The Advantage and disadvantage of Hub is as follows:
1)A hub is used to internal connectivity between systems.
2)A hub has minimum 4 ports and cannot accomodate for big
3)A console port is not available in Hub and so the Band
width provided by ISP is divided unequally among network
and could gain slow access to Internet.(DisAdvantage)
A Hub is old device and it is non intelligent device
which can send the packets from one system to all other
system , and other system gets the copied of that packets
Because it doesn't read the Mac Address
so there fore it is called non intelligent device
But Switch is new Technology
It can read the Mac Address
First It broadcast
But after that it unicast
when we send the packets it goes through to the ports
Thanks (Amjad khan Ahmadzai)
if u face any problem u can send in this email
i would like to say sir right now i have done hard/w
networkig course ad doing a job as ATE engineer from CMS
computer .Ltd so what r doing for future career ,which
course is good ,&where is more opportunity plz tell me
detils sir i m dialma??
1. What is the difference between layer 2 and layer 3
in the OSI model?
2. What is the difference between a hub, switch, and
3. What is a VLAN?
4. What is the difference between TCP and UDP?
5. How do you distinguish a DNS problem from a network
6. What is a runt, Giant, and collision?
7. What is a broadcast storm?
8. What is the purpose of VRRP?
9. What is a VPN?
10. What information about a peer would I need to
establish a VPN?
11. What is a full-class C in CIDR notation?
12. What is a default route?
13. What is a metric?
14. What is a MAC address?
15. What is ARP/RARP?
16. Describe a TCP connection sequence
17. What is MTU?
18. What other TCP setting can you modify besides MTU
to shorten packets?