constituents of foods are-
fat-source of energy
carbohydrates-source of energy too.Also known as energy
lipids also comes in this category.
proteins -helps of body to grow,necessary in childhood to
fiber-makes good digestion of our food.
minerals-useful in development of some parts of our body as
The different constituents of food are;
these are reqired for the growth & repairs of the body.
if these are not present in our diet,we may get various
1. carbohydrates-body's key source of energy.
2. proteins-powerful compounds that build and repair
tissues, from hair, finger nails to muscles.they also serve
as chemical messengers that fight infections and transport
oxygen from the lungs to the body tissues.
3. lipids(fats)-builds the membranes that surrounds body
cells.source of heat and energy, because some of the excess
glucose is converted to fat.
4. vitamins-necessary for maintenance of good health and
5. minerals- these are trace elements.e.g iron for formation
of hemoglobin,calcium for strong bones and teeth etc.
6 fiber- needed to keep digestive food healthy.