Topic :: Unix

Unix Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

What is filter command in unix?

What is the difference between diff and cmp command in unix?

Who is founder of unix?

What does ls mean in unix?

What is positional parameters in unix?

What is the symbol in unix?

What does cp mean in unix?

What does pipe do in unix?

Is unix written in c?

What does ls lrt in unix?

What is umask in unix?

What is c shell in unix?

What are special characters in unix?

What are internal and external commands in unix?

How do you kill a job in unix?

Related Topics

Un-Answered Questions { Unix }

How do we Test the C++ and Unix Application Using Automated Tool.

How to use BDM via gdb using unix host system?

What UNIX command do you use to connect to UNIX server?

how do u compile a form i.e .fmb file in Unix or in dos

Hi, I wanted to go with TestingDomain-Automation. Regarding this I need to take training on any one tool either WinRunner or LoadRunner. Which is better to get job,having future and takes lesstime with easier***. pls mention one tool name. Basically iam manual test engineer on unix- platform.

what is the difference between Windows application and Unix application?

Can any1 tell me suppose u r doing manual testing on unix platform with Shell Script, then how it is done? How u r implementing it & what is the use of Shell scripting on Manual Testing?

Is QTP supports Unix. If yes, then how the test automation is done?

When I look for mannual enry of any of the command in Unix, such as #man ls, I get a message "Reformatting entry. Wait..." and control comes to a next command prompt. what is the problem?

can anyone help me in getting unix on manual testing i.e can u forward material & web sites to my mail id (suresh_57599@yahoo.com) to understand how the work flow working on manual testing on unix and the contents.plzzzzzzzz help me its urgent.

Can any1 tell me suppose u r doing manual testing on unix platform with Shell Script, then how it is done? How u r implementing it & what is the use of Shell scripting on Manual Testing? plzzzzzzz i need ur help.

I have to write Shells (Linux + Unix)for publishing packages and reports. Is it possible ? What are the differents executable programs ineed to call ?

Hi all, Pls find the bellow mentioned interview questions related to hp-unix. 1. Job Scheduling; mainly crontab, at, batch command 2. Backup stetegy; incremental, full system back up; diff between tar & ufsdump 3. diff between hard link & softlink 4. How to list only the directories inside a directory (Ans. ls -l|grep "^d") 5. RAID levels; pros & cons of diffrent levels; what is RAID 1+0 6. How to recover a system whose root password has lost? 7. What is a daemon? 8. How to put a job in background & bring it to foreground? 9. What is default permissions for others in a file? 10. Questions on shell initialization scripts? 11. Questions on restricted shell 12. What is diff betwn grep & find? 13. What is egrep? 14. Questions on shell programming 15. What is a pipe? 16. Questions on Solaris patch management like pkgadd etc Thnaks & Regards Biswanath Das Email ID:biswanath_das84@yahoo.com

1.Qtp suppots Unix& linx or not 2why qtp suppots shell script.

1. what is the opportunity in hardware & networking in future? 2.how many courses r in networking that fulfill market requrment? 3.who is better for career MCSE or CCNA ,UNIX ?