Topic :: Shell Script

Shell Script Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

What is VB ShellScripting?

Wipro,

1 4499

what is this line in the shell script do ?#!/bin/ksh

5 12756

write a shell script to identify the given string is palindrome or not?

CTS, HP, IBM, InfoEst, Wipro,

17 97457

When you login to a c shell, which script would be run first?

2 5173

Write a small dc shell script to find number of FF in the design

How to include comments in your shell scripts?

3 6080

What is "test"? How it is used in shell scripting?

2 5327

How to declare functions in unix shell script?

4 29993

Create a bash shell script that removes all files whose names end with a "~" from your home directory and subdirectories. Name this script "cleanup.sh"

6 12763

Create a bash shell script to sort and then uniq the file from the command line & store it to a new file and output the results to the screen. Name this script "sortAndUniq.sh"

5 9556

In shell scripting if text is surrounded by single quotes what does it denotes?

3 7391

How to group the commands in shell scripting?

Polaris,

2 9851

What is the use of script interpreter in shell scripting?

3 6202

How do u call shellscript/Batch file from DS?

HP,

4 24803

How will you execute a java program inside a kornshell script?

HP,

1 5083

Un-Answered Questions { Shell Script }

What are the three main forms of enabling debugging in a shell script?

Can any1 tell me suppose u r doing manual testing on unix platform with Shell Script, then how it is done? How u r implementing it & what is the use of Shell scripting on Manual Testing?

Can any1 tell me suppose u r doing manual testing on unix platform with Shell Script, then how it is done? How u r implementing it & what is the use of Shell scripting on Manual Testing? plzzzzzzz i need ur help.

1.Qtp suppots Unix& linx or not 2why qtp suppots shell script.

Hello all, This is my assignment on shell scripting, can anyone help me regarding this ? Create a shell script which connects to the database In second shell script include the first script for the DB connection Create a table (PRADEEP_DATA) with 2 columns (name, value) In Third shell script include the first script for the DB connection And insert/delete the values from the Table, by accepting input from the user This functionality should be a menu driven Program: 1) Insert to the database a. Name b. value 2)Delete from the database a.Name b.value Exception handling needs to be taken care.

Provide an example of a shell script which logs into SQLPLUS as SYS, determines the current date, changes the date format to include minutes & seconds, issues a drop table command, displays the date again, and finally exits.

Provide an example of a shell script which logs into SQLPLUS as SYS, determines the current date, changes the date format to include minutes & seconds, issues a drop table command, displays the date again, and finally exits.

Write a shell script to delete all files present in a directory “dir1”. Any error, if it occurs while carrying out this operation should be stored in a file errorlog

Shifting positional parameter in Linux fedora core ? Hi I have written following shell script for display value of positional. But in 11th and 12 field will display without shifting command. May I know is it advance of Linux of programming code error? #!/usr/bin/bash echo "Bellow is the out of ps command" echo "`ps`" echo "The passing Parameter i.e output of \$1,2... value is:==> $11 " echo "Total number of passed argument \$# is:==> $#" echo "Passed argument names (\$*) are:==>$*" echo "This script PID(\$$) is :=>$$" echo "The name of executing script(\$0) is :==>$0" echo "The Parent ID of this script(\$PPID) is:==>$PPID" And my input to this script is ./scriptname arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4 arg5 arg6 arg7 arg8 arg9 arg10 arg11 arg12 Output Is Bellow is the out of ps command PID TTY TIME CMD 2892 pts/0 00:00:00 bash 3172 pts/0 00:00:00 positional_para 3173 pts/0 00:00:00 ps The passing Parameter i.e output of $1,2... value is:==> arg11 Total number of passed argument $# is:==> 13 Passed argument names ($*) are:==>arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4 arg5 arg6 arg7 arg8 arg9 arg10 arg11 arg12 arg13 This script PID($$) is :=>3172 The name of executing script($0) is :==>./positional_parameter The Parent ID of this script($PPID) is:==>2892 After the ps output please see the next line I.e $11 value comes out without shifting the parameter. How is it give me my friends

I am new to Unix and Unix Shell scripting could you guide me on how to go about these subjects and where to start from with concern to Oracle?. I also would like to know where does UNIX shell Scripting help in terms of development of a application in Oracle? I have no clue in the subject so do help me. Thank You Neelima

why we are using shift key in unix shell script

how to print the 2-d, 3-d arrays in unix shell script programs please answer thi questio to my mail venusaikumar@gmail.com

how to print the matrix form of 2-d, 3-d arrays in unix c shell scripts ?

write a shell script to emulate the Id command of PRIMOS which lists files and directories. It list files first with a header FILES and then directories with a header DIRECTORIES. This command has several options. The main ones are. -file select files only -dir select directories only -reverse sort in reverse order -no_header put no header on the output -brief output the header only -size display the size of each file -help display Id´s syntax and options.

write a shell script to generate a alert ? like when ur birthday came then generate a alert ur birthday is today like that ?