describe me to the basic elements you put in a defect report?
How we make scripts for unit testing with Nunit.
Can anybody help me by sharing some knowledge on software testing life cycle, how testing process done under UT,IT,ST,PT,UAT.?please explai me briefly regarding this. Best Regards, Keerthana.
What are the differences in testing a client-Server and a web Application
explain bug life cycle
what is the role of test engineer while doing unit and integration testing. unit and integration testing is already done by developers
What is Bug Triage?
How can we tes the performance of the web site?