Topic :: Optimization

Optimization Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

How are dimensions optimized?

Tell few steps for optimizing (for speed and resources) ASP page/application ?

1 5600

If you use the OPTIMIZE compiler option the size of the program can be reduced by 5 to 10%(True or False)

2 4461

What will the DB2 optimizer do?

2 5078

Where is the access path logic created by the DB2 Optimizer stored?

1 7596

utility used to obtain inform regarding the optimizes choice of access strategy for SQL stmts A) LOAD B) REORG C) COPY D) EXPLAIN

Accenture,

2 4499

Give 2 examples of a code optimization?

4 13390

What is the search engine optimizetion.

Wild Net,

1 2166

Why might the optimizer use a table scan when an index is available?

What Oracle features can be used to optimize my Warehouse system?

1 4913

What are the ways to Optimize the Performance of a Difference Amplifier?

Explain about the Optimizer values passed in Oracle?

What is the function of Optimizer ?

1 3656

What are the different approaches used by Optimizer in choosing an execution plan ?

2 4199

What are the factors that affect OPTIMIZER in choosing an Optimization approach ?

2 3599

Related Topics

Un-Answered Questions { Optimization }

Optimization technique description ?

what is integration,optimization of gsm corenetwork in practice?

What is Search Engine Optimization?

What is meant by optimization and what are different ways of optimiztion?

what is mysql optimization in brief?

hi,every one, i have to write the search paper on "performance policy optimization" of NGN (next generation networks). i need the material on this topic. can any body help me. please tell me any useful site where the good material is available and name of any reference book. it should be a great help for me.

Synchroness 1.What are hash prompts? Ans: Tree prompts in which hierarchies can be seen,they can be said as hash prompts. 2.User wants to see 5 more coloums in the report.We have package and data base,how will u implement using it in report.? Ans: 3.What is automatic optimization?what is optimization?what are the properties you set for optimization in report studio? 4.what is command to display first 10 records from a table? IGATE 1.In FM if we change a fact symbol to attribute,will it effect the report? 2.If a report is slow in generating output. How do u perform tuning? How do u reduce joins in sql? Using left outer join is it going to improve the report performance? IBM 1.How do you configure ? 2.How do you drill through report from RS to Analysis studio?

optimization techinques

In what scenario we use to improve session performance by pushdown optimization?can any one give example?

what is SAS OPTIMIZATION?

One of the optimizing technique to improve the session performance is push down optimization,by using push down optimization we push as much as transformation logic to source/target database,but this degrades the d/b performance,how to overcome this?

OPTIMIZATION OF SP,CURSOR,TRIGGERS

Roads concatenation Problem Consider we have some GIS (Geo Information System) operating over some road network. Each road represented as array of two-dimensional geographical points. Road network is a set of roads. System has function called Concatenate(). This function takes raw road network and should return optimized road network. Optimization lies in concatenating roads with matching start or end points, i.e. if road AB end point matches road BC start point, then optimized network should contain concatenated road AC. Optimized network shouldn’t contain two roads which can be concatenated. Your task is to suggest set of test cases for Concatenate() function in order to make sure it works correctly. public interface IPoint { double Lat { get; } double Lon { get; } } public Road : List { } public RoadNetwork : List { } public RoadNetwork Concatenate(RoadNetwork roads);

what's query optimization and without use of IN AND Exist can we get another way data from query

1) Synonyms 2) Co-related Subquery 3) Different Jobs in Plsql 4) Explain Plan 5) Wrap 6) Query Optimization Technique 7) Bulk Collect 8) Types of index 9) IF primary key is created then the index created ? 10) Foreign Key 11) Exception Handling 12) Difference Between Delete and Trunc 13) Procedure Overloading 14) Grant Revoke 15) Procedure Argument types. 16) Functions. 17) Joins