hello friends Im doing my final year engineering in B.Tech..
one of uncle said he can provide job in his company if im
good in database management. but i have only basic knowledge
about database, so like to join database management course
in good intuition. so friends kindly help me to get good
intuition because its my future.
create or replace procedure show_tab_rec ( P_tab VARCHAR2 )
cmd := 'select *
from '|| P_tab;
for int in ( execute immediate cmd )
dbms_output.put_line ( int.ename||' '||int.deptno);
when i m compling this procedure i m getting this error
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "IMMEDIATE" when expecting
of the following:
. ( ) , * @ % & | = - + < / > at in is mod remainder not
range rem => .. <> or != or ~= >= <= <>
and or like LIKE2_ LIKE4_ LIKEC_ between || multiset member
PLZ solve this error
give this question answer asap
1. what is a single procedure?
2. suppose a view constructed on a query... after that in
the master table a column was dropped, then what will be the
status of that view? will it be invalid or something else?
3. what is mutating table error? how can you solve that problem?
4. suppose "select * from emp where empno=7788;" is running
slow because of what ever the cause it is.. how can you fix
it and make the execution faster?
5. will the snapshot of data will be stored in the RAM ,
where will ir be stored exactly.
6. how to delete 100 tables or 100000 tables' data from the
schema without writing delete statement for no.of times.
write an sql statement to do that job.
7. suppose a package contains so many cursors, procedures
and all.. and we are using such types of procedures so many
in a program. so the execution is to be stored all those
packages and all to the RAM. utimately it is using many
resources for each time execution. how can you reduce the
time and using of resources for each execution because the
query need to be run many times. how can you tune that?
8. suppose a procudere is there with specs as (a,b,c,d), all
of these are IN mode only then while calling them should we
pass all the 4 arguments? how to pass (b,c) only.. how ever
the specs are wrote in the same order displayed in the above?
9. a function is returning a table type, how to access that
function in a select statement?
10. i have a table in database A and another table in
database B, how can you access the data of these two tables?
write a query for that with dblinks.
11. i have two tables might have 15/20 columns in that.. i
wanna send these columns(table) to the front end application
for example you are using asp.net by writing a procedure.
write that to perform the above job.
12. shall we create a table in the package?
13. shall we create a table in the procedure?
14. suppose i have 10 records, in that i want to select 7th
record. write a query for that. cant you use rownum for this?
15. suppose my procedure has got around 20 select
statements, in that some three select statements are running
very slow. what will you write to detect which queries are
16. what fields you use frequently in plan_table?
17. what is pipeline function? explain me with an example.
18. does a unique column can contain more than one null?
19. how many hints are there provided by oracle?
HOW TO SAVE UNIVERSES AND DOCUMENTS IN THE REPOSITORY?
6. Display the client name and order date for all orders
using the traditional method.
How do you find out from the RMAN catalog if a particular
archive log has been backed-up?
If any one has information regarding interview of NIC
(National Informatics Centre),it would be of great help...
what is normalisation?what are its uses?
What spfile/init.ora file parameter exists to force the CBO
to make the execution path of a given statement use an
index, even if the index scan may appear to be calculated as
can u send the sql dumps to email@example.com
plz help me
What is the difference between BPA AND Contract
What are documents and test cases u followed
Single File Database: Develop a student record management
which uses single file as its database. It is not supposed
additional files at any part of the project and should never
total content. It must be capable of storing 100000's of
should support variable length records to be added, deleted,
How can you tell how much space is left on a given file
system and how much space each of the file systems
What view would you use to determine free space in a
Other than making use of the statspack utility, what would
you check when you are monitoring or running a health check
on an Oracle 8i or 9i database?
What do you mean by Checkbox ?
Provide an example of a shell script which logs into SQLPLUS
as SYS, determines the current date, changes the date format
to include minutes & seconds, issues a drop table command,
displays the date again, and finally exits.