i)Supply voltage is VL/root3 but supply current
i)supply voltage is VL=Vph but supply current
Both supply used in speed control of induction motor.
Transmission point of viwe delta is better.
Application point of viwe star is better.
1. It is a setup where in one end of each phase is
connected together so as to form a neutral.
2. It is used for variable loadings
3. The line current = Phase current
4. The Line voltage = sqrt(3)* Phase volatge.
1. It is a setup where in one end of one phase is joined to
starting end of another end so a ring is completed.
2. It is used for balanced loads.
3. There is no neutral in here
4. Line current = sqrt(3)*phase current
5. Line voltage = phase voltage.
line volt- voltage taken from two live wire= voltage taken
from one live neural connection
IN STAR CONNECTION THE LINE CURRENT EQUAL TO THE PHASE
CURRENT AND LINE VOLTAGE GREATER THAN PHASE VOLTAGE ,
VPH=VL/ROOT3 AND IN DELTA CONNECTION THE LINE CURRENT
GREATER THAN PHASE CURRENT , IL=IPH X ROOT3 AND LINE
VOLTAGE IS EQUAL TO PHASE VOLTAGE AND FINALLY BOTH
CONNECTIONS ARE VERY USEFUL IN THE 3 PHASE SYSTEM.
When geneartor is running in poor lagging side power factor
its excitation current increases then it is running in
improved lagging side.Kindly tell me when gen is running in
leading side what will happen