Topic :: Bromine

Bromine Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

Bromine is 1 A colorless gas insoluble in water 2 A highly inflammable gas 3 A black solid 4 A red liquid

2 7239

Question 96 - In infrared spectrum, one of the factors affecting peak location is the mass of the atoms. The stretching frequency of a bond connected to a lighter atom will be greater than the same bond connected to a heavier atom. (a) For halogens like florine (F), chlorine (Cl), bromine (Br), iodine (I) and astatine (At), what is their IUPAC group number? Hint : The proton numbers for F, Cl, Br, I and At are 9, 17, 35, 53 and 85 respectively. (b) For the compounds of H-F, H-Cl, H-Br, H-I and H-At, which one has the lowest stretching frequency and which one has the highest stretching frequency? State the reasons.

1 1462

BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING INSTRUMENTATION - EXAMPLE 29.6 : In infrared spectrum, one of the factors affecting peak location is the mass of the atoms. The stretching frequency of a bond connected to a lighter atom will be greater than the same bond connected to a heavier atom. (a) For halogens like florine (F), chlorine (Cl), bromine (Br), iodine (I) and astatine (At), what is their IUPAC group number? Hint : The proton numbers for F, Cl, Br, I and At are 9, 17, 35, 53 and 85 respectively. (b) For the compounds of H-F, H-Cl, H-Br, H-I and H-At, which one has the lowest stretching frequency and which one has the highest stretching frequency? State the reasons.

1 1827

Bromine is ? a) A colourless gas insoluble in water b) A highly inflammable gas c) A black solid d) A red liquid e) None of these

1 1135