Topic :: Linked Genes

Linked Genes Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

Consider two linked autosomal genes. The dominant allele C of the first gene causes cataracts of the eye, whereas its recessive allele produces normal eyes. The dominant allele P causes polydactyly (an extra finger) whereas its allele (p) produces a normal number of fingers. A man with cataracts and normal fingers marries a woman with polydactyly and normal eyes. Their son has both polydactyly and cataracts and he marries a woman with neither trait. What is the probability that their first child will have cataracts and polydactyly?

Question 85 - (a) Three genes, I, J and K are available. All these genes are linked with respect to one another. If the percent recombination between I and J is 8 %, that between J and K is 10 %, and that between K and I is 18 %, what is the order of the gene? (b) Twenty six genes, a, b, c, d, e, f, ... x, y and z are available. All these genes are linked with respect to one another. If the percent recombination between a and b is 3 %, between b and c is 3 %, between c and d is 3 %, ... between w and x is 3 %, between x and y is 3 %, between y and z is 3 %, then what is the percentage recombination between b and y?

1 1730

GENETIC ENGINEERING - EXAMPLE 27.2 : (a) Three genes, I, J and K are available. All these genes are linked with respect to one another. If the percent recombination between I and J is 8 %, that between J and K is 10 %, and that between K and I is 18 %, what is the order of the gene? (b) Twenty six genes, a, b, c, d, e, f, ... x, y and z are available. All these genes are linked with respect to one another. If the percent recombination between a and b is 3 %, between b and c is 3 %, between c and d is 3 %, ... between w and x is 3 %, between x and y is 3 %, between y and z is 3 %, then what is the percentage recombination between b and y?

1 1528

Un-Answered Questions { Linked Genes }

No New Questions to Answer in this Category !!    You can

Post New Questions

Answer Questions in Different Category