Why was Dr.M.S.Swaminathan in the news recently?
1 He will be the Chairman of National Commission for farmers.
2 He will be the Special Advisor to the Prime Minister
3 He will be our permanent representative to the UN
4 None of these
. Which of the following statements regarding the
Constituent Assembly are true?
1. It was not based on adult franchise.
2. It resulted from direct elections.
3. It was a multi-party body.
4. It worked through several committees.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 1 and 4
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
The conflict between Fundamental Rights and directive
Principles arises because of
(1) Written Constitution
(2) Judiciary hopes to fill in the political vaccum
(3) Social unrest and economic discontent
(4) Absence of leaders with foresight
The President should:
(a) be a member of either House of parliament
(b) not be a member of either House of parliament
(c) be elected to the parliament within six months of his
(d) The Constitution is silent on the issue of his being
member of any House of the Parliament