Topic :: Extinction

Extinction Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

How the value of Absorbance and molar extinction coefficient are caluculated?

Panacea,

2 9210

How much is the molar extinction coefficient of methylene blue at wavelenght 664 nm? Are molar extinction coefficient depend on concentration of solution?

Indfrag Limited,

3 24648

What are the responsible factors for extinction of flora and fauna ?

CAT,

3 11434

Calculate the molar extinction coefficient of a solution containing 5 *10-4 g litre-1 of a biomolecule, molecular weight 275 g mol-1, and absorbance 0.75 in a 1.2 cm cuvette.

what is the extinction coefficient for Indomethacin or at 319nm wave length.

GSK GlaxoSmithKline,

Question 90 - In the calculation of the growth of bacteria, absorbance, A in spectrophotometry is used. According to Beer-Lambert Law, A = e x l x c where A is the absorbance of the solution (no unit), l is the distance of light travels through the solution (in cm), e is the molar absorptivity or the molar extinction coefficient [ in L / (mol.cm) ]. For a particular solute and fixed path length : As / Ao = Cs / Co where Ao is the observed signal for a known concentration Co, and As is the observed signal for a sample concentration Cs. (a) For a cell concentration of 560 cells / mL, a spectrophotometre gives an absorbance reading of 1.0. A mixture of concentration 3600000 cells / mL can be diluted in several operations, with each operation having a dilution of 1:20. How many dilutions should be made so that the concentration of this mixture can be calculated within a range of A = 0.0 to 1.0. (b) In another experiment, a sample tube of 1 cm in width is used. Let A = 0.06 and e = 0.0012 ml / (cell.cm). Find the cell concentration of the sample.

1 1587

Question 91 - In the application of Theory of Spectrometry in spectrophotometer, let n = N x C x V, V = A x t, e = a x N where n = number of molecules, N = Avogadro's number, V = volume of cuvette, A = area of cuvette, t = thickness of cuvette, C = concentration of fluid in the cuvette, e = extinction coefficient, a = effective area of molecule. (a) By using calculus in dI = -I x a x N x C x dt, prove that ln (I / Io) = -a x N x C x t, where dI is the small difference in I and dt is the small difference in t. I = intensity of light. Io = initial intensity of light. (b) Show by calculations that ln (Io / I) = e x C x t based on the answer in the previous question (a). (c) Find the equation of log (Io / I) as a function of e, C and t based on the answer in the previous question (b).

1 1645

MICROBIOLOGICAL ENGINEERING - QUESTION 28.3 : In the calculation of the growth of bacteria, absorbance, A in spectrophotometry is used. According to Beer-Lambert Law, A = e x l x c where A is the absorbance of the solution (no unit), l is the distance of light travels through the solution (in cm), e is the molar absorptivity or the molar extinction coefficient [ in L / (mol.cm) ]. For a particular solute and fixed path length : As / Ao = Cs / Co where Ao is the observed signal for a known concentration Co, and As is the observed signal for a sample concentration Cs. (a) For a cell concentration of 560 cells / mL, a spectrophotometre gives an absorbance reading of 1.0. A mixture of concentration 3600000 cells / mL can be diluted in several operations, with each operation having a dilution of 1:20. How many dilutions should be made so that the concentration of this mixture can be calculated within a range of A = 0.0 to 1.0. (b) In another experiment, a sample tube of 1 cm in width is used. Let A = 0.06 and e = 0.0012 ml / (cell.cm). Find the cell concentration of the sample.

1 1732

BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING INSTRUMENTATION - EXAMPLE 29.1 : In the application of Theory of Spectrometry in spectrophotometer, let n = N x C x V, V = A x t, e = a x N where n = number of molecules, N = Avogadro's number, V = volume of cuvette, A = area of cuvette, t = thickness of cuvette, C = concentration of fluid in the cuvette, e = extinction coefficient, a = effective area of molecule. (a) By using calculus in dI = -I x a x N x C x dt, prove that ln (I / Io) = -a x N x C x t, where dI is the small difference in I and dt is the small difference in t. I = intensity of light. Io = initial intensity of light. (b) Show by calculations that ln (Io / I) = e x C x t based on the answer in the previous question (a). (c) Find the equation of log (Io / I) as a function of e, C and t based on the answer in the previous question (b).

1 1470

What is the name of the deer which is on th everge of extinction?

What is the name of the deer which is on the averge of extinction?