what is the booting process of linux systen and explain
it,is the first process comes under the installation process.
Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback
As it turns out, there isn’t much to the boot process:
1. A boot loader finds the kernel image on the disk, loads
it into memory, and
2. The kernel initializes the devices and its drivers.
3. The kernel mounts the root filesystem.
4. The kernel starts a program called init.
5. init sets the rest of the processes in motion.
6. The last processes that init starts as part of the boot
sequence allow you to
|Is This Answer Correct ?||38 Yes||6 No|
1) BIOS: BIOS is the lowest level interface between computer
The BIOS performs integrity checks on memory and
seek instructions on the Master Boot Record (MBR) on the
2) The MBR points to the boot loader (GRUB or LILO: Linux
3) Boot loader (GRUB or LILO) will then ask for the OS label
which will identify which kernel to run and where it is
located (Hard drive and partitioned)
4) The first thing the kernel does is to execute init
program. init is the root/parent process to all processes in
5) The first processes that init starts is a script
6) Based on the appropriate run-level, scripts are executed
to start the various processes to run the system and make
|Is This Answer Correct ?||25 Yes||1 No|
Answer / susheel narain singh
Botting process of linux
Bios -> POST -> MBR -> Grub -> Kernal -> Initrd
|Is This Answer Correct ?||13 Yes||7 No|
How can I create a file with cmd?
How you will uncompress the file?
Write a command that will display all .txt files, including its individual permission.
What command should you use to check the number of files and disk space used and each user’s defined quotas?
What does df command do in linux?
What is mkdir m in linux?
What command is used to check the number of files, disk space, and each user’s defined quota?
Set the Display automatically for the current new user ?
What is know about grep commands?
i dont know root password then this situation can we change or break root password to ant process
How do I find cpu in linux?
Does cp overwrite?