Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback
Answer / d patel
- Logshipping failover is not automatic process. DBA must
sitll muanually do. that means DBA must be present when the
- The users will experience some downtime. How long depends
on how well you implement log shipping
- Some data will be lost
- The database that are being failed over to the standly
server cannot be used for anythings.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||39 Yes||7 No|
Answer / chhavi...sql server dba_431,44
Let me rephrase it first...Limitation in logshipping...
1. Automatic failove is not possible.
2. There will be some data loss because you can't configure
the backup job to run less than 2 minutes.
But insted of these limitation we have many advantages:
1. We can configure the restore job to run with sufficint
delay to recover from user's error.
2. We can have more number of secondaries
3. Also provide log backup backup which can be utilize in
point in time recovery
|Is This Answer Correct ?||21 Yes||2 No|
Answer / parker
Logshipping is a new feature of SQL Server 2000. We should
have two SQL Server - Enterprise Editions. From Enterprise
Manager we can configure the logshipping. In logshipping
the transactional log file from one server is automatically
updated into the backup database on the other server. If
one server fails, the other server will have the same db
and we can use this as the DR (disaster recovery) plan.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||28 Yes||12 No|
What is the difference between windows authentication and sql server authentication
How can we Use Linked Server? Uses of Linked server
Explain sp_configure commands, set commands?
If there exist a index on the table, and we then make a view on that table (include the indexed column from base table) than why do we require indexing on view?Doesnt it create an overhead?
What is mean by "fill factor" ? and what is mean by "Index "in sql?
Which system tables contain information on privileges granted and privileges obtained
Please give me the SP for the below scenario. I have two tables named Table1 and Table2...I need to fetch record by record from Table1 and insert the record in to table2 where the value in the sno column of the table1 is even number.
Can we execute a stored procedure inside a trigger?
What is the difference between UNION and UNIONALL?
What is excution Plan in sql server
1. SELECT SUM(sal) as “Gross Salary” from EMPLOYEES; 2. SELECT MAX(sal) as “Highest Salary” from EMPLOYEES; ouput should be in table format
Is SET a SQL Keyword?