This meter is used to measure the value in bi-directional
transmission lines.As the meter is 4 quadrant capable, it
gives forward, reverse and net readings.The meter should
deliver same accuracy of measurement irrespective to the
A four quadrant metering system is the metering of bi-
directional energy flow. The system must be able to meter
leading and lagging reactive energy (varh) for import
active energy (Wh) and leading and lagging reactive energy
(varh) for export active energy (Wh).
It is Metering system which is used to measure Real &
Reactive Power and Energy. It is capable of measuring in
all Quadrants of Power i.e. for all possible combinations
of real & reactive Power Metering +P, -P, +Q and -Q in P-Q
(Real-Reactive) axis system
Four quadrant is a bidirectional metering system which is
capable of measuring power as below:
1. Active import while reactive import (PF lag)
2. Active import while reactive export (PF lead)
3. Active Export while reactive import (PF Lag)
4. Active export while reactive export (PF lead)
what is a diffrence between MCCB, RCCB, MCB, & ELCB ?
what is rated current e.g. on motor name plate indicated
that is rated curent?
what is full load current?
If we run D.C. motor with mechanical coupling and we measure
voltage on terminal it shows voltage or not ? same in AC
also possible ?
21. What is the purpose of taking Capacitance and Tan Delta
22. What are the protections to be used for Generator?
23. Draw the vector diagram and condition for the
following: 1) Dyn1
2) Ynd0 3) YnYn0
24. What happens when the polarity changes in CT? Explain
25. Explain the Term in CT Name Plate – Class: 5P10