Product is a company that releases Hardware, Middleware,
Operating system, Languages, Tools etc are becomes the
product. They develop the products for global clients i.e.
there are no specific clients for them. Here the
requirements are gathered from market and analyze that with
some experts and start to develop the product. After
developing the products they try to market it as a solution.
Here the end users are more than one. Product development is
never ending process and customization is possible.
Project is finding solution to a particular problem to a
particular client. It depends on the product. By using the
products like Hardware, Middleware, Operating system,
Languages and Tools only we will develop a project. Here the
requirements are gathered from the client and analyze with
that client and start to develop the project. Here the end
user is one.
project means specific custumer requirements. For example we
take trinethra super market application. it is a application.
product means overall requirements in the market it is a
readymade tool.anybody can use this product but application
only use who give the requirements from client.
project:if a s/w is developed for specific customer with
respect to their requirements then that s/w is called as
project:if the s/w is developed with respect to requirements
in the market called as"project"
It should be Software Project and Software Product.
Software Project is done for a specific clients of your
company. For this some of the testing may be done at
client's side. For example, Acceptance Testing..
Software Product is not done for a single client and it is
released as a product of the company.
Software Product Development is being proactive and
Software Application Development is being reactive.
In both cases you will be addressing a specific need for
For an application there is already a client / need that
has been given to you and you react to it - under the
constraints and environment that is assigned. For product
development you understand that developing such a product
will meet a specific need - you typically don't restrict to
hardware/software constraints or environment. The need you
are addressing with a product predominantly is a latent
need and hence is less customized unlike an application
where Customization takes the driver's seat.
The below mentioned points will describe about the Software project:
1. The requirements are generally captured from the specific customer to build the project
2. Most of the cases the project requirements are freezed before the development
3. Hardware requirements clearly mentioned in most of the cases
4. Software source code is owned by the customer
5. Development costs are paid by the customer as service charge
6. Generally the duration of the project is well stated
7. Costs are fixed, on terms and conditions it may change
8. Development life cycle of the project is till the delivery
9. Conditional contract will be there for maintenance
The below mentioned points will describe about the Software product now:
1. The software products are build based on a concept or idea, requirements are gathered from multiple customers
2. Software products will be used to address the common problems of a business segment or common problems of more than one customer
3. Products are generally owned by the company which is building it
4. The product can be sold to multiple customers
5. Based on the size of the customer (Small, medium, large and extra large etc) the hardware requirements will be varying
6. Based on the existing Software owned by the customer, your product may need to support his software’s (eg: Operating systems, Database servers, and web servers etc)
7. Development life cycle of the product is till the product become obsolete.
8. Annual maintenance contract will be there for new versions support
After completion of system testing and bugs resolving, the
project management is concentrating on User Acceptance
Testing to collect feedback from Real Customers (or) Model
customers. There are two ways to conduct User Acceptance
Alpha Testing Beta Testing
By Real Customers By Model Customers
In our development site In Model customers site
For Software applications For Software products
After Completion of user acceptance testing and their
modifications, project management is concentrating on
software release and maintenance.
What is BVA and ECP
2. Which version of WINRUNNER and QTP you are using in
3. What is the use of Recovery manager in QTP
4. What is retesting and regression testing
5. Write the SQL queries for the following EMP table
to select the employee id and his details from emp table
6. For example: employee dept and employee id and
employee name and employee salary
7. what is a sub and what is a driver
8. What are your roles and responsibilities in your
9. Does BVA is equivalent to ECP
10. If you find a bug what will you do
Written Paper at Net Solutions:
1) Difference between Smoke Testing and Sanity Testing.
2) Bug life cycle.
3) Write the steps followed in STLC in your company.
4) Define: 1) BVA (Boundary Value Analysis)
2) ECP (Equivalence Class Partitioning)
5) Write test cases for a login screen with following