Topic :: Shell Script

Shell Script Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

Write a shell script to looking at the log file to see if the test has passed or not

TCS,

2 6507

Why we are writting shell scripts? Plz if possible explain it briefly.

ITC Infotech,

6 10797

Can any1 tell me what is the use of Shell Scripting on Manual Testing ?

Subex,

3 12106

how do you integrate Perl or shell automation scripts in TD?

How can I Debug a shell scripts and Perl scripting?? or How do you debug a shell scripting and perl scripting ( at the compile time error or run time error) in Unix environment ?

4 6389

how can you execute the shell scripts?

4 6271

how do you write sql queries using shell script for eg:- we have databae table like EMPNO,ENAME,SAL,DEPTNO columns in EMP table how you display EMPNO,SAL FIELDS from emp in SHELL SCRIPT please explain with an example

4 23296

what is the meaning of First line of shell script ,what is meaning of #! pleas explain brifly

4 15091

write a shell script that counts a number of unique word contained in the file and print them in alphabetical order line by line?

IBM, Wipro,

6 15484

How can we use the "CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")" in QTP and what is the definition and purpose of it?

2 35949

Write a shell script in Linux to shift all characters in a file forward by five characters. (Thus “a” becomes “f’”).

Ignou, Tripura Info,

2 7516

Provide an example of a shell script which logs into SQLPLUS as SYS, determines the current date, changes the date format to include minutes & seconds, issues a drop table command, displays the date again, and finally exits.

what is difference between $@ and $* in UNIX Shell script

Google,

3 25954

write a shell script to check whether all the directories in the path exist has read and write permission

1 4276

write a shell script that accepts name from user and creates a directory by the path name, then creates a text file in that directory and stores in it, the data accepted from user till STOP, displays the no. of characters stored in the file.Program stops if directory name is null

1 5829

Un-Answered Questions { Shell Script }

What are the three main forms of enabling debugging in a shell script?

Can any1 tell me suppose u r doing manual testing on unix platform with Shell Script, then how it is done? How u r implementing it & what is the use of Shell scripting on Manual Testing?

Can any1 tell me suppose u r doing manual testing on unix platform with Shell Script, then how it is done? How u r implementing it & what is the use of Shell scripting on Manual Testing? plzzzzzzz i need ur help.

1.Qtp suppots Unix& linx or not 2why qtp suppots shell script.

Hello all, This is my assignment on shell scripting, can anyone help me regarding this ? Create a shell script which connects to the database In second shell script include the first script for the DB connection Create a table (PRADEEP_DATA) with 2 columns (name, value) In Third shell script include the first script for the DB connection And insert/delete the values from the Table, by accepting input from the user This functionality should be a menu driven Program: 1) Insert to the database a. Name b. value 2)Delete from the database a.Name b.value Exception handling needs to be taken care.

Provide an example of a shell script which logs into SQLPLUS as SYS, determines the current date, changes the date format to include minutes & seconds, issues a drop table command, displays the date again, and finally exits.

Write a shell script to delete all files present in a directory “dir1”. Any error, if it occurs while carrying out this operation should be stored in a file errorlog

Shifting positional parameter in Linux fedora core ? Hi I have written following shell script for display value of positional. But in 11th and 12 field will display without shifting command. May I know is it advance of Linux of programming code error? #!/usr/bin/bash echo "Bellow is the out of ps command" echo "`ps`" echo "The passing Parameter i.e output of \$1,2... value is:==> $11 " echo "Total number of passed argument \$# is:==> $#" echo "Passed argument names (\$*) are:==>$*" echo "This script PID(\$$) is :=>$$" echo "The name of executing script(\$0) is :==>$0" echo "The Parent ID of this script(\$PPID) is:==>$PPID" And my input to this script is ./scriptname arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4 arg5 arg6 arg7 arg8 arg9 arg10 arg11 arg12 Output Is Bellow is the out of ps command PID TTY TIME CMD 2892 pts/0 00:00:00 bash 3172 pts/0 00:00:00 positional_para 3173 pts/0 00:00:00 ps The passing Parameter i.e output of $1,2... value is:==> arg11 Total number of passed argument $# is:==> 13 Passed argument names ($*) are:==>arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4 arg5 arg6 arg7 arg8 arg9 arg10 arg11 arg12 arg13 This script PID($$) is :=>3172 The name of executing script($0) is :==>./positional_parameter The Parent ID of this script($PPID) is:==>2892 After the ps output please see the next line I.e $11 value comes out without shifting the parameter. How is it give me my friends

I am new to Unix and Unix Shell scripting could you guide me on how to go about these subjects and where to start from with concern to Oracle?. I also would like to know where does UNIX shell Scripting help in terms of development of a application in Oracle? I have no clue in the subject so do help me. Thank You Neelima

why we are using shift key in unix shell script

how to print the 2-d, 3-d arrays in unix shell script programs please answer thi questio to my mail venusaikumar@gmail.com

how to print the matrix form of 2-d, 3-d arrays in unix c shell scripts ?

write a shell script to emulate the Id command of PRIMOS which lists files and directories. It list files first with a header FILES and then directories with a header DIRECTORIES. This command has several options. The main ones are. -file select files only -dir select directories only -reverse sort in reverse order -no_header put no header on the output -brief output the header only -size display the size of each file -help display Id´s syntax and options.

write a shell script to generate a alert ? like when ur birthday came then generate a alert ur birthday is today like that ?