1. Who among the following has been appointed the National
Security Adviser by the UPA Government ?
(a) Brajesh Mishra
(b) J. N. Daxit
(c) Soli J. Sorabjee
(d) T. K. A. Nair
Ans: ( b ) J. N. Daxit
2. Who among the following is the new Chief Minister of
(a) S. M. Krishna
(b) Uma Bharti
(c) Dharam Singh
(d) Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy
Ans: ( c ) Dharam Singh
3. Who among the following has won the Miss Universe 2004
(a) Jennifer Hawkins
(b) Shandi Finnessey
(c) Alba Reyes
(d) None of these
Ans: ( a ) Jennifer Hawkins
4. A solemn ceremony to mark the 60th Anniversary of D-Day
landings of the Allies troops during the Second World War,
was held in
(a) Pearl Harbour
(c) New York
Ans: ( b ) Normandy
5. Which of the following cricketers holds the world record
of maximum number of sixes in Tests ?
(a) Chris Carins (New Zealand)
(b) Viv Richards (West Indies)
(c) Sachin Tendulkar (India)
(d) Wasim Akram (Pakistan)
Ans: ( a ) Chris Carins (New Zealand)
6. Who among the following has been appointed the new Chief
Justice of India ?
(a) Justice Rajendra Babu
(b) Justice V. N. Khare
(c) Justice R. C. Lahoti
(d) None of these
Ans: ( c ) Justice R. C. Lahoti
7. Who among the following sports persons got the honour of
lighting the Olympic flame at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium
in New Delhi recently ?
(a) Anjali Bhagwat
(b) Abhinav Bindra
(c) Viswanathan Anand
(d) K. M. Beenamol
Ans: ( a ) Anjali Bhagwat
8. Who among the following has been appointed new chairman
of the National Commission for Farmers ?
(a) Ajit Singh
(b) K. C. Pant
(c) Dr. M. S. Swaminathan
(d) Sharad Pawar
Ans: ( c ) Dr. M. S. Swaminathan
9. Which of the following planets crossed the face of the
sun (in transit) after 122 years recently ?
Ans: ( b ) Venus
10. Which of the following countries was readmitted to the
Commonwealth recently ?
(d) None of these
Ans: ( c ) Pakistan
11. The world governing body of which of the following
sports celebrated its 100 years in existence recently ?
Ans: ( a ) Football
12. Who among the following won the men?s singles title of
the French Open 2004 ?
(a) Guillermo Coria
(b) Roger Federer
(c) Andy Roddick
(d) Gaston Gaudio
Ans: ( d ) Gaston Gaudio
13. Who is India?s first Woman Grand Master in Chess ?
(a) Aarthie Ramaswamy
(b) Koneru Humpy
(c) S. Meenakshi
(d) S. Vijayalakshmi
Ans: ( b ) Koneru Humpy
14. The age of a tree can be determined by
(a) Measuring its height
(b) Measuring its diameter
(c) Analyzing its sap
(d) Counting the annual growth rings of its stem
Ans: ( d ) Counting the annual growth rings of its stem
15. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
(a) The Rocky : North America
(b) The Andes : South America
(c) The Alps : Europe
(d) The Ural : Africa
Ans: ( d ) The Ural : Africa
16. Which of the following pairs is correctly matched ?
(a) ?Purna Swaraj? Resolution : 1929
(b) Martyrdom of Sardar Bhagat Singh : 1931
(c) Formation of the Congress Socialist Party: 1939
(d) Simla Confeence : 1940
Ans: ( b ) Martyrdom of Sardar Bhagat Singh : 1931
17. The Lingaraja Temple built during the medieval period is at
(d) Mount Abu
Ans: ( a ) Bhubaneswar
18. Which one of the following is essentially a solo dance ?
Ans: ( d ) Mohiniattam
19. The deepest oceanic trench ?Mariana? is located in
(a) Atlantic Ocean
(b) Arctic Ocean
(c) Pacific Ocean
(d) Indian Ocean
Ans: ( c ) Pacific Ocean
20. Although fog consists of fine drops of water, we cannot
see clearly through it because
(a) The light rays undergo total internal reflection in the
(b) Fine drops of water in fog polarize the light
(c) The fine drops are opaque to the light
(d) The drops scatter most of the light
Ans: ( d ) The drops scatter most of the light
21. During the Mughal period, which one of the following
were the first to come to India as traders ?
Ans: ( a ) Portuguese
22. Who among the following Delhi Sultans is known for
introducing market control mechanism ?
(c) Alauddin Khalji
(d) Firoze Tughlaq
Ans: ( c ) Alauddin Khalji
23. Which one of the following mountain peaks of the
Himalayas is NOT in India ?
(b) Nanda Devi
(c) Mt. Kamet
Ans: ( a ) Annapurna
24. A rift valley is formed mainly due to
(a) The forces of tension in the earth?s crust
(b) The subsidence of the floor of a river valley
(c) The valley formed after the formation of fold mountains
(d) The deepening of a valley by ice action
Ans: ( a ) The forces of tension in the earth?s crust
25. Who is the author of the book, ?The Man Who Divided India? ?
(a) Arun Shourie
(b) Dominique Lapierre
(c) Rafiq Zakaria
(d) Salman Rushdie
Ans: ( c ) Rafiq Zakaria
Please Help Members By Posting Answers For Below Questions
how can i qualify GA?????????
on whose advice president can dissolve lok sabha
please send rrb assistant station master model question
Sir,I am rajkumar..I can completed b.tech with it branch i
can apply for entrance exan ONGC graduation daharadun.In
this exam sep 18.Its ok but iknow doubt sir...in this exam
1)general awarness butgeneral awareness and knowlege it same
and how prepare general awareness ongc exam ....ple guid me
sir send email email@example.com what books
can be prepare tell fast sir..send me...
how to do the sampling for inspection?
i m selected in boi i m from arts with english so that i
want guidance about interview
i am sandeep from rajasthan. i am selected for sbi clerk
interview .my interview is on 6 th may so please send me
interview questions and answers on my id -
Dear Sir, We had buyed machine from Delhi we had pad CST but
we were not aware to entry tax (2006-200)7 we had issue a
notice to pay entry tax with penalty our bill amount is
735649 so please let us now how total amount we have to pay.
what is 7pcses inspection as per jc peney?
List of Finance secretaries of India
Pls send me general knowledge question for State bank of
india Clerks Interview.
Can anyone tell me regarding written test of KAS exam?
Ambiguity for me in this case is, do we need to write
answers of 3 or 4 pages ?
And can any one tell me what kinds of questions(few
examples) we will get for general exams??
What abt question in indian oil
What is the difference between deemed university & other
university eg. DY Patil university (pune) & pune university
please give name of institutes which gives diploma for life experience in india