Topic :: Legal

Legal Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

What are your views on the franchising of legal aid firms?

Infosys,

3 7796

What views are you having on the policies of the Legal Services Commission?

Bajaj,

Why would you want to do legal aid work?

What do you think on the franchising of legal aid firms?

why is not modelling illegal eventhough it is based on appearance?

1 3516

Why would you be successful in legal writing?

Is Absinthe legal to export?

1 5641

Name five illegal interview questions?

5 7774

Is the following code legal? struct a { int x; struct a b; }

4 11674

Who said ?Repression is repression, if it is legal, it must be resisted peacefully, but if it is illegal it must be illegally met?? (a) Lala Lajpat Rai (b) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (c) Dadabhai Naoroji (d) Rabindranth Tagore

1 4441

Who can declare peace or war from the legal point of view? (a) Prime Minister of India (b) President of India (c) The Chief of the Army Staff (d) The three Chiefs?Army, Navy and Air Force

2 5965

Which one is not the legal immunities of the President of India? (a) Not answerable to any court of law for the exercise of his powers (b) Cannot be compelled to appear as a witness before any court of law (c) No criminal proceedings can be brought against him during the term of his office (d) His powers are not limited even by Constitutional law

1 3512

what are the legal documents(government rules) maintained in the sub contracting process

1 3135

Which one of the High Courts has declared bandh as illegal and ?Unconstitutional?? (1) Tamil Nadu HC (2) Kerala HC (3) West Bengal HC (4) Karnataka HC

2 4001

Judicial Remedy whereby the State inquires into the legality of detaining a person is better known as (1) Habeas Corpus (2) Certiorari (3) Mandamus (4) Quo Warranto

1 3074

Related Topics

Un-Answered Questions { Legal }

What views are you having on the policies of the Legal Services Commission?

What is your view on the "sufficient benefit" test in legally aided work?

Why would you want to do legal aid work?

What do you think on the franchising of legal aid firms?

Why would you be successful in legal writing?

If one always ought to act so as to produce the best possible circumstances, then morality is extremely demanding. No one could plausibly claim to have met the requirements of this "simple principle." . . . It would seem strange to punish those intending to do good by sentencing them to an impossible task. Also, if the standards of right conduct are as extreme as they seem, then they will preclude the personal projects that humans find most fulfilling. From an analytic perspective, the potential extreme demands of morality are not a "problem." A theory of morality is no less valid simply because it asks great sacrifices. In fact, it is difficult to imagine what kind of constraints could be put on our ethical projects. Shouldn't we reflect on our base prejudices, and not allow them to provide boundaries for our moral reasoning? Thus, it is tempting to simply dismiss the objections to the simple principle. However, in Demands of Morality, Liam Murphy takes these objections seriously for at least two distinct reasons. First, discussion of the simple principle provides an excellent vehicle for a discussion of morality in general. Perhaps, in a way, this is Murphy's attempt at doing philosophy "from the inside out.". . . Second, Murphy's starting point tells us about the nature of his project. Murphy must take seriously the collisions between moral philosophy and our intuitive sense of right and wrong. He [must do so] because his work is best interpreted as intended to forge moral principles from our firm beliefs, and not to proscribe beliefs given a set of moral principles. [Murphy] argues from our considered judgments rather than to them. . . For example, Murphy cites our "simple but firmly held" beliefs as supporting the potency of the over- demandingness objection, and nowhere in the work can one find a source of moral values divorced from human preferences. Murphy does not tell us what set of "firm beliefs" we ought to have. Rather, he speaks to an audience of well- intentioned but unorganized moral realists, and tries to give them principles that represent their considered moral judgments. Murphy starts with this base sense of right and wrong, but recognizes that it needs to be supplemented by reason where our intuitions are confused or conflicting. Perhaps Murphy is looking for the best interpretation of our convictions, the same way certain legal scholars try to find the best interpretation of our Constitution. This approach has disadvantages. Primarily, Murphy's arguments, even if successful, do not provide the kind of motivating force for which moral philosophy has traditionally searched. His work assumes and argues in terms of an inner sense of morality, and his project seeks to deepen that sense. Of course, it is quite possible that the moral viewpoints of humans will not converge, and some humans have no moral sense at all. Thus, it is very easy for the moral skeptic to point out a lack of justification and ignore the entire work. On the other hand, Murphy's choice of a starting point avoids many of the problems of moral philosophy. Justifying the content of moral principles and granting a motivating force to those principles is an extraordinary task. It would be unrealistic to expect all discussions of moral philosophy to derive such justifications. Projects that attempt such a derivation have value, but they are hard pressed to produce logical consequences for everyday life. In the end, Murphy's strategy may have more practical effect than its first-principle counterparts, which do not seem any more likely to convince those that would reject Murphy's premises. 1) The author suggests that the application of Murphy's philosophy to the situations of two different groups: a) would help to solve the problems of one group but not of the other. b) could result in the derivation of two radically different moral principles. c) would be contingent on the two groups sharing the same fundamental beliefs. d) could reconcile any differences between the two groups. 2) Suppose an individual who firmly believes in keeping promises has promised to return a weapon to a person she knows to be extremely dangerous. According to Murphy, which of the following, if true, would WEAKEN the notion that she should return the weapon? a) She also firmly believes that it is morally wrong to assist in any way in a potentially violent act. b) She believes herself to be well-intentioned in matters of right and wrong. c) The belief that one should keep promises is shared by most members of her community. d) She derived her moral beliefs from first-principle ethical philosophy. 3) The passage implies that a moral principle derived from applying Murphy's philosophy to a particular group would be applicable to another group if: a) the first group recommended the principle to the second group. b) the moral viewpoints of the two groups do not converge. c) the members of the second group have no firmly held beliefs. d) the second group shares the same fundamental beliefs as the first group. 4) According to the passage, the existence of individuals who entirely lack a moral sense: a) confirms the notion that moral principles should be derived from the considered judgments of individuals. b) suggests a potential disadvantage of Murphy's philosophical approach. c) supports Murphy's belief that reason is necessary in cases in which intuitions are conflicting or confused. d) proves that first-principle strategies of ethical theorizing will have no more influence over the behavior of individuals than will Murphy's philosophical approach. 5) Which of the following can be inferred about "doing philosophy from the inside out?" a) Murphy was the first philosopher to employ such an approach. b) It allows no place for rational argument in the formation of ethical principles. c) It is fundamentally different from the practice of first-principle philosophy. d) It is designed to dismiss objections to the "simple principle." 6) A school board is debating whether or not to institute a dress code for the school's students. According to Murphy, the best way to come to an ethical decision would be to: a) consult the fundamental beliefs of the board members. b) analyze the results of dress codes instituted at other schools. c) survey the students as to whether or not they would prefer a dress code. d) determine whether or note a dress code has ever been instituted in the school's history.

Read the case given below and answer the questions given at the end. Krutika Designers Ltd is an Indian company engaged in designing shirts for an international shirt manufacturer. Its operations are currently restricted to designing shirts for the Indian market. The firm is interested in extending its operations to the European markets, but is restricted by its lack of knowledge about the latest fashions and trends prevailing there. Hence, the firm has decided to open an office in Finland for establishing a network in Europe that will give the firm access to the needed information. The firm feels that its does not have the capability of sustaining itself in the foreign markets in the long-term, and will be able to generate additional revenue from these activities only for the next 5 years. After that, the Finnish office will have to be closed down. The firm anticipates an initial investment of Rs.14 million. The project is expected to generate the following cash flows over the 5 years period. Year Cash flow (Finnish Marks) 1 2 3 4 5 10,00,000 20,00,000 50,00,000 50,00,000 30,00,000 These cash flows are expressed in terms of today’s money. The firm can claim depreciation in India according to the Straight Line Method. The salvage value from the project is expected to be nil. The Finnish Government does not provide any incentives for foreign investments. However, currently it is making an attempt to have better economic ties with India. Hence, it has decided to extend a loan of 50,000 marks to Krutika Designers. The loan will be at a concessional interest rate of 7%. The loan is to be repaid in 5 equal annual installments which will include the interest payments. The project will generate additional borrowing capacity of Rs.5 million for the firm. However, as the firm does not have any firm contract with the international shirt manufacturer, its domestic revenues are expected to be very volatile. Therefore, there is no surely that the firm will be able to absorb the tax benefits arising out of depreciation and additional borrowing capacity. The firm does not intend to indulge in any illegal money transfers. The current spot rate for the Finnish Mark is Rs.7.25/FM. The inflation rates in India and Finland for the next 5 years are expected to be 8% and 3% respectively. The exchange rate is expected to move in tandem with the inflation rates. Indian tax rate is 35% while Finnish tax rate is 40%. India and Finland have entered into a tax treaty whereby the earnings of the residents of one country are taxable in that country only. In India, the nominal risk-free interest rate is 11%. The same is 6% in Finland. The Indian nominal interest rate (including risk-premium) is 15%, while that in Finland is 9%. The nominal all-equity rate in India is 18%. 1. Comment on the financial viability of the project. 2. What are the different circumstances in which nominal all-equity discount rate and real all equity discount rate should be used for discounting the cash flows? Explain the rationale behind it. 3. Comment on the financial viability of the project if the firm is sure about being able to absorb the tax benefits arising out of depreciation and increased borrowing capacity. 4. Explain the concept of exchange risk and how it affects an international project. 5. How can the financial structure of a project be used to overcome repatriation restrictions? What are the additional benefits of such maneuvers?

What are the legal entities that constitute your business? Does a legal entity have a seperate Federal Tax Id? In which country does a legal entity operate? In which currency does a legal entity operate? When does each legal entity's fiscal year begin?

what are the general requirements ( legal ) to start a small bussiness like cafe in tamilnadu?

Travel is an important part of the job. 4. Do you have any restrictions on your ability to travel? 5. Do you have responsibilities or commitments that will prevent you from meeting specified work schedules? 6. Do you anticipate any absences from work on a regular basis? If so, please explain the circumstances. 7. Are you over the age of 18? If yes, how old are you? 8. Can you, after employment, provide proof of age? 9. What Specific Job Positions are you applying for? 10. Will you be able to carry out in a safe manner all job assignments necessary for this position? 11. Do you have any language abilities that would be helpful in doing this job? (Legal if language ability is directly relevant to job performance.) 12. Have you ever been convicted of _ crime? (Legal if the crime is reasonably relevant to the job; e.g. embezzlement for a banking job.) 13. Are you available for work on Saturday and Sunday if additional payment is paid to you? 14. Why did you apply for this position? 15. How do you establish a working relationship with new people? 16. Where do YOU want to be 5 years from now? 17. What salary are you seeking? 18. What is your present salary? 19. What is your greatest weakness? 20. How do YOU handle stress?

I have a backlog in Computer Graphics and unable to clear that subject since 2007. Im from JNTU hyderabad. I dont have internal marks, so im unable to clear the subject. Is there any legal way to get my degree bcos of which i cant get proper job. Please help me.

i am having interview in uco &PNB in legal manager streem ple give me some guidence and send me previous interview questions to my mail id gundepudivrs@yahoo.co.in

Following is an NSAP of IS-IS, which is legal NET (When area number is 1)? 1) 47.0001.1921.6800.3025.01 2) 0001.1921.6800.3025.00 3) 47.0001.192.168.3.25.00 4) 0001.1921.6800.3025.01

My daughter US legal Permanent resident became Pregnant required mother beside her as per Doctor suggestion being her health at stake. I applied for Visit visa for a short stay of 2months which was refused. Again reapplied with same reason, that was also refused.I am not yet ready or in a position to live permanently outside Bangladesh and certainly my husband (US Citizen) will apply for an immigration visa when I will ready to move. I have home and strong family ties and significant assets & income in my home country and a very strong reasons for return my habitual home. My son-inlaw sponsored my trip (who is also a US Citizen)wishes to finance my trip duly provide accommodation and other cost. But my re-application also refused under 214(b). Please advise what to do next for my visit? Thanks in anticiaption of guidance & suggestion,

I AM BSNL GROUP-B OFFICER.I WANT TO APPLY FOR PATTERNITY LEVE. BUT OUR ADMN SECTION REFUSING.IN THE CONDITION-MY FIRST DIVORCE WITHOUT ISSUE ON DTD LEGALLY 9-4-2009.SECOND MARRIAGE LEGALLY ON DTD 27-4-2009.MY FIRST CHILD FROM SECOND WIFE BIRTH DATE 12-8-2009 i.e. AFTER 4 MONTHS OF SECOND MARRIAGE.WHETHER I AM ELIGIBLE FOR PATTERNITY LEAVE OR NOT.PL. GIVE ME LEGAL ADVICE AT THE EARLIEST.IF POSSIBLE E-MAIL-menagotkar@yahoo.com