Topic :: Unix

Unix Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

What is difference in managing processes in windows, unix, RTOS?

HP,

How to debug services on windows and daemons on unix?

Big Bazaar, CA,

1 3229

How to connect oracle database from unix

Cap Gemini, IBM, Wirecard,

6 50440

How does a user get the current date, time in UNIX?

IBM,

6 15472

What Command will remove a Directory in UNIX?

IBM,

8 18364

How does the user view the contents of a text file in UNIX?

IBM,

9 12255

fork in unix ?

BFL,

4 9824

in unix profile contains

BFL,

1 8451

in unix echo is used for

BFL, BirlaSoft, Patni,

10 24991

The UNIX shell is.... a).does not come with the rest of the system b).forms the interface between the user and the kernal c) does not give any scope for programming d) deos not allow calling one program from with in another e) all of the above

IBM,

2 12059

interprocess command in unix be achieved by a)pipes b)messages c)semaphores d)shared memory e)all

Mascot,

2 7094

In Unix inter process communication take place using?

TCS,

3 8339

How do you list the files in an UNIX directory while also showing hidden files?

4 6975

How do you execute a UNIX command in the background?

2 5681

What UNIX command will control the default file permissions when files are created?

3 11190

Related Topics

Un-Answered Questions { Unix }

How do we Test the C++ and Unix Application Using Automated Tool.

How to use BDM via gdb using unix host system?

What UNIX command do you use to connect to UNIX server?

how do u compile a form i.e .fmb file in Unix or in dos

Hi, I wanted to go with TestingDomain-Automation. Regarding this I need to take training on any one tool either WinRunner or LoadRunner. Which is better to get job,having future and takes lesstime with easier***. pls mention one tool name. Basically iam manual test engineer on unix- platform.

what is the difference between Windows application and Unix application?

Can any1 tell me suppose u r doing manual testing on unix platform with Shell Script, then how it is done? How u r implementing it & what is the use of Shell scripting on Manual Testing?

Is QTP supports Unix. If yes, then how the test automation is done?

When I look for mannual enry of any of the command in Unix, such as #man ls, I get a message "Reformatting entry. Wait..." and control comes to a next command prompt. what is the problem?

can anyone help me in getting unix on manual testing i.e can u forward material & web sites to my mail id (suresh_57599@yahoo.com) to understand how the work flow working on manual testing on unix and the contents.plzzzzzzzz help me its urgent.

Can any1 tell me suppose u r doing manual testing on unix platform with Shell Script, then how it is done? How u r implementing it & what is the use of Shell scripting on Manual Testing? plzzzzzzz i need ur help.

I have to write Shells (Linux + Unix)for publishing packages and reports. Is it possible ? What are the differents executable programs ineed to call ?

Hi all, Pls find the bellow mentioned interview questions related to hp-unix. 1. Job Scheduling; mainly crontab, at, batch command 2. Backup stetegy; incremental, full system back up; diff between tar & ufsdump 3. diff between hard link & softlink 4. How to list only the directories inside a directory (Ans. ls -l|grep "^d") 5. RAID levels; pros & cons of diffrent levels; what is RAID 1+0 6. How to recover a system whose root password has lost? 7. What is a daemon? 8. How to put a job in background & bring it to foreground? 9. What is default permissions for others in a file? 10. Questions on shell initialization scripts? 11. Questions on restricted shell 12. What is diff betwn grep & find? 13. What is egrep? 14. Questions on shell programming 15. What is a pipe? 16. Questions on Solaris patch management like pkgadd etc Thnaks & Regards Biswanath Das Email ID:biswanath_das84@yahoo.com

1.Qtp suppots Unix& linx or not 2why qtp suppots shell script.

1. what is the opportunity in hardware & networking in future? 2.how many courses r in networking that fulfill market requrment? 3.who is better for career MCSE or CCNA ,UNIX ?