school days are the days of learning.We learn many things
in school like doing friendship with people enjoying and
studying.......Those days cannot be forget when we think of
it now also we feel very happy after a long time......but
the only thing is we feel happy but we cannot get it
back....really the school days are very good and the
moments which is spended with friendz are unforgetable.....
Every persons carrier started from that stage itself.That's
why we thought it as a great memorable in my life was school
age.Because,at that stage we don't have any kind of ego's
and ignores.It was the major step to build our carrier in
the right path.Myself,I came from the school named as XXXX.I
learned a lot from my school along with my friends.We are
having the all kind of things in our school.Those will be
useful to makes us happy and strong.Our school was the one
of the biggest school of having huge space for the ground
and comfortable places for class rooms.It looks like a green
from the topper view.Because,full of the space was covered
by the green trees.I love my school and i don't forget it
Admit it, school can be irritating and boring but when you
leave it you wish you were still there. </3
YES, we have bad days and good days. But the thing is school
is for us to "learn", discover, explore and interact with
Without school we would all be dumb chickens.
School isn't your enemy!
"Life is like a roller coaster you either enjoy it or scream it"
"Life is like a piano, it goes the way you play it <3"
In every one life school days are the best days,we cant
forget those days in our life.In school days we learn lots
of things like friend ship,how to build our carrier.we came
to know that with whom we can do friend ship n whom we
no words are there to say happiness of my school days becoz
i studied at APSWR School . all of us call them as GURUKULAs
there i learnt many rhings .school itself moulds the people
who came to there beacame as a professionals really one
thing i want to say .. in school days there is no
selfishness among the students,they move with friends with
out any selfishness ..but .. in the later studies i found
selfishness among the students who are friends also...
simply my school dayz are most memorable .. when i started
to remember the school days its give a lot of happiness i
wont express in words
my school life is an important part of my life since i
liked studing and learning new things so much. therefore i
passed every day of it happily. i gained miriyad things in
school such as how to read, speak, commiunicate, do
friendship. to be honest with you, i made lasting
friendships with a web of my classmates. Moreover, each
time i see them certainly we remine those time and our
golden memories and talking about those.
Unforgettable days... Those are the days we will learn how
to Put the girls in love, rage them and they will also rage
us. Getting beating and sclodings from our teachers and
parents for not studing properlly. Those were the amaizing
days in my life.......
1. “Why do you want to work here?”
2. “Tell me about yourself.”
3. “What is the biggest challenge you have faced in work in the past 12 months?”
4. “What do you know about the centre/company/role?”
5. “Why do you want this job?”
6. “How would your team/manager describe you?”
7. “What is your biggest achievement?”
8. “Can you give me an example of… ?”
9. “What have you done to promote great customer service?”
10. “What are the key factors which make a successful call centre?”
11. “How do you manage change?”
12. “What was your reason for leaving?”
13. “Give me an example of how you have dealt with an under-performing team member in the past.”
14. Within the interview process you may be required to perform a role-play. A popular example of this is being asked to role-play an escalated call with an unhappy customer.
15. “Can you give me an example of a time when you had to motivate and develop a team in a challenging work environment?”
16. “What are your strengths and weaknesses?”
17. Give an example of this behaviour
18. “Can you give me an example of a particularly difficult customer you had to deal with and how you used your skills to successfully overcome the problem they had?”
19. “Describe how you have brought about business change through use of technology and process re-engineering, describing what particular techniques you have employed, e.g. 6 sigma, lean management, etc.”
20. “Tell me about a difficult obstacle you had to overcome recently at work? How did you overcome this?”
21. “Please tell me about a situation where someone was performing badly in your team.”
22. “What was the situation?”
23. “How did you deal with it?”
24. “What was the outcome?”
25. “How do you plan daily and weekly activities?”
26. “Please tell me about an occasion when you had to analyse a large amount of complex information which led to you identifying an improvement in service delivery or cost.”
27. “Please outline and describe your current targets and KPIs – How do you ensure you achieve these?”
28. “How do you ensure that your department’s goals are in line with the overall company goals?”
29. “Describe a situation in which you inspired trust and respect in your team.”
30. “How did you recognise the level of trust or respect your team held for you and how did you ensure this continued?”
31. “Discuss your current role and your reasons for applying to the organisation.”
32. “What is your greatest success and achievement to date?”
33. “How would you measure the success of you and your team over a 3, 6 and 12 month period?”
34. “If successful in joining the organisation, what do you envisage your biggest challenge will be in joining it as a sales team leader?”
35. “How would you manage your time and objectives in your role?”
36. “How do you keep yourself motivated?”
37. “What key factors drive you?”
38. “What attracts you to the position?”
39. “How often do you challenge the way your current company does things or challenge something that you feel needs to change?”
40. “How creative are you in comparison to your colleagues, i.e. in managing, developing, encouraging and motivating your team?”
41. “How do you measure the success of your incentives?”
42. “How have you utilised customer feedback to ensure business excellence?”
43. “How have you utilised customer complaint feedback to improve how your team are selling?”
44. “What is your experience of the whole end-to-end feedback process (talk through this process) and how do you ensure this feedback improves the service to customers?”
45. “How have you educated your front-line agents to ensure excellent customer feedback?”
46. “Give an example of when you have been really stretched for a deadline, and how you made sure you completed your work on time.”
47. “How do you manage time and priorities?”
48. “Give an example of an occasion where you have given constructive criticism to a member of your peer group.”
49. “Give an example of a time when things happened in work to dampen your enthusiasm. How did you motivate yourself and your team?”
50. “How do you deal with work issues? Would anyone know you were having a bad day or would you keep it to yourself?”
51. “Beyond the new role and the next five years, what is the bigger career plan?”
52. “What is the highest level job you expect to hold in your career?”
53. What are your career goals for Assistant manager?
54. What is your greatest weakness for Assistant manager?
55. What are top 3 knowledge/top 3 skills for Assistant manager position?
56. Why do you want to become a Team Leader or Why should we hire you for this position?
57. What are your long-range career objectives, and what steps have?