Topic :: Informatica

Informatica Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

How many repositories can we create in Informatica?

Informatica,

14 24431

Where is the cache stored in informatica?

Infosys, Satyam,

5 35769

How to import oracle sequence into Informatica?

Satyam,

3 15571

what are the enhancements made to Informatica 7.1.1 version when compared to 6.2.2 version?

1 4185

In which circumstances that informatica server creates Reject files?

2 9222

When the informatica server marks that a batch is failed?

1 5132

Define informatica repository?

Wipro,

2 11017

What are the out put files that the informatica server creates during the session running?

2 6873

Comment on significance of oracle 9i in informatica when compared to oracle 8 or 8i?

1 4174

what is the difference between Informatica 7.1 and Abinitio?

TCS,

1 8577

Explain the flow of data in Iinformatica?

1 9097

What are the new features of informatica 7.1?

2 6431

Name 4 output files that informatica server creates during session running?

1 12801

can we generate reports in informatica ? How?

3 20440

What are the two modes of datamovement in informatica sever?

2 5946

Related Topics

Un-Answered Questions { Informatica }

how can one transfer LOB and user defined data from oracle to warehouse using ETL informaticabecause

Hi , any one can help me on the same,this is regarding the Informatica Function doc,i want to know how developer is will develop the mapping. pl forwar the any function doc .just for my references. svlc75@yahoo.co.in

Informatica server and client are in different machines. You run the session from the server manager by specifying the source and target databases. It displays error . You are confident that everything is correct. Then why it is displaying the error?

How can you use an Oracle sequences in Informatica ? You have an Informatica sequence generator transformation also. which one is better to use?

how do u implement configuration management in Informatica?

can be used COM component in Informatica ?

two sources S1,S2 containing measures M1,M2,M3, 4 dimensions D1,D2,D3,D4, 1 Fact F1 containing measures M1,M2,M3 and surrogate keys K1,K2,K3,K4 (a) write a sql statement to populate Fact table F1 (b) Design a mapping in Informatica for loading of fact table F1.

how do u handle performance issues in Informatica . where can u monitor the performance ?

list and discuss two approaches for updation of target table in Informatica and how they are different.

can Informatica be used as a cleansing tool? If yes, give examples of transformations that can implement a data cleansing routine.

how do u estimate the depth of the session scheduling queue? Where do u set the number of maximum concurrent sessions that Informatica can run at a given time?

Assume u have a 24CPU machine with 24GB RAM, suggest how u would like to configure Informatica ,like number of concurrent sessions, RAM requirements etc,max partitions that u would permit per mapping.

how do u estimate the depth of the session scheduling queue? Where do u set the number of maximum concurrent sessions that Informatica can run at a given time?

Assume u have a 24CPU machine with 24GB RAM, suggest how u would like to configure Informatica ,like number of concurrent sessions, RAM requirements etc,max partitions that u would permit per mapping.

Identifying the bottlenecks in various components of Informatica and resolving them.