1.What will you do if the VuGen crashes while recording a
2.what will you do if Controller crashes while executing a
Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback
Answer / makesh
• I’m going to jump the gun a bit here, and say that often the quickest way to fix recording issues is to change the “Capture Level”. The three choices offered are; Sockets Level; WinINet Level; or, Both Sockets and WinINet.
By default, Sockets Level should be selected by default. Go ahead and try “WinINet Level”. 9 times of out 10, this will fix the recording issue.
Using either, Sockets or WinINet capture levels, will highly likely result in an identical script; for standard web applications recorded in Internet Explorer.
This “quick fix” is a little deceptive, as it’s no really a fix just a workaround. But it should get you moving forward (most of the time)
• The next step is to ensure you are using the right version of IE. Not every version of IE is compatible with every version of VuGen.
• Disable all non-essential IE toolbars and extensions.
This can be done via the Manage Add-ons option in the Tools menu.
• Disable VuGen thumbnails; In RegEdit, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMercury InteractiveLoadRunnerVugenThumbnails and set the value for GenerateThumbs to 0.
Note, that thumbnail generation commonly causes problems even when IE behaves itself. It’s good to disable it, as thumbnails are rarely needed.
• Clear your TEMP directories. LoadRunner creates a lot of temporary files; make sure you save your scripts and exit all your applications first.
• Disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP). Whist I haven’t seen this cause problems for VuGen in recent years, it’s still a very good troubleshooting step. Information about disabling DEP can be easily found using your favourite internet search engine.
• Disable your Anti-Virus. Anti-Virus software is rarely a good idea on LoadRunner PC; and it can be difficult to disable. Remember to exercise a security mitigation plan when disabling Anti-Virus components.
• Try using a different administrative user account. Sometimes a user profile may become corrupted and not operative correctly.
• Try reinstalling LoadRunner and all respective patches.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||1 Yes||0 No|
Answer / vinod
first of all make sure that the software is good.
while recording if the script fails to record ,just change
the recording level from socket level to WININET
LEVEL,then do the recording again if still problem exists
consult with business experts.
don't know about controller
|Is This Answer Correct ?||1 Yes||7 No|
When you initialize the vuser what happen?
Recognize the debugging tools available in vugen?
Where do you set Iteration for Vuser testing?
Why do you create parameters?
How you edit the script?
where do u use manual scenario and Goal oriened scenario ?
Suppose you are not using Web server (But using Application Server and DB server). Then what are the graphs available in LoadRunner?
What is Rendezvous point? When u apply this?
what all the bottle necks can occur in real time, can any one tell me what all u have faced, thanks in advance
What are the 5 icons appear in the buttom of the controller windows?
I have observed a scanrio executed/elapsed time in 16 seconds and succeded, when I set the duraion to 'Run Until Completion'. Same scanrio is failed/Gradually exited/stopped, when I set the time duration for 20 seconds (after the Ramp up has been completed). Why it is haapedned. Can anybody tell me the answer and solution also. Thanks in advance.
How often you do the load test in your current project?