HY i am krishana from jaipur. If anyone be a fresher and he
don't know interview tips. I can say to him that Your first
step can be this.
1. Make a good CV'
2. Improvement your thoughts.
3. Have all information about interview skills according
field. If you are going in a bpo company you should have be
all information of bpo and u r going in software company u
have information of all programming language and all data
4. Don't stress ourself
1. Prepare a fine resume. Never keep any false
information in it.
2. Keep copies of all your certificates. Also keep
supporting documents if you mention any experience.
3. Search in the internet about the company and get
some information about them. Especially the new projects of
that company. So you could answer them if you are asked to
explain about their company
4. Home work is a must.
5. It is important to wear a formal dress and a tie.
Better to wear a blazer too. Never forget to polish your
shoes. Let the color of your shoes and belt matching. Make
sure that your perfumes will not irritate others.
6. The first question you might face is to tell about
yourself. This is to give an idea about you and about the
communication skills that you have. Keep a tone and flow
in your language.
7. Answer to the right question. Your sentences should
be open ended. Try to create a friendly atmosphere.
8. Hear the question first and answer to that. Don’t
interfere while they are talking.
9. Keep an Eye contact with a pleasing smile and
confidence in your words.
10. Ask them about the salary and facilities that you
will get if you are hired.
11. Before conclusion you should make sure that you
succeed in convincing them about the contributions that you
could give them if you are hired.
For professional jobs, you must be prepared with the
technical side as there will be minimum three or four round
interview or there will be more than 1 interviewer.
Special tip: Let me tell you one thing. The person who
interviews you will be having same tension that you have.
And just think that the interviewer has no good
communication skills like you have. This will minimize your
Never start the conversation with “Well”. And
avoid “fillers” like “you know”, “ummm”. But maintain a
This is upon my experience. Wish you all the very best.
1.Be more confidence
2.your dress and grooming is very important one.
3.Develop your communication skills & interviewal skills.
4.Be truthful & dont tell lie.
5.Make a good c.v. and it should contains all necessary
details about you.
6.Be passion and bold.
7.Try to avoid the usage of more perfumes.
8.All the very best for your bright and colour full carrer
what ever you had seen above know is all common today.but
try to be different from all others what they
have.understand my point?ok ..here are some tips which you
can follow blindly
1.first of all you query about the company which you are
2.then write down the points inthe paper
3.he/she should prepare a cv/resume in a good and
4.the dress code is formal dress and the shoes must be very
dark,if possible were a TIE.
5.give your all certificates in the good file.this shows
how good you rae at maintaining.
6.be cool.dont be tentious.there will be no one whom you
can remember.so dont be fear.
thats all .
Its very important to have a home work.
Then main area of concentrations shuld be on,
1. RESUME- Preapre a resume which contains only needed
genuine informations. Avoid unwanted topics from the resume
sothat we can eacape from complecated question.(eg.
hobbies, strength etc)
2. DRESSING- it sholud be in the typical Fomal way (Full
sleeves plain light shade shirt and fomal pleated trouser)
3.GROOMING- Cut and keep your hair properly, shaving is must
4.INTRODUCTION- Well prepared and organized, keep a
structured pattern of delivering information like, place of
living, Graduation first, then post graduation, then
experience. Say little about the family and the at the end
og the information say " thats little about me".
5. BODY LANGUAGE- Keep eyecontact, body postures, justures,
peer to peer talk.
AS AM A FRESHER FROM THANJAVUR I DONT KNOW HOW TO TELL
ABOUT MY SELF ON INTERVIEW SESSION , GIVE SOME TIPS FOR
THAT AND WHAT ARE THE MAIN CONTENTS ARE SPECIFIED IN SELF
INTRODUCTION PLS SAY THAT
1. “Why do you want to work here?”
2. “Tell me about yourself.”
3. “What is the biggest challenge you have faced in work in the past 12 months?”
4. “What do you know about the centre/company/role?”
5. “Why do you want this job?”
6. “How would your team/manager describe you?”
7. “What is your biggest achievement?”
8. “Can you give me an example of… ?”
9. “What have you done to promote great customer service?”
10. “What are the key factors which make a successful call centre?”
11. “How do you manage change?”
12. “What was your reason for leaving?”
13. “Give me an example of how you have dealt with an under-performing team member in the past.”
14. Within the interview process you may be required to perform a role-play. A popular example of this is being asked to role-play an escalated call with an unhappy customer.
15. “Can you give me an example of a time when you had to motivate and develop a team in a challenging work environment?”
16. “What are your strengths and weaknesses?”
17. Give an example of this behaviour
18. “Can you give me an example of a particularly difficult customer you had to deal with and how you used your skills to successfully overcome the problem they had?”
19. “Describe how you have brought about business change through use of technology and process re-engineering, describing what particular techniques you have employed, e.g. 6 sigma, lean management, etc.”
20. “Tell me about a difficult obstacle you had to overcome recently at work? How did you overcome this?”
21. “Please tell me about a situation where someone was performing badly in your team.”
22. “What was the situation?”
23. “How did you deal with it?”
24. “What was the outcome?”
25. “How do you plan daily and weekly activities?”
26. “Please tell me about an occasion when you had to analyse a large amount of complex information which led to you identifying an improvement in service delivery or cost.”
27. “Please outline and describe your current targets and KPIs – How do you ensure you achieve these?”
28. “How do you ensure that your department’s goals are in line with the overall company goals?”
29. “Describe a situation in which you inspired trust and respect in your team.”
30. “How did you recognise the level of trust or respect your team held for you and how did you ensure this continued?”
31. “Discuss your current role and your reasons for applying to the organisation.”
32. “What is your greatest success and achievement to date?”
33. “How would you measure the success of you and your team over a 3, 6 and 12 month period?”
34. “If successful in joining the organisation, what do you envisage your biggest challenge will be in joining it as a sales team leader?”
35. “How would you manage your time and objectives in your role?”
36. “How do you keep yourself motivated?”
37. “What key factors drive you?”
38. “What attracts you to the position?”
39. “How often do you challenge the way your current company does things or challenge something that you feel needs to change?”
40. “How creative are you in comparison to your colleagues, i.e. in managing, developing, encouraging and motivating your team?”
41. “How do you measure the success of your incentives?”
42. “How have you utilised customer feedback to ensure business excellence?”
43. “How have you utilised customer complaint feedback to improve how your team are selling?”
44. “What is your experience of the whole end-to-end feedback process (talk through this process) and how do you ensure this feedback improves the service to customers?”
45. “How have you educated your front-line agents to ensure excellent customer feedback?”
46. “Give an example of when you have been really stretched for a deadline, and how you made sure you completed your work on time.”
47. “How do you manage time and priorities?”
48. “Give an example of an occasion where you have given constructive criticism to a member of your peer group.”
49. “Give an example of a time when things happened in work to dampen your enthusiasm. How did you motivate yourself and your team?”
50. “How do you deal with work issues? Would anyone know you were having a bad day or would you keep it to yourself?”
51. “Beyond the new role and the next five years, what is the bigger career plan?”
52. “What is the highest level job you expect to hold in your career?”
53. What are your career goals for Assistant manager?
54. What is your greatest weakness for Assistant manager?
55. What are top 3 knowledge/top 3 skills for Assistant manager position?
56. Why do you want to become a Team Leader or Why should we hire you for this position?
57. What are your long-range career objectives, and what steps have?