In acolony there are some families. Each of them have
children butdifferent in numbers.Following are conditions
a> no of adult>no of sons>no of daughters>no of families.
b>each sister must have atleast one brother and should
have at the most 1 sister.
c> no of children in one family exceeds the sum of no of
children in the rest families.
Tell the no of families?
1. Find min value of fn: |-5-x| + |2-x|+|6-x|+10-x|; where x
is an integer
a)0 b)17 c)23 d)19
2. units digit in expansion os 2 raised to 51 is:
a)2 b)4 c)6 d)8
3. 2 men at same tym start walking towards each other from A
n B 72 kms apart. sp of A is 4kmph. Sp of B is 2 kmph in 1st
hr, 2.5 in 2nd, 3 in rd. n so on..when will they meet
i) in 7 hrs ii) at 35 kms from A iii) in 10 hrs
4. (8*76+19*?-60) / (?*7*12+3-52)=1
a)5 b)2 c)1 d)3
5. 45 grinders brought @ 2215/-.transport expense
2190/-.2760/- on octroi. Find SP/piece to make profit of 20%
a)2585 b)2225 c)2670 d)3325
6. In a 2 digit no unit's place is halved and tens place is
doubled. diff bet the nos is 37. digit in unit's place is 2
more than tens place.
a)24 b)46 c)42 d)none
7. if x-y + z = 19, y + z =20, x-z=3, find d value of x+4y-5z
a)22 b)38 c)17 d)none
8. Find approx value of 39.987/0.8102+1.987*18.02
a)72 b)56 c)86 d)44
9. If the ratio of prod of 3 diff comp's A B & C is 4:7:5
and of overall prod last yr was 4lac tones and if each comp
had an increase of 20% in prod level this yr what is the
prod of Comp B this yr?
a)2.1L b)22.1L c)4.1L d)none
10. If 70% of a no. is subtracted from itself it reduces to
81. what is two fifth of that no.?
a)108 b)54 c)210 d)none
11. If a certain sum of money at SI doubles itself in 5 yrs
then what is d rate?
a)5% b)20% c)25% d)14.8%
12. If radius of cylinder and sphere r same and vol of
sphere and cylinder r same what is d ratio betn the radius
and height of the cylinder
i. R= H ii. R= (3/4)H iii. R = (4/3)H iv. R=2/3H
13. Which one of the foll fractions is arranged in ascending
i. 9/11, 7/9, 11/13, 13/14
ii 7/8, 9/11, 11/13, 13/14
iii 9/11, 11/13, 7/8, 13/14
14. A is 4 yrs old and B is thrice A>when A is 12 yrs, how
old will B be?
a)16 b)20 c)24 d)28
15. Boat goes downstream from P to Q in 2hrs, upstream in
6hrs and if speed of stream was ? of boat in still water.
Find dist PQ
a)6 b)4 c)10 d)none
16. Fresh Grapes contain 90% water by wt. Dried grapes
contain 20% water by %age. What will b wt of dried grapes
when we begin with 20 kg fresh grapes?
a)2kg b) 2.4kg c) 2.5kg d)none http://www.TowardsJob.com
17. How many 5 digit no. can b formed wit digits 1, 2,
3,4,5,6 which r divisible by 4 and digits not repeated
a)144 b) 168 c) 192 d) none
18. Asish was given Rs. 158 in denominations of Rs 1 each.
He distributes these in diff bags, such that ne sum of money
of denomination betn 1 and 158 can be given in bags. The min
no. of such bags reqd
a)10 b) 17 c) 15 d) none
19.There is a rectangular Garden whose length and width are
60m X 20m. There is a walkway of uniform width around
garden. Area of walkway is 516m^2. Find width of walkway
a)1 b)2 c)3 d)4
20. In a race from pt. X to pt Y and back, Jack averages 0
miles/hr to pt Y and 10 miles/hr back to pr X.Sandy averages
20 miles/hr in both directions. If Jack and Sandy start race
at same tym, who'll finish 1st?
a)Jack b)Sandy c)they tie d)Impossible to tell
21. A man engaged a servant on a condition that he'll pay Rs
90 and also give him a bag at the end of the yr. He served
for 9 months and was given a turban and Rs 65. So the price
of turban is
i. Rs 10 2) 19 3) 0 4) 55
22. Three wheels make 36, 24, 60 rev/min. Each has a black
mark on it. It is aligned at the start of the qn. When does
it align again for the first tym?
a14 b)20 c)22 d)5 sec
23. If 1= (3/4)(1+ (y/x) ) then
i. x=3y ii. x=y/3 iii. x=(2/3)y iv. none
24. The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the
average of the nos.?
i. 147 ii. 148 iii. 149 iv. 146
i. 8 ii. 6 iii. 4 iv. none
A man engaged a servant on a condn that he’ll pay Rs 90 and
also give him a bag at the end of the yr. He served for 9
months and was given a turban and Rs 65. So the price of
turban is i. Rs :
10 19 0 55