what are the microsoft six rules for usability?
Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback
Answer / mallikarjun.g
User Interface Testing come under GUI (Graphic User
Interface) testing. GUI is a functional testing.
Six Rules for Microsoft user interface testings are:-
1) Controls should be clear and visible
2) Controls should be aligned properly
3) Controls should not be overlapped
4) Initial letter should be in capital letters
5) Making sure that "Ok" & "Cancel" buttons exists.
6 Making sure that "System Menu" exists.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||6 Yes||1 No|
Answer / magesh varadharajan
1.Controls should be Initcap (i.e. every label should start
with Capital letter )Can observe that in Win applications
every label starts with Caps
2. OK or Cancel button should exist
3. Controls should not be overlapped
4. Controls should be aligned properly (left side alignment
is mandatory but the right side is optional)
5. Controls should be visible
6. Short cut keys should be provided
7. System menu should exist (i.e. if u press Alt key + Space
bar a menu will appear at the left most corner )
8. Mouse pointer events
9.Colors, Label Names, Tab Order, Alignment, graphs ,
Navigation of the software to test in GUI testing.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||1 Yes||1 No|
Answer / vru.babu
hello sirisha mam,
what is the purpose of microsoft 6 rules?
in which testing the rules are applicable?
plz tell me.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||0 Yes||1 No|
If database testing i which way the testing will be done,by just writing the queries or else anything extra we do?if so where write those queries and where will we store those?
Difference between test Plan and test strategy?
what is independent question and what is retriewing and what is problem of severity.
What is the advantage of V-model compared to other models?
comptability testing with ui means,any body can expain me how we perform compatability testing in real time,don;t give definetions
what is the format of traceability matrix?
Expain about V model?
what is your test strategy?
How to do browser testing (creates a standard script and run it for the different browser combinations)
How to validate the Testcases?
What is QCM?
Can any one give an example of having high priority and low seveority