1.what are the different types of testing techniques ?
Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback
Answer / pradeep kumar
Basically ther are two types, they are
1. Static Testing Technique
2. Dynamic Testing Technique
Static Testing Technique:
Testing without executing the program or a
module. Static testing is of diffent types, they are
Review is of two types 1. Formal Review and Informal Review
and Inspection, Walkthroughs, Desk checking, Peer rviews,
Proof Reading comes under Reviews
Desk Checking,Proof Reading, Peer review are Informal
Inspection is Formal Review
Walkthrough can be both formal and informal
Dynamic Testing Technique:
Testing with executing the program or a module.
there are four different types. They are
1. Boundary Value Anlysis.
2. Equivalence Partitioning
3. Decision Table.
4. State Transition
|Is This Answer Correct ?||13 Yes||3 No|
Answer / rudraneel
The Testing strategies are mainly two types
1.WBT (White Box Testing) done by the developers
2.BBT (Black Box Testing) done by the testers
i) Usability Testing
ii) Availablity Testing
iii) Configuration Testing
iv) Compatability Testing
v) Performance Testing
a) Stress Testing
b) Load Testing
c) Recovery Testing
vi) Maintainbility Testing
vii) Reliability Testing
viii) Accessibility Testing
ix) Installation Testing
D)User Acceptance Testing
i) Alpha Testing
ii) Beta Testing
There are many others kinds of Testing...those are not
mandatory for all companies...these are
1. Positive Testing
2. Negative Testing
3. Smoke Testing
4. Sanity Testing
5. Monkey Testing
6. Gorilla Testing
7. Database Testing
9. Post-Mortem Testing
14.Gray Box Testing
15.GUI Testing etc..................
|Is This Answer Correct ?||11 Yes||1 No|
Answer / brindha
White box testing (a.k.a. clear box testing, glass box testing, transparent box testing, or structural testing) is a method of testing software that tests internal structures or workings of an application as opposed to its functionality (black box testing).
White box testing techniques are:
1. Statement coverage
2. Decision coverage
3. Condition coverage
4. Path coverage (done using cyclomatic complexity)
Black-box testing is a method of testing software that tests the functionality of an application as opposed to its internal structures or workings.
Black Box testing techniques are:
1. Boundary Value Analysis.
2. Equivalence Partitioning
3. Decision Table.
4. Cause Effecting Analysis
|Is This Answer Correct ?||2 Yes||0 No|
Answer / pavan
There are 2 types of testing techniques
1. Black Box testing: It is a method of testing in which the black box test engineer will perform testing on the functional part of the application without having any knowledge on the structural part of an application.
2. White box testing: It is a method of testing in which the white box test engineer will perform testing on the structural part of an application. Usually the developers are the White box test engineers.
Apart from this 2 techniques there are one more desired technique called gray box testing.
Gray box testing: It is a method of testing in which one will perform testing on both the functional part and structural part of an application. Usually who has knowledge on the structural part of an application will perform this testing.
If it is correct send me the message to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Is This Answer Correct ?||0 Yes||0 No|
which fields comes under SRS?
What is the difference in b/w waterfall & V'model?
Write the Testcases for Telephone
what is the role of QA manager
Why you think tester is more important for good quality of the product?
what is meant by metrics give some examples and what is meant by testscripts
What r the roles and responsibilities of a TestLead?
can you tell me test cases this the sketch is below here name is a dropdown list like different phones nokia,lg,samsung,motorola,sony,micromax and there is a submit button below name model submit
what is the difference between Load,Stress and Volume Testing?
entry criteria and exit criteria for unit testing, integration testing, system testing and uat
1. WHAT IS USE CASE? WRITE AN EXAMPLE OF USE CASE? 2. WHAT ARE THE PROPERTIES OF DEFECT TEMPLATE? 3. WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF TESTING? 4. WHAT IS TESTING? 5. WRITE TEST CASES FOR YAHOO MESSENGER LOGIN? 6. EXPLAIN PROBLEMS IN COMMUNICATIONS WITH CLIENT? 7. WHAT IS WEB TESTING? 8. WHAT SHOULD A SUCCESSFUL TEST ENGINEER DO? 9. WHAT IS BI DIRECTIONAL TRACEABILITY MATRIX? 10. TELL ME A REAL ACENARIO WHICH YOU EVER FACED? 11. GREAT BUG YOU FOUND IN YOUR CAREER?
Hi frnds, can any one tel me how we can test an MODULE by using SRS documents ? reply me plzzzz