what are the various PHP Script Optimization techniques?
Answer / -=pkg=-
1. If a method can be static, declare it static. Speed
improvement is by a factor of 4.
2. Avoid magic like __get, __set, __autoload
3. require_once() is expensive
4. Use full paths in includes and requires, less time spent
on resolving the OS paths.
5. If you need to find out the time when the script started
executing, $_SERVER[’REQUEST_TIME’] is preferred to time()
6. See if you can use strncasecmp, strpbrk and stripos
instead of regex
7. str_replace is faster than preg_replace, but strtr is
faster than str_replace by a factor of 4
8. If the function, such as string replacement function,
accepts both arrays and single characters as arguments, and
if your argument list is not too long, consider writing a
few redundant replacement statements, passing one character
at a time, instead of one line of code that accepts arrays
as search and replace arguments.
9. Error suppression with @ is very slow.
10. $row[’id’] is 7 times faster than $row[id]
11. Error messages are expensive
12. Do not use functions inside of for loop, such as for
($x=0; $x < count($array); $x) The count() function gets
called each time.
|Is This Answer Correct ?||10 Yes||1 No|
Write logic to print Floyd's triangle in PHP?
What is the purpose of the following files having extensions: frm, myd, and myi? What these files contain?
describe arguments in header in php?
How is it possible to cast types in php?
How can we determine whether a php variable is an instantiated object of a certain class?
How to pass an argument to a function?
What is trim function in php?
How many ways are there for passing variables between pages in PHP and what are they ?
What are the difference between abstract class and interface in oops?
Design a class that should always return a single object ?
Explain about error handling in php?
Is it possible to extend the execution time of a php script?