Topic :: Chlorine

Chlorine Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

when chlorine gas is leak out what will you do?

Why chlorine cylinders are laid down horizontally?

3 6948

1.How a chlorine leak is detected? 2.What would happen if excess chlorine is added to water in cooling tower?

3 7082

what is the use of chlorine?

State Bank Of India SBI,

Question 69 - A well delivers 225 US-gallons per minute of water to a chemical plant during normal system operation. (a) Calculate its flowrate in the unit of mega US-gallon per day or MGD. (b) The following formula is written next to the chlorine feed point : (chlorine feed rate, lb / day) = (flowrate, MGD) X (dose, mg / L) x (8.34). If this formula is correct, then what should the chlorine feed rate to be in pounds per day (lb / day) if the desired dose is 2 mg / L. (c) Prove by calculations that the constant 8.34 in the formula next to the chlorine feed point is correct. Let 1 US-gallon = 3.78541 L and 1 mg = 0.0000022046 pound.

1 1780

Question 96 - In infrared spectrum, one of the factors affecting peak location is the mass of the atoms. The stretching frequency of a bond connected to a lighter atom will be greater than the same bond connected to a heavier atom. (a) For halogens like florine (F), chlorine (Cl), bromine (Br), iodine (I) and astatine (At), what is their IUPAC group number? Hint : The proton numbers for F, Cl, Br, I and At are 9, 17, 35, 53 and 85 respectively. (b) For the compounds of H-F, H-Cl, H-Br, H-I and H-At, which one has the lowest stretching frequency and which one has the highest stretching frequency? State the reasons.

1 1472

ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING - QUESTION 22.3 : A well delivers 225 US-gallons per minute of water to a chemical plant during normal system operation. (a) Calculate its flowrate in the unit of mega US-gallon per day or MGD. (b) The following formula is written next to the chlorine feed point : (chlorine feed rate, lb / day) = (flowrate, MGD) X (dose, mg / L) x (8.34). If this formula is correct, then what should the chlorine feed rate to be in pounds per day (lb / day) if the desired dose is 2 mg / L. (c) Prove by calculations that the constant 8.34 in the formula next to the chlorine feed point is correct. Let 1 US-gallon = 3.78541 L and 1 mg = 0.0000022046 pound.

1 1502

BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING INSTRUMENTATION - EXAMPLE 29.6 : In infrared spectrum, one of the factors affecting peak location is the mass of the atoms. The stretching frequency of a bond connected to a lighter atom will be greater than the same bond connected to a heavier atom. (a) For halogens like florine (F), chlorine (Cl), bromine (Br), iodine (I) and astatine (At), what is their IUPAC group number? Hint : The proton numbers for F, Cl, Br, I and At are 9, 17, 35, 53 and 85 respectively. (b) For the compounds of H-F, H-Cl, H-Br, H-I and H-At, which one has the lowest stretching frequency and which one has the highest stretching frequency? State the reasons.

1 1834

What is the molar mass of chlorine?

Explain the molar mass of chlorine?

Why is the reaction of ethane and chlorine not a free-radical addition reaction?