What is the difference between testing and Quality Assurance?
Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback
Answer / mini patil
QA,QC AND TESTING are closely related, but they are
These three are useful in manageing the risk of the
developing and managing software.
Quality Assurance: A set of activities designed to ensure
that the development and/or maintenance process is adequate
to ensure a system will meet its objectives.
Quality Control: A set of activities designed to evaluate a
developed work product.
Testing: The process of executing a system with the intent
of finding defects.
QA activities ensure that the process is defined and
QC activities focus on finding defects in specific
Testing is one example of a QC activity, but there are
others such as inspections
Testing therefore is product oriented and thus is in the QC
|Is This Answer Correct ?||17 Yes||5 No|
Difference between testing and Quality Assurance:
The difference is that Quality Assurance is process oriented and Testing is product oriented.
The goal of testing is to find the errors.
The goal of QA is to prevent the errors in the program.
Testing : Finding the bugs.
QA: Prevetion of the bugs.
Testing: The process of executing a system with the intent of finding defects.
Testing for quality isn't assuring quality, it's controlling it.
Quality Assurance: A set of activities designed to ensure that the development and/or maintenance process is adequate to ensure a system will meet its objectives.
Quality Assurance makes sure you are doing the right things, the right way.
Testing is done by tester to find the errors in the project hre we check the build product is correct or not. it is validation.
Quality assurance is done by the developer while they are in the developing the project (bug free product) here we check whether we are building the right product. it is verification.
Testing is a skill of checking the software agianst user requirement.
QA is the team that provide the guidelines, standard, planning to the software company and it will verify the working methadology of the software company.
Quality assurance is creating or streamlining existing testing techniques/protocols/procedures to create a quality product.
Quality assurance will make sure correct and apt quality guidelines and procedures are set for the QC department to test a product.
Testing is the act of performing some checks or tests to make sure the product under test adheres to the quality standards and requirements (shape, size, colors etc).
Quality means consistently meeting user requirements in terms of cost , delivery schedule & service.
Quality Assurance (QA):
- QA is planned and systematic way to evaluate quality of process used to produce a quality product.
- The goal of a QA is to provide assurance that a product is meeting customer’s quality expectations.
- QA deals with how to prevent bugs from occurring in a product being developed.
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer’s main responsibility is to create and implement methods and standards to improve development process.
- QA is associated with activities like measuring the quality of process used to develop a product, process improvement and defect prevention.
- It consists of auditing and reporting procedures related to development and testing.
- Software testing is a planned process that is used to identify the correctness, completeness, security and quality of software.
- Testing is generally done to demonstrate that the software is doing what it is supposed to do as well as the software is not doing what it is not supposed to do.
- The goal of testing or software tester is to locate defects and make sure that they get fixed.
These are the basic differences between the Quality Assurance and Software Testing concepts.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||7 Yes||1 No|
Can you define Quality in Three words ?
what is test condition
What is traceability matrix? Is it required for every project?
What is error guessing?
Relationship between dynamic testing, coding fault and failure
What is bug leakage and bug release?
can anybody clarify me that requirements carries id number likewise functionalitis under that requirement has any id number or not?
difference between validation and regression testing
Can anyone listout major scenarios for a payment submission web page???
Give one example for both QC and QA
what is the difference b/w qtp,winnrunner,testdirector?
What are the advantages and dis advantages of Agile model?