SDLC is performed in two steps.
1. System Analysis and
2. System Design
System Analysis involves:
1. Problem Identification
2. Feasibility study and cost benefit analysis
3. System requirement analysis
System Design involves:
4. System design specifications and programming
5. System implementation, follow up and maintenance
6. Evaluation of the system
first phase in SDLC is recognition of needs
second is feasibility study
third is analysis phase
fourth is designing phase
fifth is development ,implementation and testing phase
sixth phase is maintenance phase
The follwing are the phases of SDLC.
1. Definition of the problem - Identifying the requirement
2. User Requirement Study - Interview, JAD( Joint
Application Development), Survey Method.
Outcome - Functional Specifications Document - High Level
3. Discussion and GAP Analysis - Submitting our level of
understanding to the user and conduct suitable GAP analysis
in understanding requirements.
Outcome - Detailed FS, Prototype, Use Cases, Flow charts,
Logical Data Model and Process Model.
4. Feasibility Study and Cost Benefit Analysis
5. Sign-off and establish a protocol for Change Request.
6. Design - Functional and System Design
Outcome - Dataflow and process flow design with the
suggested Design Methodology.
7. Development - Coding/programming the application.
8. Testing - Functional Testing (Black Box and White Box),
Code Testing and User Acceptance Testing (Concurrent
Testing (if multiple users are involved) and Regression
Outcome - Test Documents with error reporting at every
9. Quality Management - Software quality team will check
the system against established standards
Outcome - Certification
can any body help me to know the procedure followed by
programmer/developer inorder to develop a project. what are
the steps, how he/she get the SRS,technical document??how
does he submit his wotk to TL/PM/Business Analyst?? How
does these documents review?? how the developer starts
coding? how does he deploy his coding in server? in which
server he will deploy?? what are the important document a
developer should have???
Pls give me a real time scenario of development process,
how it is going on in a company????
Thanks in advance