i have 1000 records in pf.what are all the ways to read a
particular name records in rpg?? ie.. in pf i have a name
called demo appeared around 52 times hw will we read this
particular records in rpg/400?.

Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback

i have 1000 records in pf.what are all the ways to read a particular name records in rpg?? ie.. in ..

Answer / xxx

setgt and then a readpe will read 52 times then it will
throw EOF.

Is This Answer Correct ?    0 Yes 3 No

Post New Answer

More RPG400 Interview Questions

1.Where we declare Variables in RPG/400,RPGIV,RPGILE.? 2.When do we use D-spec and I-spec in real time ?.what is difference between them?

1 Answers   HP,

What is the purpose of record level identifier?

0 Answers  

How can i keyed a flat file in RPGLE

5 Answers   IBM, Wipro,

Hi, Can any body tell me ur experience on this questions? Questions: 1.what is the use of SFLRCDNBR other than subfile page display? 2.Which of the following operation cannot be used in conjuction with a file coded as device type disk?

1 Answers  

please guys help me,I need to write a program that shows more than one way to display a subfile. Both views are of the same file but sorted differently and show different fields of the same file when the user presses a function key. send me code

4 Answers   Virtusa,

if there is a module object , how to find the program object for this module object.Assume the module object name and program object name is not same.

0 Answers  

How to read alternative records in a pf by using rpg?

8 Answers   IBM,

suppose i i am changing / updating record of subfile and i want to change the record in reverse order . means i want to change the bottom record first and so on through readc . how i do it please any one explain .

4 Answers   CSC,

One of the job in subsystem is in Running status,expected time to complete this job is 2 minutes. But from last 5 -10 minutes this job is still in running status....What are the possible reasons...and What are the actions i need to perform to check this...?

4 Answers  

How many program bind in one module....

0 Answers  

How to change the name of physical members Dynamically?

1 Answers  

Please help me, I have created window subfile,I have created Footer with same lengh and postion of window SFL. When I call the pgm, first is shows only Footer and then it shows subfile records.This time Footer is not showsing ..plz hel me how can i do it...? Sameple DDS and RPG: A R WIN1 SFL A*%%TS SD 20090130 165346 MUNSHIJ REL-V4R2M0 5769- PW1 A FLD001 1Y 0B 4 3EDTCDE (Z) A ATFILE R O 4 7REFFLD (QWHFDBAS/ATFILE LIB/LIBF- A ILE) A R WINCTL SFLCTL (WIN1) A*%%TS SD 20090202 123459 MUNSHIJ REL-V4R2M0 5769- PW1 A ALTNAME ('y') A SFLSIZ (0004) A SFLPAG (0004) A WINDOW (FOOTER) A ROLLUP (27) A ROLLDOWN (28) A CF12 (12 'Cancel') A 50 SFLDSP A N51 SFLDSPCTL A 51 SFLCLR A 1 2'Select Option,Press enter' A 2 3'1= Select' A R FOOTER A* A WINDOW(8 31 9 43) A 8 4'F12 = Cancel' A R DUMMY ASSUME A 24 10' ' in RPG: Dow *IN12 = *Off Write Footer Fxfmt WInCTL

2 Answers  

Categories