There are 25 horses and five tracks. There is no stop clock
and we have to find the top 5 horses in the bunch. What is
the minimum possible races ?
Answer Posted / niraj singh
Answer = 10 races ....
Divide the horses in 5 group a,b,c,d,e. Since there are 5 tracks and assuming only one horse can run on one track hence one group of 5 can run at a time
1. Make each group race once and mark the position of each horse in the group as 1,2,3,4,5. So we have total of 5 races in this way.
2. Take the top horses of all the groups and make them run. The winner of this race is fastest horse of all. Promote the second horse of the winner group to 1. This constitute of 6th race.
3. Now take the first of all groups and do a race. This gives you horse for 2nd position. Again promote the next horse from the winner group. This constitutes of 7th race.
4. Now take the first of all groups and do a race. This gives you horse for 3rd position. Again promote the next horse from the winner group. This constitutes of 8th race.
5. Now take the first of all groups and do a race. This gives you horse for 4th position. Again promote the next horse from the winner group. This constitutes of 9th race.
6. Now take the first of all groups and do a race. This gives you horse for 5th position. Again promote the next horse from the winner group. This constitutes of 10th race.
So total of ten races is required to find the top 5 horses
|Is This Answer Correct ?||41 Yes||17 No|
IDear sir, I have had a data containing of 4 numbers on daily basis for which I would like to know what is the next comming 4 numbers. Based on that data I would like to find out the next comming numbers. Support needed. regards chandramohan gudivada 09849974512 firstname.lastname@example.org Example : 4513, 4132, 1465, 2941, 1762, 1432, 3412, 5283, 7261, 2643, 4751, 2581, 6513 .... and what is the next number in the sequence?
Three members are hunting in a forest.While crossing a streem cartridges of two of them gets wetted up.Then the third person decides his cartidges equally. After 4 shots of each person, total cartridges remaining are equal to what each had initially after sharing.How many total cartridges they initially they shared?
In a soap company a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as crap. At the end of the day u have 251 such scraps. From that how many soaps can be manufactured?
foot is related to man in the same way hoof is related to...........
At 6o'clock ,a watch strokes 6 times.The time between first and last is 30secs.At midnight 12o' clock how much time for all strokes?
4_4_4_4=22 use all sign of maths
Wo kay chej hi jo saal may 1 baar aata hai months may 2 baar aata hai weeks may 4 baar aata hai or din may 6 baar
plz send me aptitude test questions on my email id email@example.com
sir i need catholic syrian bank previous question papers fully. it will be helpful for me to greater extend .please do the needful to me.
P pages read in d mins after day p+1 pages read in d+1 mins last day 379 pages done in 317 mins find p+4
how soon can you travel down to start your new job?
Three neighbours are there. 1st one lends 2nd and 3rd that many no.of tractors that then already each had.After few months , 2nd lends to 1st and 3rd that many tractors then they had. After a few months 3rd lends to 1st and 2nd that many tractors then they had.Now each of them got 24. Find howmany they had initially?
There is puzzle with the word "CONSTANTINE" and exactly don't know the question if anybody knows the Q&A plz send it firstname.lastname@example.org
4 cards are placed on a table, each card has two colors. U don't know the color of the back side of eachcard.4 persons A B C and D are sitting on the table before the cards. They can see Red, Green Red and blue.Out of the 4 poeple 2 always lie. They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comment A: Yello/green B: Neither Blue/nor Green c: Blue/Yello D: Blue/ Yello find out the color on the other side of the 4 cards. No. of animals is 11 more than the no. of birds. If the no. of birds were the no. of animals and no. of animals were the no. of birds( ie., interchanging no.s of animals and birds.), the total no. of legs get reduced by one fifth (1/5). How many no. of birds and animals were there?
Ship is 180 miles away from shore. At that time a plane started from shore to pass some information to the ship with 10 times velocity of ship's velocity. At what distance from shore they will meat?