Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback
Answer / chandrasekharreddy siddamreddy
1. Defines a binary standard for component interoperability
2. Is programming language-independent
3. Is provided on multiple platforms (Microsoft® Windows®,
4. Microsoft Windows NT™, Apple® Macintosh®, UNIX®)
5. Provides for robust evolution of component-based
applications and systems
6. Is extensible
|Is This Answer Correct ?||6 Yes||3 No|
Answer / p.eswaran
1. It is Binary Standard, so it supports all the Languages(
java, VC++, VB , .Net ,..)
2. It is already compiled Code.
3. reuse ability.
4. Main Purpose is Client- Server Interaction with in a
Machine.(DCOM for Client- Server Interaction across the
|Is This Answer Correct ?||3 Yes||1 No|
Answer / aj
Futures of COM
5.Server lifetime management.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||0 Yes||4 No|
How does a DCOM component know where to instantiate itself?
What are queued components?
can a COM interface be implemented by more than one COM class in the same COM component?
how to call a dll as a COM dll?
Futures of COM
What happens when client calls CoCreateInstance?
Write a JCL to copy only selected members from a partitioned data set to another partitioned data set. (Use: IEBCOPY)
Which tool is used to configure the port range and protocols for DCOM communications?
Explain queued components.
Define and explain COM?
How to Use structs in COM interfaces when Automation compatibility is not an issue?
What should QueryInterface functions do if requested object was not found?