A 5 litre jug contains 4 litres of a salt water solution
that is 15 percent salt. If 1.5 litres of the solution
spills out of the jug, and the jug is then filled to
capacity with water, approximately what percent of the
resulting solution in the jug is salt?
(A)7.5% (B)9.5% (C) 10.5% (D) none

Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback

A 5 litre jug contains 4 litres of a salt water solution that is 15 percent salt. If 1.5 litres of..

Answer / kaka para para

when we fill the jug to full capacity, the percentage of
salt will be :

ASS,when we fill how thehell salt is added?? You guys dont
think at all ???

9.5 % is the right ans...

Is This Answer Correct ?    1 Yes 13 No

A 5 litre jug contains 4 litres of a salt water solution that is 15 percent salt. If 1.5 litres of..

Answer / juber

9.5 is the correct answer...

Is This Answer Correct ?    4 Yes 19 No

Answer / sen

4 liters contains 15% salt, so 1.5 liter contains 5.5% salt,
if this 1.5 liter spilled out the remaining amount of salt
is 9.5% i.e (15%-5.5%)=9.5%

Is This Answer Correct ?    3 Yes 24 No

Post New Answer

More General Aptitude Interview Questions

PA and PB are tangents to the circle at A and B respectively and the chord BC is parallel to tangent PA. If AC = 6 cm, and length of the tangent AP is 9 cm, then what is the length of the chord BC?

0 Answers   Wipro,

What is RAS

3 Answers   ESS, Ness Technologies, Wipro,

im swetha... is the chances 4 science graduates are less when compared with arts & commerce graduates 4 a bank job? why im asking bcoz, i attended for four banks interview like sbi[2], bank of baroda, karur vysya bank after selected in the written test. i attended interview very well. but not.. why this?

0 Answers  

E=I*I*R what is the effect of E when I becomes I/2

6 Answers   Wipro,

If Rs20/- is available to pay for typing a research report & typist A produces 42 pages and typist B produces 28 pages. How much should typist A receive?

6 Answers   L&T,

1,2,3,5,?,10,15,30

16 Answers   CTS, SAE,

The owner of a hobby store needed to calculate the percentage of customers who purchase wood glue. Upon completing his survey, he noticed that 60% of the people that entered his store purchased an item. Of those customers, 15 percent purchased wood glue. What percent of the people that entered the store purchased wood glue? a) 8% b) 7% c) 9% d) 12% e) 15%

4 Answers   TCS,

What will you do if you are alone in a thick jungle..?

10 Answers  

Hi Guys. I am an Instrumentation and Control Engineer(ICE) and have filled various PSU entrance exam forms. I wanted to know if anyone of you out there had any material for the preparation of the same. Any sort of material will be greatly appreciated. Be it previous year questions (Aptitude, GK or Technical) , study material or links to websites which do have this material. PSUs that I am going to appear in are HPCL, SAIL, ECIL and finally Gate. Any suggestions and advice is greatly welcomed. My E-Mail ID is kris_sreekanth86@yahoo.co.in

0 Answers   Sail,

2) If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used combined.

10 Answers   Amdocs, TCS,

How many two digit numbers satisfy the property: the last digit of the square of the two digit number is 8:

0 Answers   Verifone,

2 12 30 56............. series?

9 Answers   Royal Mail,

Categories