10.Ten coins are distr. Among 4 people P, Q, R, S such that
one of them gets a coin, another gets 2 coins,3rd gets 3
coins, and 4th gets 4 coins. It is known that Q gets more
coins than P, and S gets fewer coins than R
a. If the no. of coins distr. To Q is twice the no. distr.
to P then which one of the following. is necessarily true?
i. R gets even no. of coins
ii. R gets odd no. of coins
iii. S gets even no. of coins
iv. S gets odd no. of coins
b. If R gets at least two more coins than S which one of the
following is necessarily true?
i. Q gets at least 2 more coins than S
ii. Q gets more coins than P
iii. P gets more coins than S
iv. P and Q together get at least five coins
c. If Q gets fewer coins than R, then which one of the
following is not necessarily true?
i. P and Q together get at least 4 coins
ii. Q and S together get at least 4 coins
iii.R and S together get at least 5 coins
iv.P and R together get at least 5 coins
11.Elle is 3 times older than Zaheer. Zaheer is ½ as old as
Waheeda. Yogesh is elder than Zaheer.
a. What is sufficient to estimate Elle’s age?
i.Zaheer is 10 yrs old
ii.Yogesh and Waheeda are both older than Zaheer by the same
no of yrs.
iii.Both of the above
iv.None of the above
b. Which one of the following statements can be inferred
from the info above
i.Yogesh is elder than Waheeda
ii.Elle is older than Waheeda
iii.Elle’s age may be less than that of Waheeda
iv.None of the above
Direction for Qn 1-8
Ans A using I only
Ans B using II only
Ans C using both I and II
Ans D not solvable
1. Raman and Gaurav Brought eggs from a vendor. How many
eggs were bought by each of them
i. Raman bought half as many as Gaurav
ii. The dealer had a stock of 500 eggs at the
beginning of day
2. What is the age of Ramprakash?
i. Ramprakash was born when his father was 26 yrs old
ii. Ramprakash’s mothers age is 3yrs less than his
3. How much time is reqd for downloading the software?
i. The Data transfer rate is 6 kbps
ii. The size of the software is 4.5 megabytes
4. Sanjay and Vijay started their journey from Mumbai to
Pune. Who reached Pune first?
i. Sanjay overtakes two times Vijay and Vijay
overtakes Sanjay two times
ii. Sanjay started first
5. Is the GDP of country X higher than Country Y?
i. GDP’s of X and Y has been increasing at a
compounded annual growth rate of 5% and 6% over he past 5 yrs
ii. 5 yrs ago GDP of X was 1.2 times Y
6. A boat can ferry 1500 passengers across a river in 12
hrs. How many round trips does it make during the journey?
i. The boat can carry 400 passengers at a time
ii. During its journey, the boat takes 40 mins time
each way and 20 mins waiting time at each end.
7. What are the values of m and n?
i. n is an even integer, m is odd integer and m is
greater than n.
ii. The product of m and n is 30
8. How much is the weight of 20 mangoes and 30 oranges?
i. 1 orange weighs twice that of 1 mango
ii. 2 mangoes and 3 oranges weigh 2 kg
Direction for Qn 9-12
Five teams participated in Pepsi Cup. Each team played
against each other. The top teams played finals. A win
fetched 2 pts and a tie 1 point
1) South Africa were in the finals
2) India defeated SA but failed to reach the finals
3) Australia lost only one match in the tournament
4) The match between India and Sri Lanka was a tie
5) The undefeated team in the league matches lost in
6) England was one of the best teams that did not qualify
9. Who were the finalists?
i. SA & India
ii. Aus & SL
iii. SA & SL
10. Who won the finals?
iv. Can’t be determined
11. How many matches did India Win?
iv. can’t be determined
12. What was the outcome of the India England Match
i. India won
ii. England won
iii. It was a tie
iv. Can’t be determined
Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback
Answer / krishna
Direction for Qn 1-8
|Is This Answer Correct ?||22 Yes||6 No|
Answer / krishna
9.iii. SA & SL
12.ii. England won
|Is This Answer Correct ?||18 Yes||6 No|
A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
I am at my paying guest accommodation if I am not in the office. a) I am at my paying guest accommodation. b) I am at my office. c) I am not at paying guest accommodation. d) I am not at my office. A) cb B) ad C) cd D) None of the options
Last year Jose sold a painting for $2000. If he made a 25% profit on the sale, how much had he paid for the painting?
who said that " Divide and rule "
In a typical motor cycle rally, every motor cycle has to reach a speed of 20 m/min within a minute and it increase its speed by 20 m/min and the sum was 1600 m/min. Four minutes later, a new motor cyclist started running in the race. After another two minutes, the motor cyclist with the speed of 400 m/min stopped due to injuries and again two new motor cyclist started running in the race. What is the current average speed?
If two dies are thrown simultaneously what is the prob. of one of the dice getting face 6 ? a. 11/36 b. 1/3 c. 12/35 d. 1/36
I have apptitude test for HPCL on 22 feb.2009. so,i need test question papers of that. Please help me......
Cost of an item is x. It's value increases by p% and decreases by p% Now the new value is 1 rupee, what is the actual value ?
A store owner is packig small radios into larger boxes that measure 25in. by 42in. by 60in. If the measurement of each radio is 7in. by 6in. by 5in then how many radios ca be placed in the box?
You have 5 jars of pills. Each pill weighs 10 gram, except for contaminated pills contained in one jar, where each pill weighs 9 gm. Given a scale, how could you tell which jar had the contaminated pills in just one measurement?
Radius of sphere is increased by 50%. By how much percentage is surface area is increased?
1. Find min value of fn: |-5-x| + |2-x|+|6-x|+10-x|; where x is an integer a)0 b)17 c)23 d)19 2. units digit in expansion os 2 raised to 51 is: a)2 b)4 c)6 d)8 3. 2 men at same tym start walking towards each other from A n B 72 kms apart. sp of A is 4kmph. Sp of B is 2 kmph in 1st hr, 2.5 in 2nd, 3 in rd. n so on..when will they meet i) in 7 hrs ii) at 35 kms from A iii) in 10 hrs iv) midway 4. (8*76+19*?-60) / (?*7*12+3-52)=1 a)5 b)2 c)1 d)3 5. 45 grinders brought @ 2215/-.transport expense 2190/-.2760/- on octroi. Find SP/piece to make profit of 20% a)2585 b)2225 c)2670 d)3325 6. In a 2 digit no unit's place is halved and tens place is doubled. diff bet the nos is 37. digit in unit's place is 2 more than tens place. a)24 b)46 c)42 d)none 7. if x-y + z = 19, y + z =20, x-z=3, find d value of x+4y-5z a)22 b)38 c)17 d)none 8. Find approx value of 39.987/0.8102+1.987*18.02 a)72 b)56 c)86 d)44 9. If the ratio of prod of 3 diff comp's A B & C is 4:7:5 and of overall prod last yr was 4lac tones and if each comp had an increase of 20% in prod level this yr what is the prod of Comp B this yr? a)2.1L b)22.1L c)4.1L d)none 10. If 70% of a no. is subtracted from itself it reduces to 81. what is two fifth of that no.? a)108 b)54 c)210 d)none 11. If a certain sum of money at SI doubles itself in 5 yrs then what is d rate? a)5% b)20% c)25% d)14.8% 12. If radius of cylinder and sphere r same and vol of sphere and cylinder r same what is d ratio betn the radius and height of the cylinder i. R= H ii. R= (3/4)H iii. R = (4/3)H iv. R=2/3H 13. Which one of the foll fractions is arranged in ascending order i. 9/11, 7/9, 11/13, 13/14 ii 7/8, 9/11, 11/13, 13/14 iii 9/11, 11/13, 7/8, 13/14 iv none 14. A is 4 yrs old and B is thrice A>when A is 12 yrs, how old will B be? a)16 b)20 c)24 d)28 15. Boat goes downstream from P to Q in 2hrs, upstream in 6hrs and if speed of stream was ? of boat in still water. Find dist PQ a)6 b)4 c)10 d)none 16. Fresh Grapes contain 90% water by wt. Dried grapes contain 20% water by %age. What will b wt of dried grapes when we begin with 20 kg fresh grapes? a)2kg b) 2.4kg c) 2.5kg d)none http://www.TowardsJob.com 17. How many 5 digit no. can b formed wit digits 1, 2, 3,4,5,6 which r divisible by 4 and digits not repeated a)144 b) 168 c) 192 d) none 18. Asish was given Rs. 158 in denominations of Rs 1 each. He distributes these in diff bags, such that ne sum of money of denomination betn 1 and 158 can be given in bags. The min no. of such bags reqd a)10 b) 17 c) 15 d) none 19.There is a rectangular Garden whose length and width are 60m X 20m. There is a walkway of uniform width around garden. Area of walkway is 516m^2. Find width of walkway a)1 b)2 c)3 d)4 20. In a race from pt. X to pt Y and back, Jack averages 0 miles/hr to pt Y and 10 miles/hr back to pr X.Sandy averages 20 miles/hr in both directions. If Jack and Sandy start race at same tym, who'll finish 1st? a)Jack b)Sandy c)they tie d)Impossible to tell 21. A man engaged a servant on a condition that he'll pay Rs 90 and also give him a bag at the end of the yr. He served for 9 months and was given a turban and Rs 65. So the price of turban is i. Rs 10 2) 19 3) 0 4) 55 22. Three wheels make 36, 24, 60 rev/min. Each has a black mark on it. It is aligned at the start of the qn. When does it align again for the first tym? a14 b)20 c)22 d)5 sec 23. If 1= (3/4)(1+ (y/x) ) then i. x=3y ii. x=y/3 iii. x=(2/3)y iv. none 24. The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the average of the nos.? i. 147 ii. 148 iii. 149 iv. 146 25. 1010/104*102=10? i. 8 ii. 6 iii. 4 iv. none