Topic :: Iodine

Iodine Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

When starch reacts with iodine, why does it create the characteristic blue-black colour?

Hetero, Pace Pharmaceuticals,

5 19176

How Many grams of solid iodine are produced by the decomposition of 25.4g of hydrogen iodine gas?

Iodine must be added to common salt in order to: (A) help the body produce make blood (B) help the body eliminate toxins (C) help in the development of a healthy brain (D) All of the above

1 2571

Which of the following hormones contains iodine? 1 Adrenaline 2 Insulin 3 Testosterone 4 Thyroxin

2 17440

The organ in the body which accumulates iodine is 1 Pituitary gland 2 Thymus 3 Thyroid gland 4 Spleen

2 8268

what is the equation for iodine and starch when they are combined?

1 9742

which is the main source of iodine

4 5402

What is the iodine value of spent carbon?How iodine value is used to determine the power of carbon to adsorb?

2 4771

Why should we use Potassium iodide and Hydrochloric acid during preparation of Iodine Molar solution?

1 3047

What does the Iodine mordant do in a gram stain?

5 5662

Question 96 - In infrared spectrum, one of the factors affecting peak location is the mass of the atoms. The stretching frequency of a bond connected to a lighter atom will be greater than the same bond connected to a heavier atom. (a) For halogens like florine (F), chlorine (Cl), bromine (Br), iodine (I) and astatine (At), what is their IUPAC group number? Hint : The proton numbers for F, Cl, Br, I and At are 9, 17, 35, 53 and 85 respectively. (b) For the compounds of H-F, H-Cl, H-Br, H-I and H-At, which one has the lowest stretching frequency and which one has the highest stretching frequency? State the reasons.

1 1465

BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING INSTRUMENTATION - EXAMPLE 29.6 : In infrared spectrum, one of the factors affecting peak location is the mass of the atoms. The stretching frequency of a bond connected to a lighter atom will be greater than the same bond connected to a heavier atom. (a) For halogens like florine (F), chlorine (Cl), bromine (Br), iodine (I) and astatine (At), what is their IUPAC group number? Hint : The proton numbers for F, Cl, Br, I and At are 9, 17, 35, 53 and 85 respectively. (b) For the compounds of H-F, H-Cl, H-Br, H-I and H-At, which one has the lowest stretching frequency and which one has the highest stretching frequency? State the reasons.

1 1829

The organ in the body which accumulates iodine is ? a) Pituitary Gland b) Thymus c) Typhoid Gland d) Spleen

1 895

Which iodine compounds are used in antiseptics?

What is the reaction that occurs between iodine and sodium thiosulphate?